Some questions about Mig29 / pilot / nav points

Cthulhus

Hello

I have some questions about All Mig29.

I saw that video from Flaming Cliff 3 :

On this video, we can see the pilot onboard and the upper right "tv" instrument is different. We can see the Navigation points and targets.

How can I have that ? (pilot in cockpit and this instrument ?) I have the Flaming Cliff 3 module.

Then, during a navigation, If I don't have this "TV Navigation map", how can I know on witch wp I'm heading to ?

Thanks

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

That video is quite old. AFAIK The real Mig29S actually doesn't have that ability, so they removed it for the ingame Mig29S. What you get is a HUD repeater.

You can cycle through the waypoints, but yes navigation in the Mig29 is a bit tricky now.

*sniped :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

This is the old MiG-29 version and ours is more realistic with the HUD repeater. You can't change that.

Ok, I didn't knew that.

Enable pilot by pressing rshift + p

That doesn't work. That work for other airplanes like the SU33, M200C, BF109... But not for that one.

You fly directly to the waypoint if the o is in the middle of the HUD around the + in the middle

So no indication on which WP number we are heading to ?

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

Yeah, it's a bummer. Not sure if that's how it is in the real Mig29S, but these planes were designed primarily as short range interceptors to work in concert with GCI. They wouldn't need many waypoints for that role.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

That doesn't work. That work for other airplanes like the SU33, M200C, BF109... But not for that one.

Then the pilot is not modeled in the MiG-29.

No waypoing number will be shown, but you can use the Kneeboard to mark your position and then see how close you are to which waypoint.

Thanks guys for your help !

Ok, I didn't knew that.

Not in the sim. When they removed navigation from the HDD, they didn't replace the loss with what exists in the real aircraft. There's a panel that allows you to program up to 6 waypoints. You know which waypoint is selected by a switch position and which of 3 buttons is pressed. Hopefully that'll be implemented someday. Until then...

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Not in the sim. When they removed navigation from the HDD, they didn't replace the loss with what exists in the real aircraft. There's a panel that allows you to program up to 6 waypoints. You know which waypoint is selected by a switch position and which of 3 buttons is pressed. Hopefully that'll be implemented someday. Until then...

I'd expect it to be added when the AFM is done and the module is available as a separate (non-FC3) module.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'd expect it to be added when the AFM is done and the module is available as a separate (non-FC3) module.

Time will tell... Until that time comes, navigation in the Mig is something for a PITA

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 years later...

Is this switch indication implemented now? When I change waypoints I see nothing changing in the cockpit of the MiG-29S that might indicate which current waypoint is selected.

Is this switch indication implemented now? When I change waypoints I see nothing changing in the cockpit of the MiG-29S that might indicate which current waypoint is selected.

No. Unfortunately, the navigation panel remains unanimated.

_____