Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not?

chanrobi

Hi guys! Multicrew was one of the topics we wanted to roll out as news article, but since you are active here recently, we will address it here.

First of all we want to say that we don't want to run from what we said. Multicrew will be done and its progressing. Yes it taking its time and we can only be grateful for your patience! :worthy:

Things with helicopter multicrew are not exactly same as in, for instance, L-39. It is because L-39 have two separate cockpits, therefore two clients have each their own accessible controls to fiddle with. But its changing when you have two guys at the same cockpit and both of them have access to whole cockpit, things are getting tricky that way and we tried to dance around those issues we faced. And as solution so far we see separation of available commands for pilot and co-pilot with which we are working right now.

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Besides that, there is more changes for UH-1H, that are coming even sooner... You will hear about them soon..

Edited by belsimtek
  • Like 4

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! Multicrew was one of the topics we wanted to roll out as news article, but since you are active here recently, we will address it here.

First of all we want to say that we don't want to run from what we said. Multicrew will be done and its progressing. Yes it taking its time and we can only be grateful for your patience! :worthy:

Things with helicopter multicrew are not exactly same as in, for instance, L-39. It is because L-39 have two separate cockpits, therefore two clients have each their own accessible controls to fiddle with. But its changing when you have two guys at the same cockpit and both of them have access to whole cockpit, things are getting tricky that way and we tried to dance around those issues we faced. And as solution so far we see separation of available commands for pilot and co-pilot with which we are working right now.

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Besides that, there is more changes for UH-1H, that are coming even sooner... You will hear about them soon..

Thanks for the news update! I appreciate that very much! :thumbup:

Quick dev updates like this make it much easier too wait patiently. I can only imagine how difficult it is to implement multicrewing in the Huey, not just because of the different layout than the L-39, but also because it was designed before multicrewing was available in DCS which probably means a lot of things need to be reworked.

So, thank you guys for all your hard work! Looking forward to see the results :)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I hope for a real engine temp managment in future updates. The actual unbreakable engine no matter how high temps are making pilots to adopt flight vicious hard to remove.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I hope for a real engine temp managment in future updates. The actual unbreakable engine no matter how hight temps are making pilot's to adopt flight vicious hard to remove.

Yes, that is another point that has been said to get overhauled in the future.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

hype is loading :joystick:

what are they any hints?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

hype is loading :joystick:

what are they any hints?

I think that might actually be a hint at a new implementation of the engine (temperature) modeling.

Tornado3 small.jpg

i hope its looking also will be increased like mi-8

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy them for features they don't have? Despite it being 2017, I didn't expect my new motorcycle to hover, even though they said we would have hoverbikes by now in the fifties...

It would be more like a bike that was advertised with a pillion to be available later and you bought it, because you want to take your wife on a trip and love the idea of having her seated on the pillion, but they take forever to get you one.

I know they are working on that, but I still am a bit disappointed it takes this long. The rudimentary implementation in the Gazelle would be enough for the Huey, to have loads of fun, already. Even if the co-pilot could only navigate and adjust the radios and could fire the forward mounted miniguns.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It would be more like a bike that was advertised with a pillion to be available later and you bought it, because you want to take your wife on a trip and love the idea of having her seated on the pillion, but they take forever to get you one.

I know they are working on that, but I still am a bit disappointed it takes this long. The rudimentary implementation in the Gazelle would be enough for the Huey, to have loads of fun, already. Even if the co-pilot could only navigate and adjust the radios and could fire the forward mounted miniguns.

My flying buddies say the exact same thing. Navigation assistance as well for the co-pilot. The Gazelle multicrew system seems like it would work well in the Huey. Although the Gazelle still has sync issues, they are less and less each patch. Because there is no video screen or RWR in the Huey to the layman it looks like a simpler program write. Perhaps they feel there is no money in it, but I would disagree with that.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

My flying buddies say the exact same thing. Navigation assistance as well for the co-pilot. The Gazelle multicrew system seems like it would work well in the Huey. Although the Gazelle still has sync issues, they are less and less each patch. Because there is no video screen or RWR in the Huey to the layman it looks like a simpler program write. Perhaps they feel there is no money in it, but I would disagree with that.
No it's definitely not about the money, they work on it for quite a while, and some base technologies needed to be in DCS (their network code etc.) before the 3rd parties could start on that.

I am sure Belsimtek and others are very interested in a working multicrew for helos.

From where I stand, what PolyChop achieved with the Gazelle, already, would enhance the UH-1H multiplayer experience tremendously.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Communication > speculation.

Thank you for this great news. Very much appreciated.

:O an update from Belsimtek on Mutlicrew, Damn guys that’s like finding the golden goose. Anyway joking apart, a huge thanks to Belsimtek for taking the time and addressing this. The news sounds fantastic, even more so the statement, that you think it’s only a matter of months before this comes live. That is just amazing news Thankyou.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Dear Belsimtek,

thank you for talking to your customers. This is fantastic news. I'd like to suggest a feature for multi crew:

Cyclic position via force feedback

Many of us helicopter pilots are using force feedback sticks, as it is the only affordable way to simulate the feeling of a helicopter cyclic with magnetic brake / force trim.

The idea for multi crew would be to synchronize the pilot monitoring's (slave) stick with the pilot flying's cyclic (master). While only working one way (master -> slave) it would make change of controls easier. The second advantage would be the possibility to learn from a more experianced pilot by keeping your hand on the control or just watching it move.

My cyclic stick - modded MS FFB2 and

My Mi-8 training videos

Yep! I'm using my ancient Logitech Wingman 3D Force Feedback with the Huey and the force trim effect is incredible! Definitely should work in multi-crew so that the last stick to have its force trim button released controls the trim position of both sticks.

Oh and a bit off-topic, I can't get the F-5 to trim back with that same stick, the center point only moves a little where the control position window shows the trim point as way back. I know the stick *can* center that far back as it does it in the Huey perfectly. I can live with it as-is (and the roll spring effect is great with force feedback instead of having to cheat to use a key to go past the limiter) I just need to keep my hand on the stick until I'm light enough, but it's a bit annoying. Would be nice if that could be fixed too. (Sorry to go off-topic but they make the F-5 too. There's also serious FFB stick issues in the Su-27 and Su-33, making them completely unflyable, but that's obviously not Belsimtek's problem.)

Cyclic position via force feedback

Many of us helicopter pilots are using force feedback sticks, as it is the only affordable way to simulate the feeling of a helicopter cyclic with magnetic brake / force trim.

The idea for multi crew would be to synchronize the pilot monitoring's (slave) stick with the pilot flying's cyclic (master). While only working one way (master -> slave) it would make change of controls easier. The second advantage would be the possibility to learn from a more experianced pilot by keeping your hand on the control or just watching it move.

And, if showstoppers appear, it will be a matter of what, years?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Ah, that's a fair answer from any software developer. It's not like bricklaying, you can't always accurately predict how long it will take. Sometimes a little thing will stop you dead in your tracks for days or even weeks at a time. Seems like nothing *after* you find it but until you discovered it it was a complete showstopper.

So the worst case ETA is always "never". ;)

.......Things with helicopter multicrew are not exactly same as in, for instance, L-39. It is because L-39 have two separate cockpits, therefore two clients have each their own accessible controls to fiddle with. But its changing when you have two guys at the same cockpit and both of them have access to whole cockpit, things are getting tricky that way and we tried to dance around those issues we faced. And as solution so far we see separation of available commands for pilot and co-pilot with which we are working right now......

In this case the integration of mulitcrew in the F4 and MI24 is a easier task? For sure, if we don't see the complexity of the system.

I don't think sarcasm is needed here. We got a response from Belsimtek and we can let them get on with it now. From previous snippets it is clear that with old code it was harder to implement multicrew compared with starting from scratch and using the knowledge gained in the creation of the L39

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think sarcasm is needed here. We got a response from Belsimtek and we can let them get on with it now. From previous snippets it is clear that with old code it was harder to implement multicrew compared with starting from scratch and using the knowledge gained in the creation of the L39

Amen to that, brother Cib!

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Let's recapitulate:

A module is released with an announced feature to be included. More than 4 years later, still without the feature or any explanation (despite buyers asking) the dev appears and, without showing or releasing or any form of alpha or beta, says that it will be a matter of months IF no showstoppers appear. And for some reason some of you are very grateful for that.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Let's recapitulate:

A module is released with an announced feature to be included. More than 4 years later, still without the feature or any explanation (despite buyers asking) the dev appears and, without showing or releasing or any form of alpha or beta, says that it will be a matter of months IF no showstoppers appear. And for some reason some of you are very grateful for that.

What do you suggest instead? Shouting them down for what they intent to do, moaning that this now too late and we don't want it anymore and that we won't buy their F/A-18 and their Mi-24 anyways?