GBU-38 Still broken

Swift.

After the 24/04/19 OB patch I was hoping the Jdam tracking issue would have been resolved, however it persists. Attached is a photo showing a mission from TEW 3.0 where I dropped 3 JDAMs from similar altitudes and similar headings with the same SPI, however it is evident they did not impact at the same place (or even close).

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Just tested them myself...

From 12,000’ .. 3m (which is pretty much dead bullseye with our scoring script)

From 18,000’ .. 12m

About 10kts of wind from my left.

Results seem ok to me.

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I cant help but wonder if they have botched in the LGB tracking into the jdam as it seems to wobble in flight like a bang-bang guidance. If so this would explain the large deviation when dropping in windy conditions. I have retried this mission about 6 times now and each time the jdam lands in a different spot. I guess TEW 3.0 will have to go on hold again for the next 3 weeks until this gets patched.

So I've been playing around with it and when I drop at max range it seems to be 50/50 as to whether it will hit or not. But if I wait until nearer the end of the window it returns to +-5m accuracy. Perhaps this has something to do with the weather and the bomb losing energy trying to correct for turbulence meaning it falls short.