Latest REV - Weapons HIT & MISS

rickberry49

Fixed in today’s beta release?

Has anyone tested today’s beta release to see if the issues are fixed? I don’t want to update to today’s version if Mavericks and jdams are still broke. After the last update I reverted to a previous version so don’t want to have to do that again if it is still broken. Thank you!

Edited by Shimvolski
Spelling error

I repeated my test after the latest update, with mixed results.

Previously, I experienced mostly misses below 12,000 ft altitude.

Today,

at 10,000 ft both GBU-31 destroyed "their bridge", and 3 out of 4 GBU-38 totally destroyed their armour target. The 4th GBU-38 hit within a couple of meters from the T-55 and IRL the tank would have been out of action.

That's about as good as it can get.

at 8,000 ft altitude, both GBU-31 destroyed "their" bridge, hitting smack on.

Two out of 4 GBU-38 fell short (by about 100 m) of "their" tanks and 2 hit smack on. I need to repeat the test from 8,000 ft to validate these results.

Edit:

I repeated the test twice and the result is exactly the same.

The (heavier) GBU-31 hit the bridges right in the middle every time.

The GBU-38 miss 2 out of 4 times; it's so reproducible that it seems to be programmed to do just that. Especially as, when it misses, it always falls short by 100 m or more.

Note: For these tests I always set min. altitude to 2,000 ft less than planned release altitude. Also, I always created profiles for the two types of JDAM's.

My take on this is:

There is improvement: especially the GBU-31 seems to be ok; but the GBU-38 works only at higher altitudes. I will use 10,000 feet as the lowest release altitude for the GBU-38.

As a general rule however, I will be at 16,000 ft when I use these weapons. This is for several reasons:

1. Low altitude exposes you to light air defense weapons which you can't even detect.

2. Lower release altitude means shorter range, making it even more dangerous.

3. When you approach at low altitude, the target is more likely to be hidden by trees and structures.

I have run this test for 10,000 and for 8000 ft several times, always with the same settings, and the results are consistent.

Edited by LeCuvier
Test repeated

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I had the same issues with the JDAMS in the A10c. Then i realized that the pitch of the plane when dropping them should be higher than 5 deg. (i almost allways do it at 20-25 deg) and this way mine now hit 100% the exact spot targeted by the tgp, markpoint or spi. Hope this helps you guys.

...Then i realized that the pitch of the plane when dropping them should be higher than 5 deg. ....
Where did you read this? It's news to me, I usually release from level flight.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Where did you read this? It's news to me, I usually release from level flight.

I didn't read this i tried numerous things, cause i was quite frustrated (missed all the time from level or toss) at the time and this resolved my problems. (CCRP, JDAM low to high altitude)