Off-set pilot position ?

Khaz

Hi people !

I have a quite annoying issue with the default centered view in the A-10C pit that I'd like to resolve as it's driving me crazy for a while now... :joystick:

When hopping in the pit at a mission start, my pilot seems to be WAY in a off-set position compared to the seat. I feel like he's sitting right on the stick (and maybe he just love it lol). :lol:

So when using my TIR (v5) and looking on my 6 or even on the left and right sides my viewpoint gets pushed forward just right in the instrument panel and using consoles becomes really hard if not impossible. :(

Until I find a solution to correct this BORING behaviour I'm used to physically move a little bit back from my screen, center my TIR and then apply a little bit of zoom using the mouse wheel but I have to do this EVERY time I need to re-center my TIR in-flight...

I didn't had this strange behaviour in the past (months / years ago). I recently got nostalgic and jumped back in the A-10C. :)

I have attached some screens of me looking on my sides and being pushed forward in the instrument panel so you can check by yourselves.

Also, I've found this guy complaining about the same issue in an old thread but he never got any answers. :helpsmilie:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3447710&postcount=17

In advance, thank you guys. :thumbup:

Screen_190420_210454.thumb.png.fda32b744120727802647492bea72845.png

Screen_190420_210501.thumb.png.c13a0d9037f5eabfb6c4cfe25cbe9c8f.png

Screen_190420_210445.thumb.png.221f5ad8b92d4c60d6b9e60b6c4916d2.png

Check view axis bindings especially for z-axis. Ensure that only trackir is bound. I agree it looks like you are too far forward. If you recenter trackir after starting dcs mission does it go back where you expect? Does your trackir app show you centered in the z-axis before you start dcs?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Hi Puma and thanks for your answer.

Check view axis bindings especially for z-axis. Ensure that only trackir is bound.

Yes it is. BTW DCS does not permit to bind anything over than Track IR axes for track views.

Others columns are greyed.

If you recenter trackir after starting dcs mission does it go back where you expect?

Yes, viewpoint get centered as expected, no problem about that.

Does your trackir app show you centered in the z-axis before you start dcs?

Yes it is.

After a bit of testing and tweaking settings in the TIR app it seems that it is the curves that are messing (especially the Z curve).

I used to use the default TIR profile for a long time when I started to play DCS years ago then I downloaded a TIR profile found on the web and it was doing fine.

As of today, don't know why (game updates ?) that profile is messing around (specifically with that Z axis).

So, I've thrown 2 hours this afternoon in the TIR app trying to find something that suits me but as I've never tweaked settings before it's a bit hard. Didn't found something good yet for me.

Anyway I tried other profiles from the web and that Z axis is messing too.

If I set the Z curve to 0 the problem is solved BUT it removes the ability to zoom by leaning towards the screen. :joystick:

I have the feeling that my pilot position is offset independently of that Z curve messing.

Any ideas / tips / profiles to share, please ?

Edited by Khaz

I typically disable TrackIR zoom, I've had problems with it in other games, too. Don't know if it's a problem with TrackIR or the game's support for it (both probably) but I just disable it usually. Some stuff just doesn't know how to deal with it properly. I have zoom on a scroll wheel and just retain the ability to shift the axis (lean forward) but I do not use ''zoom'' with TIR

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Hi zhukov. Thanks for your input.

I used the TIR zoom (Z axis) for years so that won't be easy to go without it but it seems that I don't have the choice if I want my head to stop bumping into front panel each time I look on both sides lol.

Strangely (and fortunately) I'm not getting THAT annoyed with this behaviour in the Hornet nor Tomcat.

• 2 months later...

This is something that has to be fix by DCS to maintain their reputation for reality. If you look backwards from the default position in the A10 your 12 to 18 inches in front of the parachute pack. Your nose is in the front panel and buttons and text on the MFCD don't line up. I don't know any pilot that would fly in that position and especially if their pulling G's.

If you change you position and put you head where it should be you lose half of you HUD. PLEASE don't tell me to use the zoom function. It doesn't change your head position but currently it is the only way to see more of the front panel and still be able to see the HUD...if you can focus on something that small.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

I have a quite annoying issue with the default centered view in the A-10C pit that I'd like to resolve as it's driving me crazy for a while now...

When hopping in the pit at a mission start, my pilot seems to be WAY in a off-set position compared to the seat. I feel like he's sitting right on the stick (and maybe he just love it lol). :lol:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2133289&postcount=2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Right but wrong

This will work. It does allow you to move your head back, BUT, You'll lose most of your HUD and you'll have to stay perfectly still in order to see that little part that is visible.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS