F/A-18C Hornet

BIGNEWY

• 1 month later...

So far I got to the part right after the first landing attempt, and got shot down. Will try again in a little bit.

I have nothing but the highest compliments for these. As a kid who grew up on Star Wars, Top Gun, and Iron Eagle, I'm having a BLAST flying these. Looking forward to you doing F-16 versions this fall. :thumbup:

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Awesome!! Very well done and entertaining. Thank you for the work!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little mission that will take approx. 2 hours or so to complete if enough players are playing it. I would suggest at least 3 fixed wing pilots but 2 can still have fun with it. It has Hornets, Tomcats and Hogs to choose from and requires at least one Huey pilot at mission start to trip a trigger to get the main enemy activity going. Most aircraft are land based but there is a carrier included if you'd prefer to start or rearm/refuel there. It is in the Caucasus map.

Mission consists of a 12 Humvee column trying to breakout to home base and the Russians are trying to kill it before it can reach safety. Support needed will include CSAR, CAS, CAP and even some Vietnam style bombing where the enemy cannot be seen below the forest canopy. There may well be some periods of time where there is no enemy activity and you will need to loiter over the column at the ready as they retreat.

This played well with my squad so I hope you enjoy.

Batumi Breakout V2.0.miz

• 1 month later...

:thumbup:

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

One of my most flown mission in dcs. Thanks for the update. Would definitely check it out.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 2 weeks later...

can please someone share some mission with the TGP?

I am unable to find anyone.

Also a training one is ok for me.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Sedlo I just have to say, I like your missions far better than most of the paid campaigns. I thank you for your service to the community. That said, I know you must spend untold sums of time making these for us. I for one would be willing to pay for the campaigns. You deserve compensation for the massive amount of time invested. I don’t know how that works with ED but even if you had your own site where you pay and then get the file transfer.

Again thanks for all the work. I’ve done some voice over work for one of the other mission developers. I like doing it so if you ever need another voice, send me a PM. Will work for new missions lol.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Sedlo - Just completed this mission after the 3rd attempt, I just wanted to say that this is one of the most exciting Single player missions I have played, really immersive with the radio scripting. I second KTFBGB in saying that I would happily pay for more missions/campaigns like this. For those of us not brave enough to venture into multiplayer it makes a real difference to feel like you are really part of a squadron on a mission- Thanks

That's great to hear you enjoyed the mission!

I do have a campaign in the works as we speak, Bold Cheetah! It will be an F/A-18 campaign on the Persian Gulf map, 13 missions. It's gonna be fun, I think!

HI Sedlo - Just completed this mission after the 3rd attempt, I just wanted to say that this is one of the most exciting Single player missions I have played, really immersive with the radio scripting. I second KTFBGB in saying that I would happily pay for more missions/campaigns like this. For those of us not brave enough to venture into multiplayer it makes a real difference to feel like you are really part of a squadron on a mission- Thanks

+1

Thanks @Sedlo!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

That's great to hear you enjoyed the mission!

I do have a campaign in the works as we speak, Bold Cheetah! It will be an F/A-18 campaign on the Persian Gulf map, 13 missions. It's gonna be fun, I think!

P.S. In your Eastern Friendship campaign, mission 3 Combat Air Patrol, when arriving at the tanker (Texaco 11), it says to switch to the freq (channel 15 if I recall correctly) - I switch to the tanker freq, extend the fuel probe but never actually get any communication between the tanker and myself. It just hangs there and says press F10 when done tanking - but the \ doesn't pull up the comms menu. I just headed towards CAP 1 and then CAP 2 and orbited until the Russian Bear bomber crossed the Russian/Georgian border, I engaged as requested, splashed the two MiG29's and then RTB. Although I didn't get success in the mission, guessing that was due to me baiting the bomber and I actually crossed the border first. Oops. Any known issue with the third mission after the new patches/updates?

Cheers and thanks again for all your hard work,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hey Darth! In the air, the \ key won't work to bring up the comms menu.. You have to do the keybind for Comm1 (left radio) or Comm2 (right radio), depending which one you need to use. It's "RightAlt " or "RightCtrl " to activate that.

I have them bound to my TM Warthog HOTAS, but didn't seem to work.

A little bit after the 9:00 mark is where the tanker interaction attempt is.... The kneeboard seemed to show channel 11 and 15. Tried on both comm 1 and comm 2. Probably did something wrong, but couldn't seem to figure it out. Also, just after initial takeoff from Kutasi, when circling left to lineup towards waypoint 2, the airfield called and incorrect break procedure and cleared me to land. Not sure if that might have had an impact on the following scripting or not.

Cheers and thanks for any input,

Don

I took a look at the video and found the issue. Just sent you a PM

Thanks Sedlo! Figured it was a mistake on my part, and clearly it was. Cheers for the quick and helpful replies!

Cheers,

Don

All,

Having an issue with a campaign i've created.

I've noticed that whilst the mission will give 100% completion for killing the opponent, it's not crediting me with an A-A kill in the pilot logbook. Can anyone point out a reason for this please?

I've attached one of the missions for feedback

02. Hop 1.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
All,

Having an issue with a campaign i've created. J

I've noticed that whilst the mission will give 100% completion for killing the opponent, it's not crediting me with an A-A kill in the pilot logbook. Can anyone point out a reason for this please?

I've attached one of the missions for feedback

Unfortunately it is because logbook is buggy as hell...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas