HOW CAN I FLY BY IFR IN GP MAP ?

mosqui

Good afternoon

I have recently acquired the Persian Gulf map and I have the module A 10 C but I have noticed that there are no Tacan stations in the airports of the map. How can I navigate instrumentally (IFR)? In the A 10 C we only have UHF for ADF and I think it does not work.

Could anyone help me?.

Thanks in advance

Can’t you just navigate to steerpoint? Use the TAD to place mark points and fly to them.

Yes i can fly by steerpoint But that is not a IFR navigation .There are not aids systems for navigation like Tacan or vortac in PG map ?.

There are them in real life in this area?.Very weird thing.

Thanks Any way for you early answer GTFreeFlyer

True about not real nav aids, I completely agree, but FAA here is decommissioning VORs because GPS is taking over. Might as well use that GPS if you can :)

There’s always the F10 map for navigation, hahaha!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Good afternoon

I have recently acquired the Persian Gulf map and I have the module A 10 C but I have noticed that there are no Tacan stations in the airports of the map. How can I navigate instrumentally (IFR)? In the A 10 C we only have UHF for ADF and I think it does not work.

Could anyone help me?.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

There is an updated beacons.lua file that adds a lot of Navaids to the Persian Gulf ... of course, only for Single Player ... it's very well documented, give it a try:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300559/

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB