Nice updates

The new Canopy is amazing especially in weather.

The condensation off the wing tips is a nice surprise as well.

Nicely done!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

The new Canopy is amazing especially in weather.

The condensation off the wing tips is a nice surprise as well.

Nicely done!

What about wingtips? This is news to me. I'm away from my PC, can you put a picture of what you mean up?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
What about wingtips? This is news to me. I'm away from my PC, can you put a picture of what you mean up?

A bit of weather and a generous pull on the stick. Pic attached

I hadn't flown with weather in a while so this may not be new.

I was just blown away by some of the weather effects these days.

Beta 2.5.4.28615

Nice stuff!

tip.thumb.jpg.9989ba747fdeedd7242685160ad2cb76.jpg

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

No, it is not really "New" but it looks cool :], yes.

Nice one!

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably not the correct thread, but my DCS is not updating since I did a repair to the system after I lost the Spit gauges. The last version I have is 27430...very old now. How can I get the updates to start again? Any direction to a thread on lost updates? Thanks for any advice.

Sorry guys...I checked with the Updater thread by SkateZilla and found I am on the latest version. Plus DCS is looking for updates every re-start. The program is getting very stable now and updates are appearing less often - apart from hotfixes.

At your own risk!

I am no expert but I did the same earlier in the year. Maybe 6 months ago.

I just uninstalled and re-downloaded it.

When I logged in, all was well and it downloaded the rest.

It may or may not work for you and others may have better ways.

It DOES save registry entries that probably don't make sense after the update.

A re-download, re-install worked for me. (It gets everything nicely where it should be).

I had my saved games saved so it all worked out in the end. I have all my serial #s saved as well.

Edited by DeepDrummer
more info