Fun with UH-H1 Huey ARGO Campaign Mission 1

DubDub

I'm assuming I'm missing something simple or there'd be complaints about this mission everywhere.

- I set my ADF to 430

- Flew to Batumi and pick up the passenger

- Orbited the port as directed until I was told to they had enough material

- Set my FM radio to 40.00 Mhz as directed

- Flew over the fleet until told to return to the Argo

- Landed on the rear of the Argo. (The ship with the big "46" on the front)

And there I sat on the landing pad of the Argo with the engines at idle for a half hour with no next step and no mission notification.

What am I missing?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing then realized there are about 5 ships with the 46 on them the one you want (as long as you follow your FM bearing) is not within the fleet but some ways off on its own, If you remember after you took off some minutes later you flew past the fleet, thats how far away the single Argo 46 is. Hope you get mission done.

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

Hi

I managed this (just by flying back along the bearing I flew out on) and then picked the Billy-no-mates ship some way from the main fleet. It worked.

I am a bit puzzled by the ASW mission though. Like a chump, I couldn't figure out what to do with the Morse code transmission and it was only later that it occurred to me that this was a homing signal (slap forehead). What I don't understand is, is it possible to home outbound to the ASW area? I thought that FM only allowed to you follow a signal to its source.

I enjoyed the mission but I can't be bothered to go and do it again (flying round and round Batumi harbour gets old very quickly) and was wondering if anyone could tell me how this works. I completed the mission by flying to where the waypoint appeared to be on the map. It worked but I hate to think that I am missing out on a really useful feature and I can't find anything about it by Googling. All the guides I have seen only talk about homing in on a signal.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive