VRFree systems gloves: is it finally happening?

BaD CrC

Dunno if it means much-i understand that DCS has supported Captogloves for some time -and that implementation hasn't worked so well to date .

It should be mentioned that Oculus is reported to be working on a VR glove solution as well .

In any event , i personally can't deal with disembodied hands floating around the pit . Perhaps a whole-body animation would change my mind .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Looks good, functionally it looks alot like Point control (buy today)... And it doesn't seem to be available to order yet.

What I actually want DCS to do with these "glove" controls is to ditch the floating hands of doom, and attach them to the pilots arms (that tick box about arm bending we've had forever is interesting). And to have some way of "moving the body out of the way" of controls (like in the hornet) without turning the pilot body off. A project of this magnitude would merely take 2 weeks :)

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Looks good, functionally it looks alot like Point control (buy today)... And it doesn't seem to be available to order yet.

What I actually want DCS to do with these "glove" controls is to ditch the floating hands of doom, and attach them to the pilots arms (that tick box about arm bending we've had forever is interesting). And to have some way of "moving the body out of the way" of controls (like in the hornet) without turning the pilot body off. A project of this magnitude would merely take 2 weeks :)

This is totally in the realm of the possible. Star Trek Bridge Crew has had this for years, and it is super immersive. You can hold your arm/hand out in front of your face and it just feels real. Here’s hoping we see it in DCS eventually!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

It still blows my mind that no one really put serious effort for the Leap Motion. Not when it was just a 23€ to buy, as now its prices has jumped over 500% to around 120€ price range.

For desktop users it was best option really as you could install it top of the display, angled down toward user and you could just raise hand and point things on the screen.

And for VR users you could mount it top of the HMD same manner, angled slightly downward so it covers feets and forward sector (not straight forward like in all demos).

That would offered a complete hand tracking in DCS.

At the time (2-3 years ago) it would have been the cheapest and still most accurate device for the hand tracking, individual fingers tracked, all the pinch etc gestures understood etc.

BUT NO ONE DID NOTHING!

Many stupid (and some fancy) demos, but it shouldn't have been difficult to one developer to spend few weeks time to twiddle with the ready codes out there and get it working in DCS.

If not as virtual 3D gloves/hands, then at least a virtual pointer in 3D space by tracking the index finger and thumb, and then use then as left/right click.

Here is better demoing that how it works with the VR HMD.

I once put half a day effort to get that thing working in CV1, and it was simply the most amazing experience you can have in VR, as your hands gets tracked without anything in them. And quick browse in the library for mouse cursors etc showed that most were out of date at the Orion update, that would have required someone to write it again to get a simple mouse cursor in DCS.

I got one working in updated version, and managed to try it in DCS where the mouse cursor followed my hand index finger, but I never got mouse clicks work in that app, so I needed to use a DCS bindings for joystick to get right/left click. It was very acceptable but as the mouse app crashed constantly and worked just few times, it was no Go. But someone with coding experience etc could very well have programmed a new in couple days, so simple the code was.

https://api.leapmotion.com/libraries?q=mouse

https://api.leapmotion.com/libraries?q=gestures

Example: https://api.leapmotion.com/libraries/433

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It still blows my mind that no one really put serious effort for the Leap Motion. Not when it was just a 23€ to buy, as now its prices has jumped over 500% to around 120€ price range.

I also think that gloves are overrated and decent hand tracking is all one would need.

For desktop users it was best option really as you could install it top of the display, angled down toward user and you could just raise hand and point things on the screen.

And for VR users you could mount it top of the HMD same manner, angled slightly downward so it covers feets and forward sector (not straight forward like in all demos).

That would offered a complete hand tracking in DCS.

At the time (2-3 years ago) it would have been the cheapest and still most accurate device for the hand tracking, individual fingers tracked, all the pinch etc gestures understood etc.

BUT NO ONE DID NOTHING!

Many stupid (and some fancy) demos, but it shouldn't have been difficult to one developer to spend few weeks time to twiddle with the ready codes out there and get it working in DCS.

If not as virtual 3D gloves/hands, then at least a virtual pointer in 3D space by tracking the index finger and thumb, and then use then as left/right click.

Here is better demoing that how it works with the VR HMD.

I once put half a day effort to get that thing working in CV1, and it was simply the most amazing experience you can have in VR, as your hands gets tracked without anything in them. And quick browse in the library for mouse cursors etc showed that most were out of date at the Orion update, that would have required someone to write it again to get a simple mouse cursor in DCS.

I got one working in updated version, and managed to try it in DCS where the mouse cursor followed my hand index finger, but I never got mouse clicks work in that app, so I needed to use a DCS bindings for joystick to get right/left click. It was very acceptable but as the mouse app crashed constantly and worked just few times, it was no Go. But someone with coding experience etc could very well have programmed a new in couple days, so simple the code was.

https://api.leapmotion.com/libraries?q=mouse

https://api.leapmotion.com/libraries?q=gestures

Example: https://api.leapmotion.com/libraries/433

Take a look at this

http:// https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218484

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Well I can’t get mine to work either... granted I haven’t tried in awhile. But same issue here

Have you contacted the manufacturer? If they don't work just send them back, if you have them for another flight sim and that's why you keep them, fine you have it for another sim.

If I had them ordered for DCS and they wouldn't work no matter what I do I just sent them back...

• 3 months later...
The problem is if they work for any game/sim, the manufacturer won't accept the return. I only fly/play DCS, so must be absolutely sure they work...

Thought I would get an answer from VRfree based on your comment which I sent to them. Below is there answer and it appears that you were wrong

"As previously stated, our return and refund policy is straightforward. I don’t know what forum your message below is from, or even if it is about our VRfree gloves. What I can say is that if you purchase our gloves, try them, and decide they are not what you need, then you can return them and we will provide you with a refund."

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...

You would think if they are promoting their use in DCS they try to help you get them working.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD