Question: How to Convert a Multiplayer Replay (.trk) file to a Mission (.miz) file?

I find it disgusting that people would not want to share in the effort of distributing knowledge of how to do things in the ME or in script form, its completely against the spirit of community and these mission designers should not have their missions running on any servers (certainly not my server)

and ENO, i feel for you bro, many times when i load up my server for 8 hours I get nobody joining despite having a very quality mission running but I don't take it personal nor would having another server or two with the same mission file running actually effect my server load (the people who come to my server come for my company and my skills and the ones who don't probably have their own small group going on and would never join regardless)

This is contradictory. Most mission makers are in here 10x more than anyone else trying to help others make missions. Just because we want to keep our own within the parameters of our own server doesn't mean we're not in here EVERY- FREAKIN- DAY helping others.

And I don't take an empty server personally- I take it financially at the tune of 110 dollars a month + power on the server.

What I take personally is people who can't walk 10 feet without being critical of something or someone. And believe me, this community is full of them.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I think this is a controversial topic, in that a mission designer may not want their missions showing up on other servers, regardless of private or public play.

I ask that respect be given to the originator of a mission. If you want to take someone else's mission, please ask permission before doing so.

Wrecking Crew

Hollo Pointe server

Surely, by publishing a mission on a public domain, you have to accept that people will adopt, and adapt them. I agree, that it is common courtesy to credit the author's work, and to ask if they object, but we live in a world where such niceties are often overlooked.

I for one believe in respecting ownership, and copyrights, but the only way to protect your work is to keep it away from public domains. Once it's out there, it is no longer protected, period.

This is contradictory. Most mission makers are in here 10x more than anyone else trying to help others make missions. Just because we want to keep our own within the parameters of our own server doesn't mean we're not in here EVERY- FREAKIN- DAY helping others.

And I don't take an empty server personally- I take it financially at the tune of 110 dollars a month + power on the server.

What I take personally is people who can't walk 10 feet without being critical of something or someone. And believe me, this community is full of them.

I couldn't agree more Eno. A lot of folk want life served up on a plate with a side order of chips, and god help us if their chips go cold!

Hats off to you, and all the other guys that go above and beyond. Frankly some of the stuff written on this forum makes me cringe, and you must have the patience of a saint to rise above all the petty rancour that pours forth at times.

Some of us however, realise just what effort is involved in what you do.

Thanks.

i was once pitchforked off for the name of my mission pack, sometime adults act like children.

I have no issues with you wanting your missions run only on your server ENO, infact i stopped by and played a round with sniporbob tonight on it.

but i think you should most definetly let ppl look at your mission in the editor and see how your doing things to learn off of, i mean that should be a compliment to you not the other way around.

as for financial commitment I can't comment on that because i run a server for free, sure its not 24/7 and sure its player hosted when it is but i do have a 60/30mbit connection and make sure my missions can be flown and handled by my cpu at same time.

one of the main issues is that anyone can get a mission file just by joining a server and because of this every mission file can enter the wild. so no mission file is safe to remain server exclusive.

and i wanted to clarify to ENO that i was saying open and look at a mission in the ME, i fully understand wanting to keep your missions on your server only -- there is nothing wrong with wanting that, but the difference is that someone can open and look at a file and not necessarily want to do so to run it on his own server.

Edited by =LFC=Chameleon_Silk

just open it in the ME

but have to add:

as a mission designer myself I would not object to any modification of my mission whatsoever, infact the disclaimer says to take whatever you need knowledge / script / design and use for yourself in any shape or form you wish with a credit to the original author encouraged, that ultimately i cannot enforce.

I find it disgusting that people would not want to share in the effort of distributing knowledge of how to do things in the ME or in script form, its completely against the spirit of community and these mission designers should not have their missions running on any servers (certainly not my server)

and truthfully anybody labeling do not modify or dissect this mission is usually protecting a big brown nugget of crappy design regardless... so i guess its not a big loss.

and ENO, i feel for you bro,

=====================================

many times when i load up my server for 8 hours I get nobody joining despite having a very quality mission running

=====================================

but I don't take it personal nor would having another server or two with the same mission file running actually effect my server load (the people who come to my server come for my company and my skills and the ones who don't probably have their own small group going on and would never join regardless)

I have played DCS MP since 2011. Fly the Ka-50 now about two years. I am always looking for a good war scenario with an interesting GVs layout to attack using the Ka-50. I look at the MP mission description. If it says "training" , I am not interested. I am not familiar with your server.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(reply to the rest of the guys) :

Why I want a SP copy of a mission is because the really good missions are not usually up in MP very often and I wish to play some in SP, not as a server. I really miss Moa's and Tyger's missions, wish they were available, even for a purchase price. I am interested in a mix of aircraft missions, but the Ka-50 has to be involved in it. No Ka-50? I won't be there.

Some guys in TeamSpeak have missions for download available to people that join their TS channel. Look for "Open File Browser" doing a right mouse click on various folder headings. Mission files selected will download under Users\Downloads .

My intention is not to steal anything. My intention is to play a MP mission as SP that I rarely see up in MP.

I play a mission for what it is within its limitations. I do not complain about mission quality.

Edited by DieHard
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and truthfully anybody labeling do not modify or dissect this mission is usually protecting a big brown nugget of crappy design regardless... so i guess its not a big loss.

Hey,

DCS needs to incorporate a security aspect to the missions. Missions need to be protected as much as the design content of the DCS World engine and all of the modules, such as A-10C, Combined Arms, UH-1H, etc.

No body has the moral right to steal someones mission -- regardless of why. What is it with you people who think you can just take what ever you want, as expressed in these threads?

Silk -- you better be concerned with somebody taking your mission and modifying it. What are they going to feel free to take next?

As for your and a few other people being disgusted,,, by not 'sharing' -- there is a mission designers forum here on these pages.

DCS Missions need to have a security option/be compiled.

DCS --> You guys need to fix this. You wouldn't stand for DCS module software to be copied/modified/used w/o license. Fix it for mission design to be open script or compiled code, based upon the mission designer's preference. Put this issue behind us.

Wrecking Crew

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 2 years later...

I'm not much of a mission designer myself, but I believe people have a right to protect their works considering how much time, skill, creativity and energy it takes to create a good mission.

If they wish to share, they can do so freely in the User's File Sharing area and/or on their preferred Servers which usually have rules and stipulations that come with entering those servers.

They also have the right to Market and Sell their creations and should have the right to pursue copyright infringements.

At the very least, I agree with a few that have said and/or implied that at the very least, we should obtain Express Permission from the Mission Creator/Copyright Holder before using any or all parts of their mission(s) for any reasons (SP or MP).

But that's just my opinions.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 years later...

Dare I post on a three years old thread? I dare.

I couldn't find anything else that was relevant to my problem.

I have a multiplayer mission that just consists of a list of aircraft, slots for regulars and a bunch of other non-warlike stuff.

Like an idiot I accidentally overwrote it with a new mission.:music_whistling:

Someone suggested I take a trk file, open it in ME and save it as a new mission. :thumbup:

It worked...For me. But buddies were not able to join as they faced an interminable loading time. Reading this thread led me to believe there was a block of some sort.

My server runs on another PC so I went and did the same routine with a server track. No joy.

Am I doomed to have to redo the mission from scratch?

And if anyone DARES to ask if I made a backup of my mission I'll, I'll, I'll...

Dare I post on a three years old thread? I dare.

It would have been better to start a new thread with your specific problem, rather than reviving a thread from 5 years ago.

Someone suggested I take a trk file, open it in ME and save it as a new mission. :thumbup:

It worked...For me. But buddies were not able to join as they faced an interminable loading time.

Open the track file with a compressor utility like WinZip or WinRar and delete these two folders from within:

ChRiwQj.jpg

After the track file is rid of those folders, rename it into a .MIZ file .. it should then work OK and be much smaller than what you have now.

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

God knows how you guys get to know this stuff but you are appreciated. Loads of thanks. :thumbup:

You are welcome .. I learned this by comparing a mission created on the mission editor, with a mission created by renaming a track file ... the two folders that I told to delete, hold information quite large that isnt needed for just the mission, but they make the MIZ file so large that on multiplayer it might take too long to download to the client.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...
On 12/19/2016 at 10:34 PM, SnowTiger said:

I'm not much of a mission designer myself, but I believe people have a right to protect their works considering how much time, skill, creativity and energy it takes to create a good mission.

If they wish to share, they can do so freely in the User's File Sharing area and/or on their preferred Servers which usually have rules and stipulations that come with entering those servers.

They also have the right to Market and Sell their creations and should have the right to pursue copyright infringements.

At the very least, I agree with a few that have said and/or implied that at the very least, we should obtain Express Permission from the Mission Creator/Copyright Holder before using any or all parts of their mission(s) for any reasons (SP or MP).

But that's just my opinions.

I can see that for guys who make money off of their missions, or to prevent someone else from making money or taking credit, but in actuality, nothing stops you from joining a server, taking a look at what is where and how it is set up and creating the same or similar thing...so unless it's prohibited, it's going to be a thing people do.  I've never done it as most mission makers have baby settings, too much eye-candy AI, and unrealistic loadouts or configurations.  But If someone wants any of my missions, they are in the USER Files for free.
JUICE

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]