How Much Would You Pay

jmod

Not that much.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Its an interesting price point, right up there with the Xtal, which reviewed well with DCS, and arguably 20/20 vision should look much better than the Xtal.

Someone should have that Sveweir guy review it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would literally pay that much for a VR system THAT WORKED. If I could jump in DCS or any other VR program and it worked perfectly smoothly thanks to an adequately powerful CPU/GPU being available and the programming worked properly.

Problem is none of that exists. GPU's can barely run the current gen of VR headsets, and the jump in performance by the 2080ti from the 1080ti was a joke, like literally a joke by nVidia as they still have mountains of last gen cards to sell.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would literally pay that much for a VR system THAT WORKED. If I could jump in DCS or any other VR program and it worked perfectly smoothly thanks to an adequately powerful CPU/GPU being available and the programming worked properly.

Problem is none of that exists. GPU's can barely run the current gen of VR headsets, and the jump in performance by the 2080ti from the 1080ti was a joke, like literally a joke by nVidia as they still have mountains of last gen cards to sell.

Yeah , at RTX prices :(

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

We need dynamic foveated rendering. That will be the game changer.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

We need dynamic foveated rendering. That will be the game changer.

Yea absolutely - but the more I think about it the more I think this won't actually solve the problem, as moving the 'focused' part of the image at the speed the human eye can flick around instantly would need a huge refresh rate to avoid blurring etc so as to not be noticeable...and we are back in the realms of needing a GPU that can support a refresh rate that high, along with the high res etc.

Bottom line we just need hardware that doesn't suck in 2020...you know that date that we thought back in the 80's we would be in flying cars and have robots walking around, hologram display systems etc etc.

What we got instead - standard flat screens, 'emergent' electric new cars that are pretty average, and a robot vacuum cleaner.

Salty I know...but we went from the Wright brothers and mans first flight to walking on another planet (allegedly lol) in the space of 1 mans lifetime...now progress in technology is pretty rubbish.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Clearly , you haven't flight-simmed with mesh graphics at 320×240 :) . I do get the frustration , but consumer VR is just 3 years old . How long did it take to get from a Marconi morse wireless set to a transistor radio ?

The fact is , these are exciting times we flight-simmers live in and , as always , i prefer to be grateful for what i have , rather than being frustrated by what is not available :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Clearly , you haven't flight-simmed with mesh graphics at 320×240 :) ....

Clearly you are incorrect - did you not see the comment regarding the 80's ;)

Eh glass 1/2 empty or 1/2 full - granted I am happy I got to experience VR in my lifetime...but by the time it gets any good my eyesight will prob be too bad to enjoy it. I am just genuinely sad technology hasn't evolved at the rate we thought it would back in the day - maybe I am just getting old lol. I guess humans aren't getting any smarter - no reason to think the rate of technological advance will increase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey , we'll have fusion power in two weeks :) And i am genuinely sad that humans haven't gotten any smarter

Edited by Svsmokey

Hey, some people are satisfied to live a life of mediocrity, while others hope for more..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There’s a lot of visual trickery and technical wizardry that can go on behind the scenes - I don’t think that’s terribly unobtainable. But I am quite excited that Valve is pushing VR refresh rates forward with Index. And considering that Tobii was doing this over a year ago on a modified OG Vive, I think it’s closer than a lot of people are making it out of be.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3266634/tobii-vr-eye-tracking-vive.html

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3406416/tobii-lands-former-intel-pc-chip-vp-to-push-eye-tracking-mainstream.amp.html

Yea absolutely - but the more I think about it the more I think this won't actually solve the problem, as moving the 'focused' part of the image at the speed the human eye can flick around instantly would need a huge refresh rate to avoid blurring etc so as to not be noticeable...and we are back in the realms of needing a GPU that can support a refresh rate that high, along with the high res etc.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

• 3 months later...
Salty I know...but we went from the Wright brothers and mans first flight to walking on another planet (allegedly lol) in the space of 1 mans lifetime...now progress in technology is pretty rubbish.

And this man lived through 2 world wars... We can have lightning fast R&D within 50 years again but i doubt you'd agree to have half your family killed in the process :no_sad:

Hey that’s awesome! Like all technology it will come down in price and trickle down into gaming. Like the 1080p LCD TVs which used to be $10,000

I think that’s the only way really high quality VR can be developed. Not for gaming directly but for industry and then gaming will pick up on it. I use VR as an architect and it’s amazing for that.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Varjo VR-2 Pro is out:

https://varjo.com/products/vr-2-pro/

"These are unedited pictures shot through Vive Pro and Varjo when using the DCS World simulator."

I hope multi-CPU/GPU support comes to DCS sooner to take advantage of modern cloud game servers.

Well SheeeeIT...

It does look good. In particular I'm intrigued by the double display technology. But ~7k USD is a bit rich for my blood, plus it doesn't really look like 60ppd to me based on the images, it looks pretty close to what the Reverb is at really (a bit better maybe).

Hopefully they figure out how to get it into the ~2k price point at which I'd consider buying it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think it would be nuts to spend that kind of money on a headset for home gaming use when the technology will undoubtedly continue to evolve fairly rapidly.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

A kidney

I don't know why this is presented as big deal, you do have two after all, and they are redundant ;) :music_whistling:

87 degree FOV, so its a scuba mask inside a scuba mask. :helpsmilie:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: