Title screen and menu's unresponsive

Von Esch

Within the last week, my dcs installations (beta and official) stopped being responsive on title screens and all ui outside of the actual game. I am running 2x780 ti's and everything was working great prior to a week ago. Set up in surround, resolutions match, even ditched the bezel correction to try and get it to work. Only happens with dcs. I'm on windows 10 on the latest nvidia drivers. Already attempted to repair both installations through the repair option in start menu. Works fine single monitor. If I do DSR the graphics don't align with the actual buttons. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the threads but have had no luck

I am also experiencing the same problems.

When using Nvidia surround, the game menu freezes right after loading is complete or even before. More annoying is it that i have to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the game then clicking back in just so i can click one more time and enter the next menu. this has to be repeated over and over again until i get into the actual sim.

(This has also caused a massive heat spike in Both GPU's almost burning both of them up)

This problem does not arise with a single monitor or with multiple monitors activated spanned out as a 3 monitor display in DCS (NOT nvidia surround) So the "left hand display" solution is not a viable solution for any one running Nvsurround.

Specs:

Windows 10 pro

2xGTX780

This fix fixed the issue but caused another one, excessive heat, so much in fact that my machine crashed while playing DCS.

Managed to fix the issue.

It was caused by windows 10 automatically installing drivers, In this case all 355.XX drivers causes this problem.

There is a workaround for this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

this will allow you to hide driver updates and prevent them. the process is fairly straight forward.

Once that has been done, return to the 353.62 driver. this should fix the issue.