[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] texture bug

Hi, Since the release of 2.1 version I have been experiencing some weird texture issues. There is a texture of a little village that starts repeating all over the map...looks like this (in maxed settings, so no problems with LoD nor textures themselves):

1496501818-dcs-2017-06-03-01-36-17-05.jpg

1496501812-dcs-2017-06-03-01-36-21-11.jpg

1496501820-dcs-2017-06-03-01-41-07-53.jpg

1496235305-dcs-2017-05-30-23-34-56-82.jpg

1496235313-dcs-2017-05-30-23-34-41-03.jpg

The thing I have been able to find out is that it seems to happen when starting a mission in the ground and for the first time after running DCS, I mean, once you have load a flight in the air, you can start a new one in the ground no problems but if you start the game for the first time and then you load a flight starting in the ground this problem has many chances to show up.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure of this but I would say it behaves like that.

Another interesting thing is that once it happens, you need to start a new file in ME and load NTTR, then back to Normandy...otherwise, there is no way to get rid of it, even exiting DCS and rebooting the PC.

Also, when this happens, some textures are not loaded correctly (blurry) in the harbours and the objects that should be on top of the repeated texture are missing (I guess because the objects are referenced to the ground and as those locations are not the correct ones they are missing). Repairing the game doesnt worked and it happens with the old and the latest version of DCS 2.1.

Curiously enough I havent seen any thread reporting this particular issue (or maybe I didnt find it) but its a very annoying problem...

hope it can be helpful for the devs to fix it asap and maybe someone can tell me how to fix it if possible.

Many thanks!!

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Take a look at my MODS here

weird then...happens to me since the first release of 2.1

Already repaired a couple of times and tried deleting the folder in "saved games"...I still having the issue now and then.

were you playing on the NTTR map before this?

Sometimes yes sometimes no iirc, but I cant confirm this...

I´m Alt+Enter a lot and not seeing this issue.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I can add that pressing Alt+Enter is what triggers it. I started a thread about this and ED wanted to know more but I couldn't make it happen again.

Not sure of this pal, at least on my end...It happens to me even before making Alt+enter so...btw, seems like I have this problem now EVERY SINGLE TIME I load a Normandy mission, no matter what. I have ALWAYS to load a NTTR mission and then load again a normandy one in order to fix this...incredibly annoying :mad:

It happens more and more since the last 2.1 patch :cry:

Really weird mate. I guess it's not your case, but did you install 2.1 just for Normandy or updated from a previous install? And, do you had at some point any kind of mod installed there?

A squadmate had a problem with the install where ME didn't work and wasn't capable to load the map whatsoever, but a complete reinstall made the trick and now it's working so obviously something was corrupted there. Maybe you were unlucky and something similar also happened.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I can add that pressing Alt+Enter is what triggers it. I started a thread about this and ED wanted to know more but I couldn't make it happen again.

Still waiting happening once on my rig.

Really weird mate. I guess it's not your case, but did you install 2.1 just for Normandy or updated from a previous install? And, do you had at some point any kind of mod installed there?

A squadmate had a problem with the install where ME didn't work and wasn't capable to load the map whatsoever, but a complete reinstall made the trick and now it's working so obviously something was corrupted there. Maybe you were unlucky and something similar also happened.

S!

Really weird...I updated from a previous install (2.0). The only mod I have right now is a personal TM warthog throttle input file for F-5E to make it work with more switches but I also tried without it with no success...runned repair several times also.

I'm surprised no one from ED has yet said me something about this :huh:

Have you tried renaming your saved games folder (for 2.1) and trying again? Rename that folder to something else, run DCS, close it, copy the "input" folder back so your bindings are back then see if it happens still. Maybe there's a funky compiled shader or something somewhere

Have you tried renaming your saved games folder (for 2.1) and trying again? Rename that folder to something else, run DCS, close it, copy the "input" folder back so your bindings are back then see if it happens still. Maybe there's a funky compiled shader or something somewhere

yes, in fact I tried that when some people said it incresed performance, but after testing with a totally new folder, I didnt gain a single fps so I erased the new folder and defaulted the name of the original one...

Anyway cant remember if this problem happened with the new folder because only tested fps so I will try again tonight if possible.

many thanks!

I just can't get rid of this issue!!, its driving me crazy tbh :mad:

I have just realized that when I have the issue, I can see the trees color changing to brown/orange in spring as intended which, for some reason, is NOT happening when the textures are looking correct...REALLY WEIRD!!!

I tried defaulting settings, repairing, deleting metashaders folder, etc. Nothing works...I have to load nevada first, in order to be able to make Normandy to look correct...but looks like even then there are some issues like the trees?¿?¿?:doh:

where can I see the log file so I can check for errors and such??

thanks all!

where can I see the log file so I can check for errors and such??

thanks all!

Windows C. / Users / Your Name / Saved Games / DCS Openalpha / Logs

Bizarre it's happening so much for you but haven't seen anyone else reporting it.

I had a weird thing last night where in FW190 the 3 ammo lights and gun sight were flashing and radio messages stuttered and noticed my RAM usage was at 20gigs. Higher than I have seen before.

Edited by cthulhu68

Thanks for your help, here is the logs folder (and DXDiag) in zip, dont know what elese to do...I have no idea what to look for in there, maybe you can find something wrong.

Many thanks!!

EDIT:Damn, forgot to ask to your post mate, yeah, its extremely weird that seems to happen only to me?¿?¿?...especially when installation of 2.1, normandy and assets pack ran like a charm for me...no crashes (well just a couple), no performance issues, etc.:huh:

Logs and DXdiag.rar

Edited by watermanpc

also try running:

DCS_Updater.exe clean

Could be a GPU Problem Hardware or Software as well.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

also try running:

DCS_Updater.exe clean

Could be a GPU Problem Hardware or Software as well.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

About the "clear" command, I think that removes all skins right?? that's why I didn't made it but not sure...

About hardware, well, I don't think so...everything else runs great on my system, I haven't had a single BSoD in a whole year (since I mounted this PC from scratch, CPU, board, RAM, and a few months ago teh graphics card) and Im running latest drivers (but I remember this happened also with previous ones so...I dont know what to do.:cry:

Yes, I have this issue also since yesterday! I haven't changed a thing setting wise, the only thing that happened was the game CTD on me. Not sure if it was immediately after that that this happened or not...

Screen_170610_213216.jpg

Screen_170611_142740.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have done a repair and clean update and still have this issue now...

https://forums.eagle.ru/<a href=https://postimg.org/image/bxn2b43e5/ target=_blank>Screen_170611_142740.jpg

Edited by Justificus
Fix pic link... and add info

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

About the "clear" command, I think that removes all skins right?? that's why I didn't made it but not sure...

It gives you the option to backup the files or to keep them but will list all that aren't "official" files.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Ok, I uninstalled both NTTR and Normandy and have reinstalled them. I also fund nVidia had a newer driver for my video card so I installed that also. No difference:

Screen_170612_175309.jpg

Justificus

System Specs:

• ED Team

strange, not seeing this myself

just to check, you have

Removed all user modifications if any.

done a cleanup and repair,

and tried a fresh saved games dcs folder?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It gives you the option to backup the files or to keep them but will list all that aren't "official" files.

Yes, I choosen to keep the files obviously, as I have TONS of skins so I performed the clean also...

So it looks like I'm NOT the only one with this issue, but I still reading [uSER ISSUE] in the title :noexpression: