Georgian Campaign JTAC coordinates out of range

I am currently on Push 8-1 and in this mission as well as 2 or 3 previous missions the JTAC seem to be giving me coordinates 400-900 nautical miles away. See the video I recorded to help show what I'm trying to explain.

https://youtu.be/_pZgBLHmkIE

So question is, does anyone know if I can fix the JTAC for the Georgian Hammer campaign missions so they give correct coordinates?

I backed up the missions folder for campaigns and tried to edit the mission file and moved each unit a couple feet each in case it was because of the mission being super old and maybe elevation changes happened in updates, but that didn't fix it. So I'm hoping someone else might have some ideas. Any help people can give is greatly appreciated.

I was circling in between the fence waypoint and ip waypoint on that one.

On Push 8-1 which I was just doing yesterday I was basically over top of the target waypoint beyond the fence and very close to the predator JTAC on that campaign and that JTAC was still giving coordinates 870 nautical miles away.

I am also playing this in beta 2.5... Perhaps I should try in 1.5.8 and see if the same thing happens?

I was circling in between the fence waypoint and ip waypoint on that one.

On Push 8-1 which I was just doing yesterday I was basically over top of the target waypoint beyond the fence and very close to the predator JTAC on that campaign and that JTAC was still giving coordinates 870 nautical miles away.

I am also playing this in beta 2.5... Perhaps I should try in 1.5.8 and see if the same thing happens?

Looking at your coordinates on the video as: 37T KN xxxxx xxxxx

Doesn't match in game areas any listing of KN xxxxx xxxxx should be in zone 38T:

JTAC Hammer 1 should be listing targets as 38T KN xxxxx xxxxx

JTAC Jaguar 1 should be listing targets as 37T GH xxxxx xxxxx

JTAC Axeman1 should be listing targets as 37T GH xxxxx xxxxx

Pedator Uzi 5 should be listing targets as 37T GH xxxxx xxxxx

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

So I checked which mission I recorded that on, it was Georgian Hammer Push 5-3. I also noticed the airport and looks like I was a bit off the beaten path, but not by to much.

Thing is, in most other missions I can even contact the JTAC right after taking off from the AFB and even if I am 30nm away he will give me correct coordinates. It only seems to be the Georgian Hammer missions that are messed up.

I will try to record a better example in a few days. It happens every time no matter what my location is.

So I checked which mission I recorded that on, it was Georgian Hammer Push 5-3. I also noticed the airport and looks like I was a bit off the beaten path, but not by to much.

Thing is, in most other missions I can even contact the JTAC right after taking off from the AFB and even if I am 30nm away he will give me correct coordinates. It only seems to be the Georgian Hammer missions that are messed up.

I will try to record a better example in a few days. It happens every time no matter what my location is.

I am very rusty with the A-10c, but I can't reproduce your issue in push 5.3:

1. I contacted "Mantis JTAC" from the runway without taking off on 30mhz fm and the 9 line data was correctly called to the target (GG 214772) and then marked on the TAD with the correct data.
  2. I then "hooked" the red triangle with TMS Forward-short, followed by TMS Forward-Long to make SPI, I then made a "Mark point A" with TMS Right-short.
  3. Changed steerpoint switch to Mark points and selected "A" in CDU and Co-ordinates were correct (37T GG214772).

Next:

1. I contacted "Pinpoint JTAC" from the runway without taking off on 40mhz fm and the 9 line data was correctly called to the target (KM 527827), but wasn't marked on the TAD at all when told to standby data.

Next:

1. I contacted "Pinpoint JTAC" when in the air on 40mhz fm and the 9 line data was correctly called to the target (KN 527827) and then marked on the TAD with the correct data.
  2. I then "hooked" the red triangle with TMS Forward-short, followed by TMS Forward-Long to make SPI, I then made a "Mark point B" with TMS Right-short.
  3. Changed steerpoint switch to Mark points and selected "B" in CDU and Co-ordinates were correct (38T KN 527827).

Also:

1. At no stage with 9 lines from both JTAC's did I get a 37T or 38T designation (Is that normal ???).

So it seems to work ok here, are you getting the data message and triangle in the TAD after 9 line verification or are you inputing coordinates manually into the CDU from the 9 line talk, if the later I would suggest your using the 37T instead of 38T as stated by others.

Generally speaking there will be JTAC issues with line of sight that will have to be checked and corrected down the track due to trees being in the way now, and yes this mission has a few line of sight issues, but they can track 80% of the targets they are assigned.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
More testing done

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not 100% sure but I think I fixed my JTAC issue. When I stopped using the 2.5 Open Beta version, I only copied the customized keybinds folders, my missions and my logbook file into the new DCS folder in saved games. The JTAC is now working, so I am assuming something bugged out and the clean files fixed it.