Civilian Gazelle - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 08:10 AM   #21
zaelu
Veteran

I will toss this idea here also.

How about proposing ED to subsidies a civilian Gazelle version?

Make it free.

No costs for copy protection.
No ED fee.
Just little money from ED directed to Polychop?

I am sure it can't be a problem of Principles but one of measure, measure as amount of money. Carefully negotiated and planned it could bring people to a free helicopter module in DCS and add some money to Polychop and quite a bit of fame (especially after the FM will be finalized )
Old 12-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #22
Absha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithandra View Post
That's the issue for me to be honest, IMPO a trainer/civil air-frame has next to no use for me in DCS. I mean if you want to fly from point A to point B then just use an existing air-frame without any weapons
Trainer, when fully IFR qualified unlike the L39, have a purpose. Training pilots and friends, who will then buy a full module. And it's more deep than FSX-P3D.

Fully civilian aircraft on the other hand does not. They can only be useful as AI. So no point dedicating time for them from my POV.

Last edited by Absha; 12-10-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Absha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #23
SVTONY

I wasn't able to comment on Facebook, but I'll buy it if you make it.
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #24
Pilot Ike

I don't mind civil aircraft in DCS, but personally I probably wouldn't buy a civil Gazelle. An EC-135/H-135 on the other hand...

I know that it would be easier for you to derive a civil version from your military Gazelle, but it wouldn't evoke too much interest in the community, as Gazelles are rare as civil ones in real life. If you want to gain more interest, you need to create something that is much more popular and well-known. In FSX/P3D/XPlane, A320 and B737 are best-sellers, because everybody knows these planes and maybe flew on holiday with them a few times.

So if you really want to go down the path of civil aircraft: Don't venture into niche aircraft! That's a waste of time and money on your behalf.

For the Nevada map and the parts of the Grand Canyon, an EC-130 or a B206 LongRanger would be a smart choice, as these helicopters are operated there for scenic flights on a daily basis, and there are possibly quite a few people out there interested in simulating/reliving these flights.

Pilot Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #25
Robert31178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarraceno View Post
they are not, they put it as an example just asking on what happened yesterday, and anyway, if they do at least they asked about it!

and honestly, a civvy chopper is already more useful than any acrobatic plane....
Well, you could also be the camera bird now for airshow stuff lol....
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #26
Samek

My 2 cents:

Civilian Gazelle will not sell well, not for 30$, not for 15$. It is just not a very appealing module to sell. I won't get it, and I am really into helicopters (in fact all modules I own are helicopters!). I understand that may seem like a good idea since it would take a fracture of resources compared to developing a module from zero, but I bet it would be very bad received by community.

I know you don't want to hear about module ideas at this moment, so I would just say- check what modules are mostly anticipated by us, which can be developed with least costs etc. I think unarmed helicopters are probably a good idea.

Good luck!
Old 12-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #27
Dee-Jay

Default AIRWOLF

Civilian Gazelle ... nope.

But the "Lady" ...

YES!
ASUSTeK ROG MAXIMUS X HERO / Intel Core i5-8600K (4.6 GHz) / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 16GB DDR4 Ballistix Elite, 3200 MHz / Windows 10 Home 64-bit / HOTAS Cougar FSSB R1 (Warthog grip) / SIMPED / MFD Cougar / ViperGear ICP / Track IR 5

Last edited by Dee-Jay; 12-10-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Dee-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #28
Angelthunder

I would love to see a Robinson R44,Brantley B-2,MD Explorer,MBB/Kawasaki BK 117 and a Sikorsky S-76 for aeromedical stuff in DCS.
Angelthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #29
Baz000

Lakota helicopter would be cool as a light utility
Baz000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #30
SVTONY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samek View Post
My 2 cents:

Civilian Gazelle will not sell well, not for 30$, not for 15$. It is just not a very appealing module to sell. I won't get it, and I am really into helicopters (in fact all modules I own are helicopters!). I understand that may seem like a good idea since it would take a fracture of resources compared to developing a module from zero, but I bet it would be very bad received by community.
Good luck!
Counterpoint - versus a 50 to 60$ helicopter for a new customer?

Out of all the aircraft, I have the hardest time flying and fighting in the Gazelle. I don't mind a version where I just have to worry about flying.

Maybe a new customer can pick it up and learn how to fly a helicopter first, before adding weapons and sensors to the mix.

Though if they want to bring out a new chopper like the OH-58 or something else, that's fine by me!
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote