KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server)

SeaQuark

The server is up, but the times that I log on it is almost always empty of other players. If you play at 2100 UTC every day, you catch "the crowd". Both sides have some veteran players that are very skilled. But if you use voice coms, they will fly as a team and help you get better.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Great fun on this server last night (Sat) with 30 odd pilots in combat.  The Mig-51 vs Sabre is a great match-up 🙂

Start time was 1900 GMT.

Thank you SeaQuark for this server and for increasing the pilot capacity.

Thank you to ACG_VietKong for arranging for so many pilots to take part through the link below. 

Link for Korea 1952 Discord : https://discord.gg/KqpQSSC

Hope to see more folks on this server for events like last night 🙂

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Like 2

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 1 month later...

and a month later .....LOL ...

30 odd pilots ... excellent.

We (54 Sqn) are getting the backsides in gear and flying the Sabre on server. We flew on Sunday as a 4 ship and Tuesday as a 7 ship (F86s) recently and got into some great battles up in the contrails with Mig drivers who knew what they were doing. It was great fun and we're hoping we'll be joining future events when we can. 

S!

• 3 weeks later...
16.03.2021 в 06:31, CrazyGman сказал:

Будут ли когда-нибудь снова использоваться дополнительные элементы с перехватом "бомбардировщиков" и атакой наземных целей?

Также на этом сервере станут доступны боевые птицы?

I join the question

• 2 months later...

Flew my very first online sortie on this server a couple of days ago. I flew a MiG-15 and there was another MiG and two F-86s at the time. It was fun - the F-86 guys knew what they were doing and kept the fight up high. Once we got down low, it was relatively easy to latch on to them. Stupidly, I forgot to turn off the gun safety, so I missed several golden opportunities (though the guy I was chasing eventually blacked out and went in the drink). I don't have a video, but I do have a partial tacview if anyone cares...

What I didn't care for was that the fight was essentially over the F-86s airbase, which meant they could re-spawn more quickly and didn't have to worry about running out of fuel. Obviously, that's a great strategy for the the F-86 team, but if the MiGs play the same game (which I certainly intend to do next time I log in), then two two teams would never meet. I would like to humbly suggest that players fly to the mid-point between the two airbases and patrol there, waiting for the other team to arrive if necessary. This will not only even things up in terms of respawn time and fuel consumption, but will also shorten the "boring" fly-to-the-fight time. 

Cheers!

Doc

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Talisman_VR said:

Hi Folks,

I think there will be good numbers on the server tonight as there is a bit of a gathering planned.  So might be a good idea to join the party. 1st July from about 18.00 hours BST onwards.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I'll announce that on my thread so Cold War MiG-15 and F-86 pilots might join the party with you!

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

22 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I'll announce that on my thread so Cold War MiG-15 and F-86 pilots might join the party with you!

Good numbers and good fun last night, although things kicked off a bit later than I posted, so sorry I got the timing a bit early.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

KOREA1952:  GUNFIGHTER III - PVP COMBAT SERVER EVENT!
KICKS OFF THIS SATURDAY, 10TH JULY 2021 - FROM 20:00GMT

On the heels of our hugely popular GUNFIGHTER I & II pvp combat events, the KOREA1952 server will host it's third installment of this exciting dogfight event series!  MiG15's vs F86F Sabres in a epic battle for aerial supremacy.  Communication and teamwork are the order of the day, with fun the only serious objective.  Virtual pilots from across the DCS World are invited to come take part - all experience levels are welcomed - come fly and take part!

GUNFIGHTERS III: Flight Suit Attitude

Flight suit attitude—the best pilots over the skies of Korea had it—and everyone else knew it. It was a sense of confidence, pride, and even arrogance in one’s skills and abilities as well as in the machines that they were flying. It defined a culture of informality and coolness which belied the competitive and dangerous nature of the business of air combat in the early jet age. Join us on Korea1952 and let your flight suit attitude shine.

GUNFIGHTERS II: Big Iron Recap

The second gunfighters shootout occurred on Thursday, July 8 and was a massive success. More than 35 pilots were flying simultaneously at the server’s peak, almost hitting the server’s maximum capacity. The event lasted three and a half hours. There was an even balance of planes for the majority of the match-up. The Sabres had a better day of it, with three pilots notching two kills a piece and one pilot bagging five MiGs during the event.

THE KOREA1952 SERVER

KOREA1952 offers a player v. player experience that is the closest analogue for the Korean War, built on the DCS World Caucuses map.  No assisted spotting, external views, or missiles are allowed.  The server offers ground targets as well. Score is kept but often recycles.  Teamwork is encouraged but not required.  The server hosts events on Thursdays and Saturdays but is always online for interested pilots.

SRS COMMUNICATIONS

KOREA1952 server communications are via SRS, with full mission briefing and server information available from the KOREA1952 discord.

JOIN THE KOREA1952 DISCORD
https://discord.gg/frKCh9PGCN

GUNFIGHTERIII.png

KOREA1952.png

• Like 1

MVP | Community Founder
Email: 
muggavirtualpilot@gmail.com

mvp-signature-image.png

Discord:  https://discord.gg/brSBc9BWaZ  |  Twitch:  www.twitch.tv/muggavirtualpilot  |  Facebook:  www.facebook.com/muggavirtualpilot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

K52-POSTER2.png

MVP | KOREA 1952
MULTIPLAYER COMBAT SERVER

Discord:  https://discord.gg/frKCh9PGCN

GUNFIGHTERS_-_KOREA1952_-_EVENT.png

THIS SATURDAY - STARTING 18:00UTC
GUNFIGHTERS |  MULTIPLAYER COMBAT EVENT!

MVP | Community Founder
Email: 
muggavirtualpilot@gmail.com

mvp-signature-image.png

Discord:  https://discord.gg/brSBc9BWaZ  |  Twitch:  www.twitch.tv/muggavirtualpilot  |  Facebook:  www.facebook.com/muggavirtualpilot