C-101 update

Vibora

I'm not an avionics tech but Ive done a decent bit if flying and these systems are all designed to be interchangeable. I know you could tie the come radios into the audio panel although you'd probably have to modify for a new selector position. But if a 430 can talk to a VOR/ILS from a 1960s cessna it should be able to talk to the C-101. Of course I could be wrong. Would it be worth calling and talking to an Avionics guy from a C-101 squadron? To me the value if the 430 is instrument approaches and procedures, not the pink line. I was upset about the misleading marketing for the 430 and the L-39 and after discussing it with Bignewy he said they'd adjust the wording but not integrate it. I appreciate though Vibora that you have been direct about it and I understand your position. I still love the 101 without a gps.

Edited by Jester986

Tieing in a COTS GPS into civilian aircraft, even an older one isn't quite the same as adapting it to a 70s era military aircraft may be a whole different story

Consider this: when I was in the army, I had to replace a number of keyboards in the patriot ECS - we were spending approximately $3000 each for these special keyboards that tied into the 70s era electronics infrastructure when a USB keyboard costs all of what? 10$ for a generic one?

It's possible that there would be a way to retrofit one of these to the c101 avionics, but I'd be skeptical about it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I'm like you: speculating based on past experiences only to opposite conclusions

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Thanks for another round of updates, guys.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4429863#post4429863

Appreciate the wing breakage now and the Sea Eagle training mission. A couple of comments about the mission. First, there's a small voice over bug. After the ship is destroyed, the instructor tells you to tune into the Gelendzik VOR but then says UHF 1 is tuned into Sochi-Adler. I guess that should say Gelendzik as well. Next, just a small thing, but maybe have the wingman launch both Sea Eagles at once instead of having him wait until the first missile hits the ship? Doesn't really matter. Just makes things go a little quicker.

Thanks again.

Edited by kontiuka

Will correct that voice-over bug. Thanks.

The wingman only launches one missile, that is enough to destroy the ship that has already been hit by our missiles. We want to see first the effect of our two missiles, and then command the wingman if necessary, the idea is to avoid wasting missiles.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Will correct that voice-over bug. Thanks.

The wingman only launches one missile, that is enough to destroy the ship that has already been hit by our missiles. We want to see first the effect of our two missiles, and then command the wingman if necessary, the idea is to avoid wasting missiles.

The first time, it took 3 missiles. The second time, 4. But that's fine.

The first time, it took 3 missiles. The second time, 4. But that's fine.

Every time I tested the mission it took just three missiles, and I tested it dozens of times. Anyway, changed wingman task to be able to launch two missiles, though he will launch just one if your missiles have already hit the ship, only when ordering him to launch first he will launch both.

You can download the mission again with the same link in my previous post.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every time I tested the mission it took just three missiles, and I tested it dozens of times. Anyway, changed wingman task to be able to launch two missiles, though he will launch just one if your missiles have already hit the ship, only when ordering him to launch first he will launch both.

You can download the mission again with the same link in my previous post.

Probably the way you originally had it was fine if the person follows the lesson correctly. But as long as the wingman has the option of finishing off the ship with a 4th missile if necessary. Maybe it's a 10% chance but it did happen to me. Maybe I was just unlucky. :) But my wingman knew enough to finish him off with a 4th and I passed the mission.
Edited by kontiuka

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know.. what is planned next.

Thanks to you gulredrel. There will be more improvements in next Open Beta update.

I appreciate the recent improvements to the C-101.

If possible, can you update your Facebook or this link and let us know what we can expect for the next Open Beta update?

It is is a "SECRET," I understand. LoL.

:unsure:

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I appreciate the recent improvements to the C-101.

Thank you.

If possible, can you update your Facebook or this link and let us know what we can expect for the next Open Beta update?

It is is a "SECRET," I understand. LoL.

:unsure:

Mainly will be failures repair. For example, you will be able to set an engine fire in the ME and repair it afterwards once in the mission, as you know, landing in a friendly airport, shutting down the engine and requesting repair to the mechanic.

There will be a large list of failures that were not working previously, including failures that occur during the mission and are not set in the ME. Another example of this type of damages, in this case a very tiny one, is the wire of the Emergency Gear Retraction Button ("Crash Button"). Once you press it (for two seconds to break the wire), you will have the option to repair the wire.

And this applies to any other damages and failures that can happen in the mission or that can be set in the ME.

As I said there will be a large list, these are just a couple of examples. In current version, many failures can be repaired but some others can't, after this update everything will work, unless we missed something.

There will be other updates of course, but we won't have time for more since the version for Third Parties gets locked some time before the OB is released, to fix any possible issues.

Next to fix will be remaining multicrew issues.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another example of this type of damages, in this case a very tiny one, is the wire of the Emergency Gear Retraction Button ("Crash Button"). Once you press it (for two seconds to break the wire), you will have the option to repair the wire.
I never knew you had to hold it or 2 seconds.:doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice - you can use Circuit Breaker to Stop Stick Shaker!

I just noticed that I could use the Circuit Breaker to disable the Pitot Heat and Stall Warning Stick "Shaker"!. LoL

I was even more impressed when I noticed I could bind that Circuit Breaker to my HOTAS.

Hilarious - and COOOOL!

Many Thanks.

EDIT: I just starting speed reading the C-101-CC Manual - There is also a Stall Warning System Power Switch located on the Forward left Panel. Nice!

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added details.
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I'm gonna have to try that....

I noticed last time I was flying, I was getting quite a bit of black flickering in vr using current stable build. I haven't seen that in any other aircraft, and haven't gone back to see if it's a one time thing, or if I'm gonna have to live with it for the time being

System:

I just noticed that I could use the Circuit Breaker to disable the Pitot Heat and Stall Warning Stick "Shaker"!. LoL

I was even more impressed when I noticed I could bind that Circuit Breaker to my HOTAS.

Halarious - and COOOOL!

Many Thanks.

Yup. Downside is that obviously it disables pitot heat but also the AoA gauges in the C-101CC.

Yup. Downside is that obviously it disables pitot heat but also the AoA gauges in the C-101CC.

I made an EDIT: I just starting speed reading the C-101-CC Manual - There is also a Stall Warning System Power Switch located on the Forward left Panel. Nice!

So Pitot Heat is OK, but you still lose AoA gauge. All I do is turn the system back on if I am doing a landing.

Nice little plane indeed.