DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

Not to belabor this too much, I understand and agree with all that has been said about how long it is taking and the disinclination to say too much or too little.  What I question  is saying things that are not true when they are known to be untrue.

To  be fair, it is not just this developer but a widespread practice throughout the flight simulation industry for developers to say that their products are very close  to being released years before they actually are known to be ready.

Edited by billythebassman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 2:32 AM, Ercoupe said:

Sorry Captain, but you remember incorrectly. The Corsair did not see combat over Viet Nam. The last time it saw combat with U.S. forcers was over Korea.

Sorry Captain, but you remember incorrectly. There was a Vietnam before "Vietnam". Google "Indochina war". And yes, the Corsairs wore french cockades.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

A heads up for guys who might have missed that, but in the description for the vid Lieuie posted above, a link to a couple of new pretty cool Corsair screenshots was posted.

• Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:33 PM, Lieuie said:

Some interesting snippets in there…

… around 24 mins - working with ED, Marianas WW2, other assets… surely there’s a Zero in that mix?

The “under the tarp” comment - unannounced ED content to launch with Marianas?  Would certainly need more navy assets than just the Intrepid - USN DDs, BB, CL???  Assault fleet can presumably be reused from Normandy.  IJN assets??

Also really, really pleased that RN FAA skins are planned, with possible RN ordnance to follow in EA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say I am looking forward to the F-4U but it needs the AI adversaries assets to go with it ... otherwise it could be a damp squib...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:32 AM, rkk01 said:

Some interesting snippets in there…

… around 24 mins - working with ED, Marianas WW2, other assets… surely there’s a Zero in that mix?

The “under the tarp” comment - unannounced ED content to launch with Marianas?  Would certainly need more navy assets than just the Intrepid - USN DDs, BB, CL???  Assault fleet can presumably be reused from Normandy.  IJN assets??

Also really, really pleased that RN FAA skins are planned, with possible RN ordnance to follow in EA

I hope it's Iwo Jima expansion. That's the one thing I'm really looking forward to our Marianas map.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baltic Dude said:

I hope it's Iwo Jima expansion. That's the one thing I'm really looking forward to our Marianas map.

An Iwo Jima expansion has been confirmed?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

1 hour ago, Mr_sukebe said:

An Iwo Jima expansion has been confirmed?

As far as I know, no, it's not.

"Under the tarp" could be many things really, anything about it here is speculation at this point. If the interview was done a week or two before its airing time, during which period OctopusG did tease their own (not yet ED licensed) Su-22M4, it could have been (also not yet ED licensed) Mag3's Su-17M4, which was under a tarp in 2021 new year update image, and was again teased in 2022 new year update in the background. I personally believe it was that.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

As we all know ED will release some WWII Pacific asset to pair with the WWII Mariana map and M3 Corsair, so my question is, how do You think they will release it? In wich form?
As part of Mariana map? Could be possible, like Razbam already do with they SA/Falklands map.
As a DCS core component like the modern counterpart? Could be possible but then how could they still justify the payware version of the European's WWII Assett pack?

As a "preview" of a phantom and ipothetical Iwo Jima/WWII Pacific Expansion? This could lead to a another payware version but in this case could also lead to more release and support during time.

7 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Haven't seen anything about ED releasing any assets to go with the WW2 Marianas map?

Magnitude 3 will release some assets to go with the corsair. 

No, that’s not the way I heard it in the interview above - correct, ED haven’t announced, but it sounded (to me) that the under the tarp comment related to stuff that M3 & ED were working on collaboratively or ED led…

If ED release some WW2 PTO assets, that surelly coming on the WW2 assets pack DLC, but outside of the M3 PTO assets. Actually, the next WW2 assets by ED has unkonow.

Remember M3 was plans to build Iwo Jima map some years ago, but actually they has none confirmed a "map team", if has working on some of them,  that can be added to the marianas map with ED colaboration? has a option.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

If ED release some WW2 PTO assets, that surelly coming on the WW2 assets pack DLC, but outside of the M3 PTO assets. Actually, the next WW2 assets by ED has unkonow.

Remember M3 was plans to build Iwo Jima map some years ago, but actually they has none confirmed a "map team", if has working on some of them,  that can be added to the marianas map with ED colaboration? has a option.

You have a lot of comments on the forums. Are you an ED employee?

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...