F-15C Flight Qualification Campaign

F-15C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign Updated to V1.2 on ED's User Files Section.

We have updated the campaign to V1.2 to fix a few reported issues and update the installer to install to the F-15C directory for those users who purchased the DCS F-15C module and did not purchase Flaming Cliffs. The other packages remain unchanged.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've found the issue:

I have my Gameplay Settings typically set to "Immortal" to avoid overall frustration. Well, get this -- when I disable that setting, and I am no longer immortal in the sim, *none* of the previously tested aircraft display the "YOUR AIRCRAFT IS DAMAGED!" status.

On the other hand, as soon as I enable the "Immortal" setting again, the "YOUR AIRCRAFT IS DAMAGED!" status message is back!

Interesting, isn't it?

I was able to reproduce the issue on my system. I'll open a bug report with the details. Bug reported here.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

I was able to reproduce the issue on my system. I'll open a bug report with the details.

Good to know. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Really love what you have built here man :thumbup: quick question though, is there a recommended checklist to use? Over the years I have collected a few different ones for the eagle. I realize that this is a simple avionics and systems model, and I was able to guess my way through startup and shutdown, but a nice checklist like received with your A-10C campaign would be great. Thanks

Glad you are enjoying the missions. That's a great suggestion and we hope to release a detailed checklist at some point in the future.

Someone else asked about checklists for the F-15C. We did some searching and found these references:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/722011/

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=37&file=474&lang=en

http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnelldouglas/f-15eagle/to-1f-15e-1-flight-manual-f-15e-aircraft.html (F-15E but procedures are similar).

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Download Package has been updated.

We made some minor zone improvements (making them bigger so they are easier to hit) and adjusted the end mission music so it doesn't overlap with the voice dialogue (the DCS World 1.2.15 update changed the way sounds are processed).

We also updated the installer to support those users who don't have Flaming Cliffs but only purchased the F-15C module.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

BFT12 - Low Level Flight Plan

In this BFT one has to stay in close formation to the flight leader in low level flight. Also this task is perfectly done, one partially can not reach the Waypoint in time - whose fault would it have been? What is more: Partially the flight leader neglect the highest allowable altitude.

What has priority? Maintaining the close formation or observing the BFT rules? In my opinion both should be possible at the same time.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Download Package has been updated.

We made some minor zone improvements (making them bigger so they are easier to hit) and adjusted the end mission music so it doesn't overlap with the voice dialogue (the DCS World 1.2.15 update changed the way sounds are processed).

We also updated the installer to support those users who don't have Flaming Cliffs but only purchased the F-15C module.

Excellent support. Thank you! :thumbup:

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

BFT12 - Low Level Flight Plan

In this BFT one has to stay in close formation to the flight leader in low level flight. Also this task is perfectly done, one partially can not reach the Waypoint in time - whose fault would it have been? What is more: Partially the flight leader neglect the highest allowable altitude.

What has priority? Maintaining the close formation or observing the BFT rules? In my opinion both should be possible at the same time.

Yes this mission requires a clean first rendezvous with the AI Flight Lead. If you join quickly then he will leave his orbit and you will reach the first waypoint on time. The AI Flight Lead should hit the other waypoints on time as that is how they are scripted.

When he breaks altitude that is something the game engine is doing and not something we can control in mission. You however need to maintain the altitude restrictions so it can be challenging to fly.

My best advice is to stay close to the flight lead (in the pocket so to speak) and constantly check your altitude. When the flight lead appears to stray off altitude keep yours constant as he will come back down later in the flight. You need to keep an eye on him in case he changes direction so you can follow but your waypoints are programmed the same as his.

The AI Flight Lead altitude changes wasn't the case in earlier versions of DCS World so something has changed recently causing the AI Flight Lead to change altitude unexpectedly.

If it's too problematic we can look at re-scripting the FE instructions to allow for deviations above the altitude if the Flight Lead does.

In testing I found this mission more difficult to pass than the A-10A or A-10C versions because of the faster speeds. It's harder to maintain station, watch your altitude, watch your heading, adjust to Flight Lead speed changes, all at the same time. :(

The MiG-29G is fun too and I'm just testing the Su-27 and it's the same challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

A user with Military Pilot experience gave us some feedback about our Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign.

He pointed out that our Lazy Eight maneuver in BFT06 - Advanced Handling was actually more of a Cuban Eight or Figure Eight than a true Lazy Eight.

We agreed and have updated the campaign mission file and diagrams to reflect the true Lazy Eight maneuver.

Files have been updated on ED's User Files Section.

Hopefully this makes the Lazy Eight maneuver more accurate and easier for players to successfully complete.

• 2 months later...

New version 1.5 posted!

We have updated the campaign to add a mission objectives page to the briefings section of each mission.

We hope this helps players better understand what is expected to accomplish the missions.

You can download the updated package here.

Possible Game Engine bug reported against BFT10 - Instrument Flight Plan Navigation.

You can read about the details here.

The current workaround is to fly to WP 5 at about 11,800' instead of 12,000' as requested by the FE.

We will post an updated mission with larger trigger values if ED can't fix it.

BFT08 - Exiting MOA

Hey Sabre,

I'll start by saying how great this campaign is, thanks and great job.

I've downloaded and installed v1.5 and I'm having an issue with BFT08. I follow the FE, well within "Q" range. I complete engine re-start and go through the hydraulic failure check list. The FE instructs to turn to heading 210, angels 10 @420... I've flown this mission (4) times, twice I broke left and twice I broke right (as the flight route illustrates). As soon as I start to bank the FE barks TERMINATE!

...I'm about to try a split S, but with hydraulic failure prolly not a good idea! :music_whistling:

HELP!?

Sounds like you hit the terminate call related to course 040. I checked the mission and there are no terminate calls after the turn to 210.

When first turning onto 040 get to speed and ensure you hear the "Good! Maintain this course, speed and altitude." message from the FE.

Don't follow the FE, he is just following you around to make sure you handle the emergencies correctly.

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you continue to have issues and we can investigate further.

Thanks for looking into this Sabre....

When I said follow I meant follow instructions, not physically follow.

I'm definitely within "Q" tolerance range for course, speed and altitude all the way up until I shut down left engine. Even while performing the engine restart, I stay on 040 and maintain a speed of +350 for engine start.

I follow the FE's instruction to a T... Tight turns to new headings, etc.

Thanks again!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you thinking about NTTR training missions to DCS 2.0?

Thanks for campaign, I will try this weekend.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

Yes definitely. Once the map is released and stable then we do plan on porting our mission logic to the new map.

The focus will be on USAF aircraft to start with as that makes the most sense for NTTR (FA-18C for example will be new once it's released) and I expect we will also include the F-86 Sabre and maybe the USAF WWII aircraft as well at some point.

The OpenBeta 1.5 is playing very well presently so I expect 2.0 to be equally as good or even better.

Lots of good stuff on the horizon and very eager to see DCS 2.0 and NTTR released! :thumbup:

In BFT 01 is normal that the message "UZI 1 is RTB at 700" being constantly repeated during taxi on the runway?

This occurs continuously throughout the taxi on the runway.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

Man, this campaign is amazing. Congratulations to you:thumbup:

I will send a email with some ideas.