A different vote thread. Modern fixed wing.

ZHeN

A different vote thread. Modern fixed wing.  

170 members have voted

1. 1. A different vote thread. Modern fixed wing.

so we've argued with ED in russian section about the reasons why they don't release modern fixed wing aircraft for Red Side

and their arguments have been transforming from "that's because they're classified" to "there's no demand for them in the west"

I'd like to do a different type of vote - let's imagine those planes aren't classified and ED (or third parties) ARE ABLE to bring them to DCS-level (ASM+AFM/PFM). what would you pick ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The vote is not fair. I have a bias to the F-16 and will always choose it over others, but I would love Mig-29, SU-27 over many other. Hell and fully modeled SU-25 (original) is more interesting to me than an F-14/F-4/ F-111/ A-6, etc.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

there's no demand for them in the west

two things:

1/ there's a degree of self fulfilling prophesy about that statement.

Tell everyone they can't have an Su-27 variant for security reasons often enough, they'll stop asking for it or voting for it because they've already been told they can't have it.

2/ Even if you were to accept that more people in the states that want an F-16 than an Su-27 derivative (& I accept that there are a lot of unwell people out there :)) if in the same way the L-39 can be swapped between versions in the ME, players could swap between an Su-27S(/SK/SKM/SM ?) and a J-11A(B?), you would presumably drag in Western, Russian and Chinese players which as collective market I imagine would make the module development worthy - and that last market is being actively targeted by E.D.

Also - if E.D. keep just doing 60's / 70's Red and 90's / 00s Blue, eventually the whole '"modern Combat" combat side of things falls down...

Red needs a viable plane as an opponent to the F-18

At minimum a more realistic GCI system, and some MiG-29 variant would even things up a bit.

Any of an 'A', 'G' or 'S' couldn't really put the Russian Govt offside, given that the West had access to the MiG-29G from Germany, and bought 6 MiG-29S from Moldovia for evaluation.

Nothing "secret" about their capabilities now...

Edit:

"... & another thing !...":)

These forums are a self selecting group of fanatics (try running a poll to see how many of them think MP more important than SP ?).

Among those people, the F-16 is a very desirable aircraft because of its multi-role capabilities ($ I suspect for many because they have fond memories of flying it in another SIM).

In the wide world outside of Simming, the Su-27 is a legendary (& probably slightly mythologized / misunderstood ) plane.

I suspect if would sell a lot better than the self-reporting of people on this forum would indicate...

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

some MiG-29 variant would even things up a bit.

Any of an 'A', 'G' or 'S' couldn't really put the Russian Govt offside, given that the West had access to the MiG-29G from Germany, and bought 6 MiG-29S from Moldovia for evaluation.

Nothing "secret" about their capabilities now...

Also in service in Bulgaria, Poland, Slovakia, and formerly in the Chech Republic, Hungary and Romania, all of which are members of NATO, so yea there's definitely little secrecy around the Mig29 now.

Anyway on topic, in the short term I'd prefer a red plane so I voted for the Mig29, but really I'd be happy with anything from that list!

I'd love to see the 29 and the 27 made full modules just so I can have exceptional enemies to encounter.

Beyond that, Id rather ED work on a dynamic campaign, ATC, etc.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

A6 Intruder: Vietnam era, carrier ops in the Gulf of Tonkin. About time someone does that.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

so we've argued with ED in russian section about the reasons why they don't release modern fixed wing aircraft for Red Side

and their arguments have been transforming from "that's because they're classified" to "there's no demand for them in the west"

About those arguments - the first one has merits, while the latter is complete BS.

I'd like to do a different type of vote - let's imagine those planes aren't classified and ED (or third parties) ARE ABLE to bring them to DCS-level (ASM+AFM/PFM). what would you pick ?

If we "imagine those planes aren't classified", then why this inconsistency..

"Su-30(any version)"

"MiG-29A/S"

..in the poll options?. An Su-30K may be doable in the same way as a "MiG-29A/S", while an Su-30SM would be just as improbable as a MiG-29K.

JJ

The f-111 was the first ac i was assigned to out of tech school loved the beast look at what it did for kadofi in the 80s redecorated his palace

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Mig-29 would be the perfect module to give the Red side a full fidelity fighter for the Persian Gulf theatre versus the Hornet and Tomcat.

I think having one is pretty crucial, and as much as I want to see the F-16 in DCS, I'd unselfishly chose a Mig-29 be developed first over it bc I think it's that critical of a piece for DCS and the MP community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Mig-29 would be the perfect module to give the Red side a full fidelity fighter for the Persian Gulf theatre versus the Hornet and Tomcat.

I think having one is pretty crucial, and as much as I want to see the F-16 in DCS, I'd unselfishly chose a Mig-29 be developed first over it bc I think it's that critical of a piece for DCS and the MP community.

Yes, and I really want to be the bad guy for some reason on the red side.:)

I do agree about the F-16, guess ED is waiting for it to really be worth all the work, I'm in if they build it. ED, if you build it they will come, You hope;)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

We're already getting the F-16, so I don't believe it should have been included. Make no mistake, I'm looking forward to it, and it will be a Day Zero purchase. Anyway, while I am fond of western jets (F-16 and F-4 are among my top 5 favourite aircraft), Red NEEDS a capable strike-fighter to counter the F/A-18, F-16 and F-4. The airframe that trumps any interest in western aircraft, in my own humble opinion, is the Su-27 and its extended family.

Because of the new technologies being developed in some of our incoming modules (particularly two-seater AI and AG radar) I elected to vote for an Su-30 - on the proviso the variant they offered is able to use guided weapons (missiles AND bombs), anti-radiation missiles AND is all-weather day/night.

When it's all said and done, BLUFOR will have 3 all-weather/SEAD and supersonic capable strike fighters. The reds have nothing all-weather and their most potent strike platform is the Su-25T. An Su-30 won't tip the scales but it WILL even the odds.

I'd totally love modern Russian aircraft, I voted Su-30. IF any version were actually an option, I'd obviously go for the Su-30MKI and MKK (and sub-variants; MKA/MKM/SM/SM1; MK2/MK3), but I could probably even settle for an Su-30M or Su-30K.

By the way, which variant is the one we have in DCS? I'd go for Su-30MKK, except it only has 10 pylons. As far as I know, the only Su-30s with multi-role and R-77 had 12 pylons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Points well made, Sir.

I too would love to have any of those other Western aircraft listed in this poll and would buy them in an instant.

However, for the greater good of DCS long term/ broader community engagement/ play balance etc., it would be great to have a few Red aircraft if possible.

We're already getting the F-16, so I don't believe it should have been included. Make no mistake, I'm looking forward to it, and it will be a Day Zero purchase. Anyway, while I am fond of western jets (F-16 and F-4 are among my top 5 favourite aircraft), Red NEEDS a capable strike-fighter to counter the F/A-18, F-16 and F-4. The airframe that trumps any interest in western aircraft, in my own humble opinion, is the Su-27 and its extended family.

Because of the new technologies being developed in some of our incoming modules (particularly two-seater AI and AG radar) I elected to vote for an Su-30 - on the proviso the variant they offered is able to use guided weapons (missiles AND bombs), anti-radiation missiles AND is all-weather day/night.

When it's all said and done, BLUFOR will have 3 all-weather/SEAD and supersonic capable strike fighters. The reds have nothing all-weather and their most potent strike platform is the Su-25T. An Su-30 won't tip the scales but it WILL even the odds.

Agreed, Its just a matter of time an F-16 module comes to DCS. So it should had been excluded from this poll. I also agree that there is a greater need for more Russian jets that are as modern as possible. Maybe some of the the export versions of the Mig-29 and SU-27. By the way the F-4 Phantom will already have its arch nemesis from Vietnam the Mig-21.

Agreed, Its just a matter of time an F-16 module comes to DCS. So it should had been excluded from this poll. I also agree that there is a greater need for more Russian jets that are as modern as possible. Maybe some of the the export versions of the Mig-29 and SU-27. By the way the F-4 Phantom will already have its arch nemesis from Vietnam the Mig-21.

Truth be told, the F-4 came up against more MiG-19s than MiG-21s over Vietnam but they were certainly the 'flagship' fighters for both sides.

I don't understand the urge for an F-16 either... You will be getting an aircraft with almost the same systems, the same weapons and slightly different flight performance to the Hornet with no carrier ops.

Besides one being launched on a carrier and the other one from an airfield, the way they are used in combat is pretty much the same, is it not ?

Okay, make a module of it... whatever, just don't make it a priority. It will probably take another 2-3 years to make anyway, unless work has already been done.

Russian aircraft are much needed.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I voted F-16 :megalol: F-15E would be my second choice.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Voted MiG29 for same reasons as others mentioned, especially a semi modern version, would make a good multirole counterweight to the F18s etc.

Also like others I'm not sure why F16 was even included, since it's pretty widely accepted to already be on the way...

@neil (I think)

They ARE available, at least to an extent. I get everybody can't hound the forums and keep up with the latest drama, but yeah, it's because of projected sales figures, not 'classification' or 'availability'. That's why this is suddenly surging into the fore

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2