WarBirds and X-56 Throttle axis

walkn84

Hello,

It's been a while since I should have written here but here it is.

Since the beginning of 2017 I have a X-56 Rhino that works on all simulators, but on DCS I have a problem with all War Birds modules:

The axis of my Throttle are recognized as those of the stick while I have well configure the axes.

I have updated / reinstalled the saitek / logitech drivers and software, I have reset all the configuration in DCS but the problem persists.

The problem is found on the P51, Spitfire and BF109.

I do not have this problem with jet aircraft modules like SU, MIG, F-15, A10-C and M2k.

• 1 month later...

I had the same type of problem. I had set up the controls in the control settings for SIM. But I found that under the game settings for the plane the check box was set to GAME which when launching the plane uses the GAME settings for the controls which I had NOT setup to match the SIM settings in the control setup. I hope that makes sense.

This, having throttle or pedal axis assigned like the joystick is "normal", happens due the automatic axes assignment (a good idea on paper that in practice don't result very well).

So in Controls > Axes > select the column for throttle command, click in "Clear all assignments" and then assign the axes like you want to use, after in "Tuning" can test, add deadzones, curves, etc. Click OK to save and test in flight.

• 1 month later...
This, having throttle or pedal axis assigned like the joystick is "normal", happens due the automatic axes assignment (a good idea on paper that in practice don't result very well).

So in Controls > Axes > select the column for throttle command, click in "Clear all assignments" and then assign the axes like you want to use, after in "Tuning" can test, add deadzones, curves, etc. Click OK to save and test in flight.

I have already done that and it does not change anything.

Hello,

It's been a while since I should have written here but here it is.

Since the beginning of 2017 I have a X-56 Rhino that works on all simulators, but on DCS I have a problem with all War Birds modules:

The axis of my Throttle are recognized as those of the stick while I have well configure the axes.

I have updated / reinstalled the saitek / logitech drivers and software, I have reset all the configuration in DCS but the problem persists.

The problem is found on the P51, Spitfire and BF109.

I do not have this problem with jet aircraft modules like SU, MIG, F-15, A10-C and M2k.

I have already done that and it does not change anything.

Whats the go with the micro text? Needed to zoom in at 1440P.:D Not getting any younger here.

Double check you don't have anything bound to the axis as Sokol1_br has explained, check the settings for each aircraft you have setup as this is normally the case.

Just make sure it's not assigned twice to each control as seen here. You can click in the category and hit clear category.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182467&stc=1&d=1523595828

ClearControls.thumb.jpg.228cafe50ab3aa4828c91c0593beb764.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Ok, I found my problem.

By default, in the options, simplified avionic is activated.

But when loading a party, and during the configuration, by default it is the sim commands that are displayed.

I could configure all the commands I wanted, it was useless.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to you.