After ejection, you'll land on your feet. Now what?

After ejection, my guy will fly in the air, open his parachute and then land safely behind enemy lines. I've noticed that he can walk around. Can I run? Am I supposed to walk back to my base? Can I take out a pistol and start going all Call of Duty/Halo/Grand Theft Tank on my enemies?

I usually just respawn another plane but what do you guys do?

......but what do you guys do?

Find a vehicle, walk up to it and drive home: X to gear up, Z to gear down and arrow keys to accellerate/navigate. Watch the corners, I rolled a Bradley the other day........:music_whistling:

Welcome to the Forums :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Find a vehicle, walk up to it and drive home: X to gear up, Z to gear down and arrow keys to accellerate/navigate. Watch the corners, I rolled a Bradley the other day........:music_whistling:

Welcome to the Forums :)

havent tried yet, but can you jump back in an A-10 at the base ?

(without spawining a new one ?)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

havent tried yet, but can you jump back in an A-10 at the base ?

(without spawining a new one ?)

Probably not I would have thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, it's just there for a bit of fun. If it does ever end up such that you can 'grand theft' anything, you'll probably find the AI going grand-main-gun on you before you're able to do much.

After ejection, my guy will fly in the air, open his parachute and then land safely behind enemy lines. I've noticed that he can walk around. Can I run? Am I supposed to walk back to my base? Can I take out a pistol and start going all Call of Duty/Halo/Grand Theft Tank on my enemies?

I usually just respawn another plane but what do you guys do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The whole purpose is to avoid you clocking up a 'death' in MP or in SP. It will register as an Eject, but not a death. Once landed, simply press escape, and jump into another aircraft slot (in MP case). In SP, restart the mission, the eject will be clocked up in your logbook.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Ive said this before. We get about 20 of us in a server. With 20 vehicle's near each AC. On the count of 3 we all eject. Get to our vehicle's hop in and we all drive through Georgia for the biggest rally it's ever seen. :megalol:

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Ive said this before. We get about 20 of us in a server. With 20 vehicle's near each AC. On the count of 3 we all eject. Get to our vehicle's hop in and we all drive through Georgia for the biggest rally it's ever seen. :megalol:

That would be fun, but it's been tested and doesn't work in MP.... well, it sort of works. Only the host and do it, but nobody sees the vehicle driving around.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hey... there will not be any rally without proper coverage!!!!

Get a couple of Sharks on the air to follow and narrate the race live...

BTW... before ejecting don't forget to point your Hog's nose directly to the enemy... :music_whistling:

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Nope, it's just there for a bit of fun. If it does ever end up such that you can 'grand theft' anything, you'll probably find the AI going grand-main-gun on you before you're able to do much.

I walked right up to some paratroopers after crash landing near them and ejecting. One of the guys used up ALL his ammo shooting my plane that was sitting on the ground. I walked up to him, and turns out, he doesn't even have a real gun. He was just holding his empty hands around an imaginary gun - that somehow shot real bullets. Maybe it was just an invisible gun? Seems silly to use such advanced top secret cloaking technology to make the gun invisible, but not the soldier holding it. Hmm.

At any rate, I started to walk to the other paratrooper on the other side of the bridge, who hadn't shot my plane, and he never fired at me. So, I don't think the enemy AI with their invisible guns see you, outside of your plane, as a threat. Also, when I stepped onto the bridge, I fell through it into the water below. Obviously, the enemy also has hologram technology and it was merely an projected image of a bridge that I tried to walk onto.

• Like 1

It's all about what you can afford ;)

No, they're not a threat to you because they're not exactly 'part of the world' once ejected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

... because you want to get splattered by enemies with machineguns the moment the idea even crosses your mind?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... Take tanks and such... THAT WOULD BE SWEET!

You can.

Fly to the FLOT and eject. Find a Tank and hop in, drive to the FEBA and see how long you can last. You have AI gunners with a very sharp eye - try and keep them alive :gun_rifle:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can.

Fly to the FLOT and eject. Find a Tank and hop in, drive to the FEBA and see how long you can last. You have AI gunners with a very sharp eye - try and keep them alive :gun_rifle:

Tried walking around once, but it was only a shuffle and it would have taken forever to get anywhere.:huh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What ED needs to add is the ability to start a mission on foot, and the ability to get in and out of the aircraft without ejecting. The basic structure is there- a pilot that can walk around, and the ability to get into a vehicle and drive it around. So make it so that we can start the mission on foot, and walk to our aircraft, give it a pre-flight check, and then get in. That would be SA-WEET!

This would take some significant changes to the way missions work, probably an improvement to the pilot controls (a first person pilot view, maybe, with FPS-style movement controls?), compatibility with multiplayer, some other significant engine changes, and certainly some things I haven't thought of, so it would be no small thing to do, but at the same time, some of the basic capabilities seem to be there already, so it's at least part-way done already.

So add a section to the controls. Right now we have Sim and Game controls, add a "First Person" controls. That's where you could adjust things like which keys to move forward, back, side-to-side, mouse sensitivity, etc, and maybe in the future at some point, where you could change which key you want to reload your Colt 1911/Beretta with :) I think Apache pilots carry M4s stowed somewhere in the cockpit, so if we had something like DCS: Apache, we could get some real guns :)

This would especially awesome if we had an F-18, and we could walk to our jets after spending time in the briefing room. I don't care if the corridors and other navy personel inside the carrier look and move like something out of Duke Nukem 3D, it would still be beyond awesome to just be able to walk to your jet and get in and out rather than just spawn in it.

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Tried walking around once, but it was only a shuffle and it would have taken forever to get anywhere.:huh:

LCtrl-Z :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LCtrl-Z :)

OK, next time I find myself sans aircraft, I shall give it a try again. Thanks:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What ED needs to add is the ability to start a mission on foot, and the ability to get in and out of the aircraft without ejecting. The basic structure is there- a pilot that can walk around, and the ability to get into a vehicle and drive it around. So make it so that we can start the mission on foot, and walk to our aircraft, give it a pre-flight check, and then get in. That would be SA-WEET!...

:thumbup: That would be SA-WEET !!! Just like DCS incorporated with ARMA2/3 :joystick:

sign-pic4.jpg

Racing? Ground combat with the crunchies? Bah, I try do what a real airman would do; straighten out his flight suit, slick back his hair and try to find the nearest farmhouse with a symapthetic owner, a surfeit of attractive but lonely daughters and a shortage of American chocolate and haystacks :devil_2: