Help with campaigns

sledgeweb

I'm making the transition from training missions to campaign, but, I'm having a lot of trouble. I'm attaching a track of my last attempt. I'm having two big problems right now...

1) I'm on a mission that doesn't have a targetting pod loaded by default. I want to try to run the mission without it, but...

1b) I really have trouble targetting with just the MAV screen alone. You have to be so close to use it, and then it moves around so sporadically when you start trying to slew it. I really have a hard time finding targets on it, and, as happened in this case, I actually targetted a friendly first (I think?) based on JTAC's response to my "contact" call. I tried slewing around for bad guys, but didn't find anything.

2) And then, without much warning, I was shot down (at 15k feet).

I know that isn't too specific, but I'm just wondering if someone can watch my track and provide feedback on what I'm doing right/wrong. Thinking back, I may have left my taxi lights on (first time flying a night mission, and actually the first time I turned them on).

Thanks!

SW-DevilCross2.trk

1b) I really have trouble targetting with just the MAV screen alone. You have to be so close to use it, and then it moves around so sporadically when you start trying to slew it.

I'm unfortunately unable to check your track at the moment, but when it comes to the Mav view I would suggest using TMS down - it will ground stabilize.

Also, to get a TGP, click mission planner before loading the mission and you can select your flight and change to a different loadout.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Also, to get a TGP, click mission planner before loading the mission and you can select your flight and change to a different loadout.

This is your answer. On devils cross you will just get 4 mavs unless you change your loadout.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Yeah, well thats what I thought. However it was after about the 4th mission when I was meant to be hitting time sensitive targets with air defence firing every direction all around me and nothing but mavs and Mk1 eyeball for SA that I felt that:

a) I felt the load out was not realistic for the scenario

b) Searching through a mav seeker head every mission stopped being fun

c)That I would still be challenged if I chose my own load out

d)Its what everyone else was doing

I still try and use the mission makers load out where ever possible but in devils cross four mavs stopped being fun for me.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

You can also change your loadout whilst doing your Ramp Start - by contacting Ground Crew. You have to wait for the EGI alignment anyway, so I tend to change my loadout once I have permission to start engines. That way, by the time I come to "Load All" on the MFCD's it will load my new DSMS page correctly. I also increase my fuel to 75% so I have more "playtime", as well as setting weapons profiles, all containable within the EGI alignment time.

You can also change your loadout whilst doing your Ramp Start - by contacting Ground Crew. You have to wait for the EGI alignment anyway, so I tend to change my loadout once I have permission to start engines. That way, by the time I come to "Load All" on the MFCD's it will load my new DSMS page correctly. I also increase my fuel to 75% so I have more "playtime", as well as setting weapons profiles, all containable within the EGI alignment time.

I do the same thing...

Cool, I will try that. And, I was thinking the ground crew wold be the route I would go.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know in real life how this works? Who determines the load of the A10? Does the pilot have that authority? Can he determine whatever he wants loaded on the plane? Or can he only make request that have to be approved? Or is it something predetermined by a higher up?

And, why would you not want the TGP loaded? Unless you were carrying so much other stuff there wasn't room for it? But, if you are only carrying four MAVs anyway, is there a reason, IRL, a pilot wouldn't want the TGP on board? Seems like such a useful tool, that it would be sort of silly to not use it without good reason.