Can't wait for this one!!!

I know lots of people get all excited about these wimpy subsonic trainers (all 3 of 'em, with a fourth coming?!), and I'll admit I love the WW2 aircraft, but DCS World is a simulator and the advantage of a PC flight sim is the chance to try out things you can't do in real life at any cost.

With the P-51D, FW-190D-9 and Bf-109K-4 available, the only thing missing is a nicely done later-model Spitfire. That's apparently being worked on, and I'll be among the first to happily grab a copy once it's available. Four WW2 fighters is plenty, considering how well-done they are.

But enough of the anemic and/or dreadful old planes!

The Typhoon will rock if it ever becomes available, as long as it features a highly detailed flight model, I'd be completely satisfied with FC3-level systems modelling. The idea is to FLY the sim, not so much play with buttons and switches. Full DCS-level systems are great, but it's the flight model that makes DCS World the premier choice for me.

The F-14 is a cultural icon and I'll probably get it when it's done, but it's obsolete now--and I'd LOVE the chance to fly a Typhoon with accurate flight modelling in DCS World. An F-22, and Rafale, as well as other top-performing and truly modern fighters would be just awesome!

Bring on the Typhoon!

Anyone else agree with me here?

Peace and happy warfare

Ian

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Oh I'd like to see someone do a DCS : Yak-130, or M-346. Even a MB-339. And a Super Tucano too!

And now that visibilty thing is getting handled, more WW II birds, hopefuly early / mid war too.

I am skeptical towards near top-modern modules, never mind 4.5 or 5th gen ones. I'll get 2-3 4th Gen modules, but for example I'm not entirely sure if Typhoon is my cup of tea for example. I'll get F-18, and I'll probably get Mirage 2000C only if / when it has a good flight model. F-14, probably on a sale. Eventually I'll also probably get the Eurofighter, but mostly to see the fightmodel, which I'm sure I'll enjoy, but it just isn't high in MY list.

FC3 ? Meh... F-22 ? LOL... Rafale would be very cool but Dassault or French military aren't known for being cooperative with such sim efforts even for older models.

What I really want most is more 3rd gen jets. Mirages, MiGs, F-4, Su-17, Viggen, A-7, A-6 etc.

So long in short while yes there will be a lot of people that will agree you here, but asking that question, I hope you won't be surprised to find out there is a lot that doesn't agree as well :).

I for one, am looking for more "anemic dreadful and/or old planes". More power to you with top-tech modules.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I do agree , brother, I do agree. Typhoon would , will be, a hoot, and a must have. Buuutt. Any consumer level sim on current 4+ gen aircraft is gonna be a serious compromise on systems modeling. Even performance would have to be fudged, to stay legal and kosher. But if DCS: Typhoon achieves level of systems, weapons, and aircraft realism of DCS: A-10C, I would be happy.

In the meantime, I was thinking that if developers want to develop a modern tactical fast jet, that is still in service (or just retired), that does AG and AA, without many classified systems, they might want to take a look at AMX-1/11. Its a simple systemed but sophisticated jet. Single engine, small, low RCS, does AG and AA.

The other fast mover would SEPECAT Jaguar. Very nice jet with really complex navigation and weapons delivery computer.

A-4R Fighting Hawk. Total rebuilt and modernization of Argentine A-4's. Has avionics and control elements from F-16C Block 40/42. Two MFD's, ability to carry AIM-9M and Rafael Python missiles. Possibly has been modified to carry Russian stores.

Judging by the quality in the cockpit model of the Hawk I wouldn't put all my hopes in an attractive Typhoon coming from VEAO. It's hard to say but the quality of the HAWK lets a lot to be desired.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Judging by the quality in the cockpit model of the Hawk I wouldn't put all my hopes in an attractive Typhoon coming from VEAO. It's hard to say but the quality of the HAWK lets a lot to be desired.

I'm not worried about the cockpit so much because they never really look just like they do in real life. If you want a *great* cockpit, probably the best, check out the MiG-21bis, it's just incredible! It's the least 'cartoony' and gives a great impression of really being there. That being said, all of the modules are very nicely done, just A-1 stuff all 'round.

My priorities are:

1) Absolute realism in flight modelling, including both handling qualities and overall performance,

2) Realistic weapons behaviour including missiles and guns,

3) Decent systems modelling, because we'll be using the radar and/or targeting pods a lot, but this kind of stuff is classified

4) (Distant last) Nice looking cockpit and external models (the Hawk external model is gorgeous, and it's not even a particularly nice looking aircraft!)

YMMV, but the real feeling of flight comes from extremely detailed flight modelling, and I'd love to see more of it in truly modern aircraft. Even the Typhoon and F-22 have been in the air for nearly thirty years.

Peace and happy warfare

Ian

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

f-22 has been out for thirty years? damn...

tornado is a better bet, along with a viggen

a Ka-27 sub hunter would be an interesting experience, with a ka29TB variant for more traditional experience

I remember playing f-22 lightning 2 by nova-logic as a kid.

damn lock tone nostalgia from falcon 4.0 and f/a-18 super hornet...

and some one needs to make a whole film based on the intro to super hornet!

but i digress, back on topic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"

If those planes are too New i still would like to See an f16 :)

Yes! Perfect! There's the Su-27 and MiG-29, there's the F-15C and... What? Nothing Else?

I'd absolutely LOVE to see an FC3-level F-16 with PFM. That would be the perfect addition to FC3 after ED introduces the much-needed PFM to the MiG-29. Four modern fighters with PFMs and FC3-level systems would be a great way to finish up the FC3 series for good--after that, if ED wants to do individual modules for those planes with study-level systems modelling, that would be fine, but for me it's all about the *flight* simulation, not so much the buttons and switches (although the full DCS modules are very nicely done).

Kit:

What do you find unattractive about the Hawk?

Have you ever been in one and how does it compare? Its a basic cockpit for a jet trainer and the real thing isnt glam, or is it more the rendering and graphics?

Sure the Hawk LIFT and others have a glass cockpit but not this version.

It doesnt seem any less in quality to other a/c from what I can tell.

Edited by Mr_Burns

Some years ago I was a week near Allentsteig with my school. Every day they flew over that little village with their Typhoons, and yep, it's really loud when they are flying low. And at night they fired mortars and artillery, felt like we were in a war zone. :D

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

My workplace is a few kms south of Getafe Air Force Base, that facility is shared between the Spanish Ejército del Aire and EADS-Airbus group. They assemble the Spanish Typhoons there, then take them out for testing. I see them quite often flying in circles, going slow, but you can't miss them, they are very loud!

Every time I see one I think about this module, just can't wait!

I'd love to see the Eurofighter in DCS! It's a gorgeous looking plane with good multirole capabilities, although it excels more in the fighter/interceptor department. So yes please!!! :thumbup:

On a side note, the Russians have some limited A2G capabilities with the Mig-29/SU-27/SU-33 whereas the West has nothing alike. Not that it really matters much, but in MP, I do like taking a few bombs with me just to say hello :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Tornado but just because I'm more of a A/G type

It would be cool to see any UK aircraft in DCS tbh, euro fighter is great on paper but we can't use it to it's full ability yet as well as other special sensors onboard so I don't reckon we wil see it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"

Tornado but just because I'm more of a A/G type

It would be cool to see any UK aircraft in DCS tbh, euro fighter is great on paper but we can't use it to it's full ability yet as well as other special sensors onboard so I don't reckon we wil see it.

Are you talking about classification?

The fact that VEAO is also developing a version for the military makes me quite confident, that the public DCS version will be handled quite well within the given restrictions.

From the FAQ:

[...]

Q: How realistic will the VEAO Typhoon be in comparison to the real aircraft?

A: The VEAO team intends to create an authentic representation of the real aircraft within the given constraints.

Q: The Eurofighter Typhoon is a relative recent, advanced combat aircraft, aren’t most of its features/capabilities classified?

A: Not everything about this aircraft is classified, but of course there are several classified aspects. That’s actually true for all military aircraft in active service and even for many former types that aren’t operational anymore.

Q: Given the above, how is VEAO going to create an authentic replication of the real aircraft?

A: VEAO has contacts within the UK military and is in the process of developing a military version of the Typhoon module. The team subsequently has the access to the information and data needed to create an authentic model of the aircraft. The public version that will be released as a certified 3rd party add-on module for DCS World will be based on this military version. However, it will be a deducted/-de-classified version of it.

Q: What does deducted/de-classified mean and what implications does it have on the public version of the Typhoon module for DCS World?

A: Deduction means that certain classified features won’t be implemented on the public version. It also means that some features might be simulated in a simplified fashion or that they are approximated. Certain data might be tweaked.

Q: What does the above mean to the end user?

A: It will probably mean nothing to the end user. Unless you are a professional involved with the real Eurofighter program from the military or industry side you won’t notice what is missing or not 1:1 implemented in comparison to the real aircraft.

Q: Can VEAO confirm which features will be missing and which are authentic, simplified or approximated?

A: No, VEAO can’t confirm any of the above as it has a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Q: What does NDA mean, why is it necessary and what advantages/disadvantages are entailed to it?

A: The NDA enables VEAO to develop both, the military and public versions of the Typhoon. It is as such a pre-condition and without the NDA it wouldn’t be possible.

In addition to the above the advantage is that a more realistic replication of the real aircraft is possible, even if you don’t know what is authentic and what might not be authentic.

Q: Based on what is said above, how can we be sure we aren’t fooled with a fantasy version of the aircraft?

A: You can’t, but you can judge the module on its merits, match it against what’s publicly known and maybe someone with actual insight may leave a hint about how authentic it is or not. The same can be said for any military aircraft that is being modeled for a public flight simulator like DCS World, that’s the compromise all sides have to respect.

[...]

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg