Elevators Bouncing Around Erratically When Using Extreme Pitch Up/Down on Joystick

When I use my Joystick (Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS) for extreme pitch up/down; the elevator on tail of plane bounces around erratically making aircraft unstable. Only occurs when joystick is pushed forward or pulled back to an extreme position; where joystick is say in its last 20% of its travel range full back or full forward.

This problem occurs with both F14 and F18 which are the modules I use.

If I ease the joystick back to a more moderate position away from the more extreme positions the problem goes away. Seems worse particularly with pitch up more so than with pitch down.

I know the problem is not with my Joystick (Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS) as I have two of these.

One is brand new and the other one is about 12 months old. The problem occurs on both joysticks. If I go to the Thrustmaster Control Panel (image attached) and test the pitch up down axis; the centre cross within the Axes is absolutely stable and does not behave erratically at all with joystick in any position.

I do not have any conflicts within controls settings for pitch axis.

Please refer to thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3980548#post3980548

I do not think this is normal behaviour unless there is something I just do not understand. Or maybe it is just a bug that DCS need to sort out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...thx...Gary

p.s. Have noticed after further gameplay that pitch trim function does not appear to be working either. Though this is only a problem with F18

**running w7/64 and using a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB, 16GB RAM Kingston Hyper X Genesis-DDR3L-1600 on Asus Z87C MOBO, CPU is i7 4770, no overclocking, OS on an Intel SSD and DCS on dedicated Samsung 850Pro.

Edited by gary palmer
attach image

Not a T16000M problem. I'm using the same joystick without any problems (no thrustmaster software installed)

concerning pitch trim, are you observing this problem with the flaps in auto or half/full? In auto trim is presently extremely slow, moving the stabs at 0.1°/sec.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

yes smooth there too...no conflicts for bindings/inputs

So nothing to do with the actual input data then...

Are you sure it isn't just something aerodynamic?

What speed are you testing this at?

Maybe the plane is forced into a high AoA and low speed when you use the end region of the stick and the plane is not happy.

Does it happen when the plane is on the ground?

Also you could try it on another module to see if it's the same, eg the free TF-51D or Su-25T

No need to set up all the controls, just the stick/throttle and do an air-start instant action

So nothing to do with the actual input data then...

Are you sure it isn't just something aerodynamic?

What speed are you testing this at?

Maybe the plane is forced into a high AoA and low speed when you use the end region of the stick and the plane is not happy.

Does it happen when the plane is on the ground?

Also you could try it on another module to see if it's the same, eg the free TF-51D or Su-25T

No need to set up all the controls, just the stick/throttle and do an air-start instant action

Thanks Py for your info. Yes I am starting to think this is something aerodynamic. And the plane does not like the high AOA + low speed created by an aggressive and maximum pull back of joystick. I can also get this problem with the F-14 not just the F-18. Problem never happens on the ground ... only when severe loop is done with full pull back of joystick. Easing off on the joystick pull always stops the problem...Gary