[NO BUG] bru-41a now regarding mk82 hidden configuration.

Cassiop

i know that this setup shouldn't be available but it still pretty fun to play and i gave it a shot with the bru-41a that you succesfully patched for 6 bdu-33.

So the same kind of bug is still there for the 6 MK82 configuration. That make me think that maybe the issue is still hidden somewhere and might kraken its way out once again :)

reproductability (same as before, the change appear after dropping the first set of bombs)

1 : Set up a hornet with BRU-41a and 6 MK82. (Example with One Rack)

In the store page, select "82B" to select the MK82

Set Qte to anything more than 2*number of rack you have (Example : 6)

Set Mult to anything less or equal to than 2*number of rack you have (Example : 1)

Set Int to anything allowed (Example 100)

Mode (CCIP/Auto) : dont Matter

MFuze : dont matter

EFuze : dont matter

Press and keep pressed the weapon release button while bomb are failing.

Bug : Only 2 MK82 per rack will be release

Then : "82B" is unselected, the "Step" Button is still present while UFC and Load disapeared.

this is here that things change.

unlike the previous bug, you are not able to select "82B" anymore, nor you can drop the remaning 4 bombs per rack. when you click on "82B", "Step" appears but clicking on it dont do anything.

2 : i can do a video if needed

3 :

4 : doesn't matter

5 :

6 : i bet i am the first one on this :)

7 :

8 : modified F18's LUA file to allow bru41a with 6 mk82 (uncommented lines for outer/inner/central pylons)

Once again, thank you for your work, it is really appreciated and thank you Bignewy to get back to me :)

1 - We need all the information you can give us, even if you think the information isn't important.

2- We need tracks, log files, system specs. If you can't get a track, images or video detailing the issue.

3- Track files and videos should be short and to the point to display the reported issue.

4- We need to know what map, what mission, single player, multiplayer, all the information you can give us, please.

5- Only include one item report.

6- Before submitting a report, please first do a search of key terms to make sure it has not already been reported.

7- Reports should NOT include user-created mods.

8- Once a report has been marked as [REPORTED], [FIXED], [FIXED INTERNALLY] etc., no further posts are required.

• ED Team

Thank you Cassiop,

Sorry this is not a bug as it is a edited loadout.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

well, that's pretty sad... also, allow me to think that, even if this loadout is not meant to be available, this is still a bug that should be addressed. Something, Somewhere, behave wrongly and usually, developpers dont love that much when something that should work without having to though about it, actually dont. ^^

thanks for the reply anyway :)

Edited by Cassiop

• 4 weeks later...

No youre not the only one. ive been using the 6x Mk 82 just fine ever sense i saw wags old video last year. (so july/august 2018 )

This IS a bug, the loadout USE TO WORK FINE. Their was NO reason NOT to have it in the game.

All the "Mod" is, is just a default loadout that was commented out by 2 little -- in the hornets weapons lua folder.

Nothing else was changed other than removing the 2 little ( -- ) so it shows up in your bomb selecting screen ingame.

It use to work fine for the longest time!!, but ever sense they broke the BRU41 Racks they stopped working.

I noticed the BRU41A with the BDU33 smoke bombs just got fixed and is working fine again, but why didnt the Mk82 one get fixed?

Infact WHY don't we have the BRU-41A 6xMk81 AND BRU-41A 6xMk82 in the game already!??

Why do we even have to edit a file to get what SHOULD already be in there by default?

People have been Asking/Begging for this to be a loadout forever, and the lack of response is pretty Enraging.

Especially when something that USE TO work got broken for seemingly no other reason, other than to not allow people to have fun anymore.

Edited by ArtilleryWhore

• ED Team

Hi

The loadout wasn't valid for our version of the hornet and was removed.

I will move this thread to Wish list, and bring it to the attention of the team, but I can not promise anything.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you.

At-least that's something.

I'm not sure why "The loadout wasn't valid for our version of the hornet". Cuz it looks like its fully capable of carrying them.

Maybe they don't (normally) take the 6x Mk 82 because its heavy and we aren't at war, so they don't want to stress the air-frame needlessly. But i guarantee you that they would be on hornets if the US got into a mid sized war and had to bomb something other than sand huts.

But that weight thing is just a theory.

And just because you don't normally do something, doesn't mean it cant/wouldn't be done if the need arises.

I happen to know from a crew chief buddy that most US carriers have dozens of BRU-41As in their inventory's on the boat & ready to be used on demand.

Even the BRU-41A manufacturers website says Their Pods are compatible with the FA18 A-B-C And D legacy hornets.

Source:

http://marvineng.com/product/bru-41a-improved-multiple-ejector-rack-imer/

Hopefully we can get it in..

DCS is suppose to be a "combat" sim after all.

I cant imagine the amount of stuff blown up in DCS on a weekly basis, but it has got to be crazy because its just ONE BIG Constant war.

So it really should be in there..

As for the 6x Mk 81 well the weight argument/theory doesn't really work there because those bombs are half the weight of the 82s.

Sure the 250lbs bombs wouldn't be the best for killing tanks, but you can still use them to knock out trucks, artillery, APCs, infantry, buildings, fuel tanks, the list goes on.

Thanks again for moving this to the suggestion page.

I know several other friends who aren't very vocal on the forums, but would be ecstatic to see these in the loadout page or even just to have them working in the game again and commented out so they can be used as a hidden option.

Some have even confessed they bought the hornet just to use these pylons and be-able to bring more bombs to an area.

Edited by ArtilleryWhore

The hornet isn't certified to carry mk80 series bombs on the bru41. I'm sure they are capable of carrying it, we are just not allowed to load it.

And yes it is true that each squardons bring around 6 bru41s when they go on deployment that are only used for practice bombs (mk76, lgtr) and maybe a marine flare.

you will never see this config on a hornet being used in realword

A: you all HATE fun.. Put the 6x500 in anyway.

and B:

We are using an older hornet from the VERY LATE 90s.

When was the Mk81 discontinued?? Because During the Iraq/Afghan war in 2003-present they put the 250 lbs bombs BACK into service and even re-started & finished an old scrapped program (AKA GBU-29) to give them guidance kits.

We now have INS+Satellite(GBU-39A&B) and Laser(GBU-39B/B) guided 250lbs Mk81s in service.

We have BEEN using them for a long time now, and they have been in service sense 2005 only 7 years after the hornet we are flying in game was made. The only problem is the hornet doesn't use this bomb... yet..

But it should still beable to use the normal Mk81 Iron bombs.

The hornet CAN use the GBU-58 (laser) and GBU-59 (Laser/INS/GPS) 250 lbs bombs.

Idk if its the C model though.. i also ran into something that says the Navy is getting rid of its C model hornets this year. But thats IRL & not DCS.

What aircraft can & cant use in DCS is very inconsistent.

We put weapons on aircraft in the game that OTHER nations used & even give them nation specific default paint jobs (but the parent nation of the aircraft didn't use said loadout). We then allow those nation specific aircraft loadouts to be used in DCS with other nations...

And then NOT FIVE MINUTES later we turn around and DO THE TOTAL OPPOSITE FOR THE SAME REASON 5 MIN AGO & DON'T allow other weapons for aircraft because "The parent nation didn't Use them"...

Make up your mind ED!

Either AIRCRAFT CAN USE EVERYTHING THEY CAN IN THE REAL WORLD REGARDLESS OF WHICH NATION USES THEM.

OR

NO ONE GETS ANYTHING FUN, and aircraft can ONLY use what the parent nation uses..

Lets get some freaking consistency plz.

Edited by ArtilleryWhore

and B:

When was the Mk81 discontinued?? Because During the Iraq/Afghan war in 2003-present they put the 250 lbs bombs BACK into service and even re-started & finished an old scrapped program (AKA GBU-29) to give them guidance kits.

We now have INS+Satellite(GBU-39A&B) and Laser(GBU-39B/B) guided 250lbs Mk81s in service.

We have BEEN using them for a long time now, and they have been in service sense 2005 only 7 years after the hornet we are flying in game was made. The only problem is the hornet doesn't use this bomb... yet..

Idk if its the C model though.. i also ran into something that says the Navy is getting rid of its C model hornets this year. But thats IRL & not DCS.

We put weapons on aircraft in the game that OTHER nations used & even give them nation specific default paint jobs (but the parent nation of the aircraft didn't use said loadout). We then allow those nation specific aircraft loadouts to be used in DCS with other nations...

And then NOT FIVE MINUTES later we turn around and DO THE TOTAL OPPOSITE FOR THE SAME REASON 5 MIN AGO & DON'T allow other weapons for aircraft because "The parent nation didn't Use them"...

Make up your mind ED!

Either AIRCRAFT CAN USE EVERYTHING THEY CAN IN THE REAL WORLD REGARDLESS OF WHICH NATION USES THEM.

OR

NO ONE GETS ANYTHING FUN, and aircraft can ONLY use what the parent nation uses..

Chill out dude.

Also what are you on about with the last bit? :huh:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I'm glad this thread move up some passion because i'm also Fun > hardcore realism. I'm totally fine with DCS being a hardcore simulatiok and that's even why i'm still playing it. Complexity is a beautiful thing. But that's still a game and people should have fun with games. Carrying 6 mk 82 on a pylon is cool and the f18 is capable of that. That's not like if we wanted to put a B52's 12 mk82 bomb dispenser tho... (I tried on a A10, the game just crashed xD)

Still. Something worked, dont work anymore and letting it unpatched while being aware of it is... Arguable from professionnals. I know you all are busy but still... I'm glad it moved to wish list though ! Its a wish indeed :)

• 2 months later...

If a legacy USN /USMC Hornet from around 2005, which is what we have ingame, didn't carry these, then it's 100% correct they are not in game. /thread

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

and B:

Make up your mind ED!

OR

Remember ED has building a F/A-18C Lot 20 version from 2005 no a Lot 1.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197186

Q: What version of the Hornet is included?

A: United States Navy / US Marine Corps F/A-18C in the 2005 time frame.

Edited by Silver_Dragon