It's here! Received my Xtal.

stefew1966

Hey everybody,

I received my Xtal today.

I will shoot the unboxing video and first impressions video tonight and will post them on Youtube ASAP.

I will post the links on the forum.

Stay tuned.

Stef

I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog, TM TPR pedals, TrackIR, projector, Odyssey, Xtal, custom flight chair, Proflight Trainer Puma.

Nice. Will be nicer to see and know your impressions. Looking forward to it

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I'm living vicariously through Stefew1966 since the shipping notification. Nearly pulled the trigger a few months ago but made a baby instead. Looking forward to trying this in 2037 when she leaves for college.

Very interested to see the video. Make sure you enjoy some flying first though! Findings from others is that the lens quality means it outperforms all others while not needing huge supersampling. Having switched to the Rift S I don't really want to go back to outside in tracking, and I bet the new AR module for XTAL is pricey.

I'm living vicariously through Stefew1966 since the shipping notification. Nearly pulled the trigger a few months ago but made a baby instead. Looking forward to trying this in 2037 when she leaves for college.

Very interested to see the video. Make sure you enjoy some flying first though! Findings from others is that the lens quality means it outperforms all others while not needing huge supersampling. Having switched to the Rift S I don't really want to go back to outside in tracking, and I bet the new AR module for XTAL is pricey.

Well, the Reverb is quite clear as well without super-sampling and it performs fine with its 2160 displays. I'm really curious to see how clear the Xtal is to that relatively speaking since IIRC it is lower resolution than the reverb and has a wider FOV.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey everybody,

I received my Xtal today.

I will shoot the unboxing video and first impressions video tonight and will post them on Youtube ASAP.

I will post the links on the forum.

Stay tuned.

Stef

Hey, how was that night for you? :vertag: :D

Best regards

Great first night using the Xtal

Hey, how was that night for you? :vertag: :D

Hey Madfish,

The first night with the Xtal was fantastic! Check out my first impressions post. I put in a few details of what I did and what I think of the Xtal.

Stef

I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog, TM TPR pedals, TrackIR, projector, Odyssey, Xtal, custom flight chair, Proflight Trainer Puma.