My Xtal has finally shipped!

stefew1966

Hey everybody,

My Xtal finally shipped yesterday. I will get it sometime next week.

I will be posting an unboxing video and then a first impressions video. After, I will put the Xtal through it's paces with DCS. I'll try to post as much info as possible as I know some of you are curious about it.

Stay tuned

Stef

I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog, TM TPR pedals, TrackIR, projector, Odyssey, Xtal, custom flight chair, Proflight Trainer Puma.

In the nicest possible way I really hope it isn't the next must have for DCS ;)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I don't know. Everything I know about XTAL shows it's not ideal for simulation gaming. Requires a ton of horsepower to run it as well. I guess we'll find out :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Check this out

I don't know. Everything I know about XTAL shows it's not ideal for simulation gaming. Requires a ton of horsepower to run it as well. I guess we'll find out :)

I think you need to watch this.

I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog, TM TPR pedals, TrackIR, projector, Odyssey, Xtal, custom flight chair, Proflight Trainer Puma.

I can't say anything else than that I am jealous that people are willing to invest half of ten grand for the system with that, and yet they really well can fly well.

Currently 4900 € + taxes

+ PC to run it all (1400-1500€ for the GPU alone)

+ Extras for controllers etc.

BUT, ain't that amazing? How we can today have a such VR that you get 170 degree horizontal FOV? Really! AMAZING!

And with that VR system, one can be happy for next 3-5 years, easily.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hey everybody,

My Xtal finally shipped yesterday. I will get it sometime next week.

I will be posting an unboxing video and then a first impressions video. After, I will put the Xtal through it's paces with DCS. I'll try to post as much info as possible as I know some of you are curious about it.

Stay tuned

Stef

Thank you very much

Thanks

I can't say anything else than that I am jealous that people are willing to invest half of ten grand for the system with that, and yet they really well can fly well.

Currently 4900 € + taxes

+ PC to run it all (1400-1500€ for the GPU alone)

+ Extras for controllers etc.

BUT, ain't that amazing? How we can today have a such VR that you get 170 degree horizontal FOV? Really! AMAZING!

And with that VR system, one can be happy for next 3-5 years, easily.

Ah! How refreshing. Someone who gets why I'm doing it. :beer:

I will be curious to see how it does, but no chance in heck I would spend that kind of money on a VR headset for myself.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Very nice! I've though about it but like Dburne, I doubt I'll drop that much cash on top of the at least $5K I've already spent on DCS lol. Still, looking forward to the unboxing. Congrats!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Yea, you are right. VR is a scam. Make you think you are inside and in fact, you are not. One of the biggest scam I was tricked.

:thumbup:

:lol: I did not mean in that sense, I meant that VR is a scam economically, who sells will gain years before giving us a decent vr and when we have it then the games will become heavier and we will be at the same point

:lol: I did not mean in that sense, I meant that VR is a scam economically, who sells will gain years before giving us a decent vr and when we have it then the games will become heavier and we will be at the same point

Statements like this are always made by people who have never tried VR. The HP Reverb gives us incredible visual clarity, and the performance on the same GPU and CPU has actually increased because we no longer have to use super-sampling or increased PD factors in DCS.

The only "scam" here is just like Wormeaten said. It fools you into believing you're actually sitting in a cockpit, when you're not.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

You haven't a clear picture like a normal monitor (chromatic aberration, distortion, screendoor) and we wouldn't have it for a very long time maybe 5 years (remember that the name of the thread is Xtal=5000buks and still blurry than a monitor:lol:) and to have it they will continue to raise the resolution and you will have to buy new gpu to get the same performance as now

So yes we must use it, vr is the future of flightsims but for now i call this scam

You haven't a clear picture like a normal monitor (chromatic aberration, distortion, screendoor) and we wouldn't have it for a very long time maybe 5 years (remember that the name of the thread is Xtal=5000buks and still blurry than a monitor:lol:) and to have it they will continue to raise the resolution and you will have to buy new gpu to get the same performance as now

So yes we must use it, vr is the future of flightsims but for now i call this scam

It is bleeding edge stuff, you either jump on board or wait for it to be mainstream. Not much difference to when accelerated graphics cards came out for monitors.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Harsh word.

Without those of us being "scammed" by VR, there would be no future of VR for flight sims or anything else for that matter.

You can thank us later.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Again...spoken like someone who hasn't even tried VR. Just flew another VR mission in the A-10C with my Reverb, and it was an amazing experience as always. So much better than anything you could ever get on a pancake. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Harsh word.

Without those of us being "scammed" by VR, there would be no future of VR for flight sims or anything else for that matter.

You can thank us later.

Amen to that :thumbup:

This must be a new definition of 'scam'

It always seems to be the guys who fly in VR that seem cheerful and happy...just saying

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Harsh word.

You can thank us later.

You enjoy the vr, but the markets see you as chickens to be plucked, better instead make the market understand that we don't want to hang between 500-1000 bucks every year for 5 years waiting for screens and technologies present today. The only way is the critique and the signature to use the best technologies, even if we buy it the anyway.

Then for some comments ... no one here argues that vr is the future and that it is beautiful, I only make considerations based on money and the way things started and going too slowly. At this point it is better to buy xtal.