[Q] Adjusted HUD visibility over cockpit geometry

Eldur

From the patch notes, Oct 11. What was the actual change? I expected some improvement in legibility, but I can't see any difference to the initial release at all. It's still an utter mess in the Rift. I really like the Viper, but its HUD is less useful than the Tomcat's in my VR experience.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yep I have zero issue reading the HUD in the CV-1 and Rift-S. What VR headset are you using?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I had some issues when Viper first released, honestly everything in the cockpit was pure garbage. However, I wiped out the shaders folder, and also updated my gpu drivers. It is much much better, and definitely not like the very blurry stuff I first saw and was disappointed with at first launch.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250902&highlight=vr&page=12

The Viper is very hard to use without zoom in the CV1.

attachment.php?attachmentid=218863&stc=1&d=1570543185

Edit: Tried with higher PD than 1.0 and it seems to get better, but it's not worth having single digit fps then twi-notbad.png

I even have problems reading the stuff on YouTube taken from a screen with wide FOV (Hellreign82 for example) where I don't have any issues at all when they fly any other module.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Ah I run 1.7PD, big difference from 1.0.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Eldur PD of 1.0 in the CV1 will be useless, this is your problem.

Suggestions - you may have already tried these but worth a shot.

Set DCS PD to 1.0 and change the PD using the Oculus Debug Tool before launching DCS, this gives me a good boost in performance compared to running high PD using the DCS setting.

Secondly go left alt+enter once in DCS to make the VR preview fullscreen on your main monitor, this should eek out a few more frames.

Also clearing your FXO and Metashaders2 folder from saved games is always worth a try as well. I do it every update.

Hope some of those might help.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thanks, I'll try doing the PD setting (probably 1.5 which was good enough already) via the ODT. I run it anyway to set ASW off as per ED's recommendation for the VR performance inquiry (which I still have to do) and that real fullscreen mode (didn't do anything without VR, but this now might be different). I also clear those folders when updating, so I've done that already.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg