Mi-8 "Goodies Pack"

• 6 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, Grajo said:

Hi YSIAD_RIP,

First, IMO you have bought the best ED module to the date, so congrats :].

About your question, I do thank 104th_Fallen and T. Nark of UnOfficial RoughMet patch because thanks to them I realized that I could use PBR in the Mi-8, but I am not including any of their files or any modification of them in my patch and my PBR and theirs does not look similar at all, at least they were not similar by the time I released mine. 

Best way to check is to take a look if camo paint scratches and reflections match, orbiting around the model with some side sun lighting. Also, weapons should look more metallic, tires should have a more natural look and rotor blades should look more metallic. (Maybe, you did not install this stuff right?)

In any case, my patch needs some updates, and the skins also... But it has been around 8 months that the project is on hold.

I am not working on it right now, but there are several issues to fix, the mayor one is that the interior/cargo area (AO map) was black and looking awful, did not notice this until it was too late. Also I am trying to smooth most of the texture UV island seams so the textures looks better, along with some dust weathering reduction that it is a bit overdone.

By the way, since some ED DCS updates, the Mi-8 does not read the AO map from the PBR texture, but I fixed already thanks to EightBall :], who found the way around.

I am cleaning my PSD files also too, hopefully, share them as a template whenever I finish my work on the new PBR patch and Mi-8 Afghan Liveries. However, this seems to be quite long term thing. I am going to start working again soon in a new job and I won't have time to do much 😞. Work sucks, right?

Afghan-Skin-Wip.jpg

*Here is how the updates looks until now, in my poor laptop... Hopefully, new computer "arrives" this upcoming year and gives me some boost to finish all this stuff :].

Take care

hello grajo,

thank you very much for your amazing work, these are pieces of art! what a nice addition. . . one questeion please: do you have ever finished this beautiful skin? i want it so bad. . . but i cant find it included in your download packs.