Normandy Early Access Discussion

SkateZilla

First in. :P

-snip-

Btw, this is wonderful in a chopper!!!!

Amazing, exactly what I plan on doing most in this map.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any new or different options in GUI for lighting or effects?

Do you really think I have stopped and looked at the GUI, in detail. :lol:

Sorry, I will examine this version in more detail over the next few days.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

England at dusk.

DCS%202017-04-27%2022-39-43-21_zpstzsootpz.jpg

DCS%202017-04-27%2022-38-27-34_zpsnvqneotx.jpg

DCS%202017-04-27%2022-36-24-45_zpssnrrg3t4.jpg

Are you happy with Normandy cichlidfan? ;)

Aside from DCS stopping working at random times (like right after I took that top screen shot), I am quite happy with what I have seen so far.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

England at dusk.

g

%5B/img%5D

WOW! Looks great! :)

Lighting does seem different to me....but it could be placebo effect or the fact that I am seeing brief glimpses.

But all the recent Wags streams/videos have been with the new lighting system and it looks like the screenshots. I bet it is the new one. :)

-Nick

Edited by NineLine
removed images

Looks good....trees are awesome...cant wait to fly it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

• ED Team
Well this made my day, unfortunately I missed the train by a mere $40 but that is life. Did you guys get the asset pack too or just the map?
This build include both Normandy Map and WWII Asset pack. Did you entered Starforce serial twice when asked?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

A few questions:

Does it work in the current 2.x Alpha, or is it another separate install?

Is it just free flight for now?

Can you create and host servers, are there any included simple missions, or an editor and how is the visibility compared to Alpha, Release?

Thanks.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

A few questions:

Does it work in the current 2.x Alpha, or is it another separate install?

Is it just free flight for now?

Can you create and host servers, are there any included simple missions, or an editor and how is the visibility compared to Alpha, Release?

Thanks.

Seperate install, but it copies some files from the 2.0 version.

Saw some Quickmissions, and full editor is included.

Didn't have any time to test multiplayer yet.

Haven't got the email yet with the instructions - though from the backers page I was able to download the web installer. Next challenge is the username and password as I suspect the info is in the email (have tried my usual DCS login and get a forbidden error)

Made some quick performance testing today.

Performance without VR is absolutely ok. Very high to highest settings I´m getting about 150FPS high above Caen in the Spitfire. Flying low over the city and it still keeps at least 60FPS.

Enabling VR I have to say this needs still tons of optimizations. FPS even with medium settings, shadows off, mirrors off, pixel density 1.5 are very low. Down to 20FPS over the city of Caen.

I know, this is a preview of an Alpha version. So, I´m hoping for improvements when it comes to VR support of the map.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

These low-light B17 screenies just showed up on the SoW website. Not sure if they are also here on DCS forums... sorry if this is a double post. Mods: Feel free to delete if that is the case:

http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6156#p47706

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Seperate install, but it copies some files from the 2.0 version.

Saw some Quickmissions, and full editor is included.

Didn't have any time to test multiplayer yet.

Quick one regarding the underlined bit.

Do I need to instal this in a specific location or the same folder as Alpha so that it uses some of the files?

Rather big DL for my third world internet (not complaining, just eager :lol:)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• ED Team
Quick one regarding the underlined bit.

Do I need to instal this in a specific location or the same folder as Alpha so that it uses some of the files?

make sure it is in a different location Normandy alpha is currently a stand alone install

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BigNewy :thumbup:

Ok then same drive different folder it is then, as with DCS and DCS Alpha currently on my machine.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Looking great...thanks to all taking the time to share your first looks and performance info.

Now I am wishing I had pledged more!

More screens!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Made some quick performance testing today.

Enabling VR I have to say this needs still tons of optimizations. FPS even with medium settings, shadows off, mirrors off, pixel density 1.5 are very low. Down to 20FPS over the city of Caen.

I know, this is a preview of an Alpha version. So, I´m hoping for improvements when it comes to VR support of the map.

Ooh, that doesn't sound good, let's hope they will improve this. Any other VR users out there with similar or different experiences?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• ED Team
If you have already installed DCS 1.5 (or DCS 2.0), new Normandy will take a lot of files locally from your HDD.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Is the Normandy map available already??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5