Patch 1.0.1

It's not a threat, rather I really do wonder if people prefer for things to be that way.

Reading this thread, I'm quite suprised at some of the responses and threats(?!) of ED 'going silent'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also not happy with the delay of the patch. as someone says: "in august will noone need trainingtracks anymore". so better use this capacity to bring the patch to release.

im wondering about telling us "maybe may" to "maybe august". that are about 3 months.

if i would do my job this way, i would have to search another one.

keep in mind, that your customers wont buy you future dcs modules if they can wait an half year for updates.

but i dont only want to give bs a negative comment: in comparison to other games published this time is has a relative stable version.

mfg

Geisterbaer 49th

keep in mind, that your customers wont buy you future dcs modules if they can wait an half year for updates.

Most here are willing to wait if it means more products of DCS's quality. I waited years for LOMAC, I waited years for Blackshark. I can wait for whatever else ED produce. I got other things I can be doing (like playing the game for example). :joystick:

Edited by McVittees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

It's not a threat, rather I really do wonder if people prefer for things to be that way.

This sounds really strange ...

10 Voices should be responsible that 130000 will get no info any more ?

Edited by PeterP

You have to agree that this is a very very long time! I cannot remember any game developer that took so long for the first patch

Because when they release their game early its full of bugs, so they have to do the patchs fast to keep their fanbois happy.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Because when they release their game early its full of bugs, so they have to do the patchs fast to keep their fanbois happy.

Completely agreed. And it is rather tragic that when I read the update posted by Wags I knew immediately that I'd be seeing some "interesting" comments in a thread like this. Have people grown so used to the release-patch-patch-patch-patch-... ... cycle endemic to the present gaming industry that anyone that doesn't release frequent patches is obviously asleep at work. As opposed to the ones that release unfinished products being asleep at work - or, which is often the case, tied to paperpushers at massive publishing houses that don't know that sometimes it takes a good bit of time to ensure that a complex software application is working properly.

I realize that some people have had some issues with DCS:BS - I frequent the problems and bugs section enough to have a pretty good picture of the problems that crop up. But compare that to most contemporary PC releases - here most of the problems (some exceptions) that are given threads could actually have been solved through a simple search. I've only been stumped about twice over there for solutions to a problem - and I am not a programmer, and I do not have any knowledge of the internals of the sim beyond some lua stuff. Someone with my solely user-level experience being able to factfind, troubleshoot and offer solutions to such a high majority of problems is an extremely good record for any contemporary software product beyond Minesweeper. My experience for most other game related forums I've frequented has been quite different.

I fully agree with what EvilBivol-1 said about the general consensus as he (and I) have understood it: this game doesn't "need" a patch. It has problems that would be nice to have patched and I am very grateful to ED for taking the time to do that.

But to see people put forth the fact that by now most other developers would have put out at least 5 patches as an argument against ED in this matter is just plain tragic. Some of the arguments I've seen is akin to saying that a particular automobile is crap because it's never been to the workshop for repairs...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I must admit that sometimes it feels like a game just ain't complete unless it has a patch, regardless of wether or not it needs one! Madness! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

might it be possible to suggest that Black Shark was clearly released too early without the "EDFORUM" fanboys taking offence !!!!!

and released possibly in a worse state than anything pertaining to this general concensus you have regards other game and there fan boy followings leading to immediate post patches (rediculous assumption) however.. for a patch to take what must be 7 months now to complete. that tells me (and considering some MP code is being re written) that BS was infact released in a non satisfactory state.<watch the fanboys jump on me now> working yes. you state there is nothing majorlly wrong with the release state of DCSBS. i bloody well disagree. For 7 months ive been trying to host a bloody server without success. ive asked all the questions necessary on the forum with no Direct answers other than its a bug.

In light of this i am trully sick of

1. The ED fanboys defence of the software that for me doesnt work.

2. Waiting for the patch whilst being subject to the crap i hear in this place.

3. sick of "whoever" adding a month onto the Patch ETA.(just tell me/them "it'll be done when its done in future please)

4. the belief that ED are some perfect group of developers. the talk of release of games with immediate patches is a good thing in relation to waiting 7 months for what i want. dont reverse your psychology with me please.

incidentally through my 15 years gaming i have never experienced more of this "fanboy" behaviours than in this very forum. Granted you fanboys may have more common sense and are able to project your thoughts at a mature level. none the less iam serious when i state that i havnt experienced as heavy faboyish behaviours anywhere but in here.

Edited by Ali Fish
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and released possibly in a worse state than anything pertaining to this general concensus you have regards other game and there fan boy followings leading to immediate post patches (rediculous assumption) however.. for a patch to take what must be 7 months now to complete.

What does this sentence mean?:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sods law #47

When you fix one thing you break something else.

probaly they thought it was straight forward

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

not very much now ive read it back against some earlier comments...i agree what i said there was actually in agreement with earlier comments. iam generally pretty miffed about all the chat about this patch, im frustrated beyond belief. a little with ED but mainly with forum members for various reasons.

for me it doesnt work properly. what more can i say. you whoever you are could stop trying to tell me BS doesnt need a patch for starters.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for me it doesnt work properly. what more can i say. you whoever you are could stop trying to tell me BS doesnt need a patch for starters.
I try to help you maybe. If you could write down your problem (other than not working MP triggers and editor map rotation error) in "Problem and Bugs" section. I had many CTD a while ago, took me ages to solve the problem but made it finally (Windows DEP issue).

I try to help you maybe. If you could write down your problem (other than not working MP triggers and editor map rotation error) in "Problem and Bugs" section. I had many CTD a while ago, took me ages to solve the problem but made it finally (Windows DEP issue).

+1

its there for a reason... If the game doesn't run when I put my spanking new Geforce card in tomorrow then I'll abuse it.*

*it will work cos its not an ati card, and we know nothing works with them.:D

• Like 1

I do think that it is kind of sad that by the time we finally get a patch, ( don't see why all the bugs and upgrades have to be all done in one patch, but thats my opinion ) A-10 will be in its testing phase and we will probably all be jumping into the A-10 right after we get our first, and probably only patch for the Shark. :cry:

I have played many games that played awesome out of the box and I felt that they didn't require any patches either. But those producers supplied us with many patches that kept on improving the game. And we didn't have to wait this long for a patch. Why does every single bug and upgrade have to be fixed in one patch. You realise that even after you release this patch, even after years of testing this one patch, people are still going to find problems with it.

I'll be laughing when august finally gets here, (if that will be the actual release date which I doubt) and people will still be finding problems with the game. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

I dont know why you are having problems hosting a server Ali Fish, I have No Trouble doing so and have done so on XP, Vista 32, Vista 64 and Windows 7 64bit

Are you sure a firewall setting isnt stopping you from hosting ?

As far as I am awar Ali, their is no bug that stops people from hosting, if their was I wouldnt be able to host and I wouldnt be able to join servers that are being hosted.

I would Look at your OS, your router or modem if you have one and software firewalls.

all that needs to be opened is port 10308 and open it in both udp and tcp and unblock ping or disable stealth mode in your router and you should have no problems. When I host I have ping blocked and stealth mode on, so nobody can ping me and yet my buddies can STILL join my server by manually typing in my ip and port, but to rule out any problems you should disable those router features if you have a router.

To rule out your router 100%, put your pc into a DMZ on your router and that will rule out your router/modem as being the cause, then you can start looking at either a bug in the OS or software firewalls.

The only bug I know of is the one where ports seems to change but if you know your IP and you forward port 10308 and disable block ping and stealth mode and tell your friends your IP so that they can join your server by manually typing in your ip ingame then they really should have no problems connecting, so long as its set to INTERNET and not Lan.

If you want I would be willing to sit with ya on some chat program whether that be MSN or skype or teamspeak etc and try and help you get it setup, because I am sure its just a tiny overlooked problem at your end thats causing you to not be able to host for 7 months.

Worst case scenario would be to format windows and try with a fresh OS, that would be a very last resort, but I am confident that its either a router/modem problem, game settings not being correct or windows firewall or another firewall blocking your connection.

Edited by bumfire
  • Like 2

3. sick of "whoever" adding a month onto the Patch ETA.(just tell me/them "it'll be done when its done in future please)

This is roughly how it went:

FORUM: When's the patch coming?

ED: We really don't want to set a date. You know, things happen. We don't want to disappoint you with promises until we are dead certain.

FORUM: Aaaawh... But come on! Just estimate! Pleeeeeease?

ED: Well... bah, allright. Roughly in a month or two, if everything works out allright.

... [Month or two passes] ...

FORUM: ED! Where the **** is the patch?

ED: Unfortunately, it was delayed because of X.

FORUM: You bloody amateurs! You promised you'd release it this month and you failed!

ED: Fortunately we have a PR department, who have barred me from accessing the internet while there is a risk of me commenting on that.

I suspect everyone can see the stupidity in how that went down...

Oh, and last line in the "exchange" has a bit of poetic license to it, but I'll let you know that if I was working for ED that's what the PR department would have to do to keep me from making a fool of myself. :P

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I remember threads like this on frugals forum about Falcon AF. And they release 12 or 13 patchs. Was always the same thing, when they delay the releases. :music_whistling:

This is the well-known patch feber.

No worrys.

Edit: actually its a good sign :thumbup:

Edited by Cyb0rg
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

well thanks for the posts offering help to me. thanks.

i understand this post i make now isnt realyl on topic, but given the responses earlier i will post what my issue is that troubles me so..

& i appologise for my outlandish remarks earlier. especially upon ED. Just a frustrated person here. It was around 3 hours worth earlier i thought i'd have another stab at hosting that resulted in my remarks earlier. "i couldnt get these comments about BS not needing a patch out my head"... and then i let my attitude suck.. sorry to all offended.

my problem hosting issue is the random assigment of port numbers !!! A different one everytime i open a new port both via windows firewall and my router firewall. i have even tried disabling both too.. so i host, leave and spot my ip in the server list containing no info and using some ramdom port number. i have posted in the multiplayer forum area along with my friend vekiq (same problem as me). i have flown online many times with vek by joining via IP connection only. and also via using hamachi and setting the BS connection to "LAN". its very lonely there via those methods. If i could actually meet new folks and entertain as a host id have a much better expereince in DCS:BS. it is the most wonderfull flightsim.

Edited by Ali Fish
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are not telling you that the software works perectly for you. We are telling you that, based on user feedback, the software works reliably for the majority of users. The fact that software of this complexity will not be 100% reliable for 100% of the users is normal. Given that technical problems are inevitable, we have a Problems and Bugs forum, where you can try and seek out a solution, even though a solution is not guaranteed.

P.S. When you feel frustrated, it's probably not a good time to post. Usually, it results in nasty posts followed by moderator warnings.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Hey Ali, I replied to your PM's, as far as the changing ports etc, their isnt much I can do about that am afraid, the only thing I could suggest is turn off UPNP in your router since that auto opens ports for programs regardless if you define specific ports for whatever app in your router.

I thought you couldnt host at all, but after reading your last post here, it seems that you can host but the port range shown in the server list is different to what you have assigned, well if you turn UPNP off, the game theoretically shouldnt be able to use any port that you dont assign/open.

If their is a bug in the game and I have heard of people speaking about this random port change before, but maybe its because they all have UPNP enabled ??? and something within the game is allowing the game to choose random ports on its own,which might not of been a problem if UPNP is disabled, which if you ask me it should be anyway as its a security threat.

Disabling UPNP is about it from me, unless you are stealthed and have ping blocked and the game/server list isnt getting your info correctly due to that and for whatever reason is makin up ficticious ports ?

• Like 1

We are not telling you that the software works perectly for you. We are telling you that, based on user feedback, the software works reliably for the majority of users. The fact that software of this complexity will not be 100% reliable for 100% of the users is normal. Given that technical problems are inevitable, we have a Problems and Bugs forum, where you can try and seek out a solution, even though a solution is not guaranteed.

P.S. When you feel frustrated, it's probably not a good time to post. Usually, it results in nasty posts followed by moderator warnings.

well there is no reason black shark cant run for me as well as it does for anyone else :smilewink:. infact ill be as bold to say Black Shark does work perfectly for me bar the little (big) issue that i dont have the freedom to host a mission and expect a random fellow black sharkateer to join.

P.S. I wouldnt dare enter into a situation where i could recieve a warning through my communication. Frustrated yes i am indeed. but respect i have for everyone around here. and iam quite capable of apologising where necissary.i am also no stranger to the search function. but have not witnessed the facts about my issues so far, and if you guys earched upon my historical interaction with the forums, you might see that since the 8th of january ive been asking about this apparent problem i suffer from. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36520. i have PM'(S) this early morning telling me to use the search function because of what i stated in this thread. and apparently i should get some answers. thats frustrating to say the least. anyway it sure is time for me to bow out of this one for fear of alienating myself... i agree iam a bit moody about it all. rest assured i love it all here and will calm down soon. honestly im just so anxious to really get into blackshark which for me can only come from interaction with others and today it seems like a lifetime since i bought it. MY friend who i bought this with to learn and fly to some degree, he has now given up trying and gone onto other things it seems and that for me personally says somthing quite important to myself. It also makes me wonder if there are others out there in similar situ. in my thread about hosting there are others that have given up too. and every night i look at the servers theres always between 2 and 5 servers that just arnt connected correct.. I wont and cant give it up and i will wait forever for a patch. Over & out dudes.

Just a lonely black sharkateer looking for some combat fun.

Ali Fish

Edited by Ali Fish
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]