[WIP] Proper IFF when?

Capn kamikaze

They try to do it as real as it can be which i respect ED. They can implement as a game that wont give you the taste. Flying with hornet is a years of training and experience. Also that is why "raygun" "budy spike' and " bogey dope" on radio are for. There are many ways of iff. Just keep practacing you are not killing anyone just get disconnected. You gain experience and sort it out for the right shot. Be patient.

SM-G960F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

[WIP] Proper IFF when?

IFF works fine in MP. the problem is between the chair and keyboard.

Once you figure out how the IFF works now, maybe you will not shoot down friendlies.

In your description of "it turned square and i already fired on a diamond" sorry i cannot tell you what you did wrong. What aspect was the target? hot/cold? did you put it in your ladder?

none of you are listening or getting it. It will work if you put the contact in the ladder. Depending on the aspect of the target it will return friendly or enemy. Its not broken and works reliably in game is my point. So if you say its not working for you, maybe you should re read how i explained it does work. There is also more variables to the IFF. Its just not a range/lock.

So far no one in here gets it, but thats on them if they don't want to listen. You can identify the contact, yes its broken and not how it should work, but if you follow the rules the IFF will keep you from killing friendlies.

So you're explaining how the current IFF "works" incorrectly and trying to pass it as it working correctly? :doh:

Why are you blathering on about how the current incorrect modeling can be interpreted, in a thread asking when we can expect to see IFF working properly?

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So you're explaining how the current IFF "works" incorrectly and trying to pass it as it working correctly? :doh:

Why are you blathering on about how the current incorrect modeling can be interpreted, is a thread asking when we can expect to see IFF working properly?

Just repeating myself, the 1st sentence from the OP, was it does not function in MP, as others have stated.

It works in MP and will iff correctly. Ive explained how.

How it’s modeled in game will change. It’s a placeholder.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

NOT BAD :megalol:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

In your opinion it's a placeholder.

It is only functioning correctly in your opinion.

You are entitled to your opinions, and you are entitled to be wrong. These things are not mutually exclusive, as you have repeatedly demonstrated.

Isn’t your response to his opinion just your opinion on his opinion being wrong? Since that’s the case...

You are entitled to your opinions, and you are entitled to be wrong. These things are not mutually exclusive, as you have repeatedly demonstrated.

Again, this is an opinion and it’s my opinion that you’re wrong, trb5150. Not only is your idea that just because someone else thinks something that differs from your view they are magically and wholly wrong close minded, but also that your reaction to these differing opinions come across as immature and childish. Again, just my opinion on the matter. I’m sure you’ll find it wrong too.

Let’s try and be cordial on here. Nice discussions are typically better discussions. If you do feel the need to disagree with someone post evidence that supports your claim instead of just saying they’re wrong and pointing fingers while attacking them for a differing viewpoint.

Edited by M0ltar

Isn’t your response to his opinion just your opinion on his opinion being wrong? Since that’s the case...

Again, this is an opinion and it’s my opinion that you’re wrong, trb5150, not only is your idea that just because someone else thinks something that differs from your view they are magically and wholly wrong, but that your reaction to these differing opinions come across as immature and childish. Again, just my opinion on the matter. I’m sure you’ll find it wrong too.

I guess it really depends on your definition of "works". I think will- is operating to a different definition and thats whats causing all the problems. In this context I think most people here are saying its either not a realistic representation or its so dissimilar from every other IFF system in the sim that its causing a lot of problems in MP, which it is.

Regardless of how it "works" currently or indeed doesn't depending on your point of view, I think the only sensible option is give us infallible, perfect FC3 style IFF until the proper system is worked out.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I guess it really depends on your definition of "works". I think will- is operating to a different definition and thats whats causing all the problems. In this context I think most people here are saying its either not a realistic representation or its so dissimilar from every other IFF system in the sim that its causing a lot of problems in MP, which it is.

Regardless of how it "works" currently or indeed doesn't depending on your point of view, I think the only sensible option is give us infallible, perfect FC3 style IFF until the proper system is worked out.

I want to be clear that I’m not taking sides here. I don’t know enough about the IFF debate to state a claim. I simply don’t like people laying down their word likes it’s gospel. Yeah I came across like a bit of a troll, but I wanted to get my point across. If people feel a user is incorrect, simply disagree with them and post evidence to substantiate your claim like I said in my OP.

I'm sorry are you a moderator or just an oversensitive internet politeness vigilante? He's not defending an opinion, he's stating that the functionality as it appears in game is functioning correctly and he's stating it as fact, when it is his opinion, and I/m pointing that out. I didn't say anything meant to or that could be interpreted as anti-feelings. I'm just saying he's stating opinion as fact and that he's not right in defending the current implementation if the IFF in the Hornet. Now I have to put you on the ignore list.

Again, and I’m going to stop here, you’re saying he’s wrong in his opinion, but that is your opinion. However, how you come across is that it’s fact that he’s wrong. If you really believe him to be wrong post evidence to go with your claim instead of just attacking someone that you disagree with. My 2 cents.

If people feel a user is incorrect, simply disagree with them and post evidence to substantiate your claim like I said in my OP.

You do realise his opening gambit to this debate was "IFF works fine in MP. the problem is between the chair and keyboard." If thats not going to piss people off I don't know what is.

If he had said "Yeah.. its a bit weird, but i've found this way - Insert long explanation here - that seems to work!" Then the reaction to his posts would been totally different. Instead he starts with what comes across as "You're and idiot" and wonders why he gets blowback :doh::huh:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

You do realise his opening gambit to this debate was "IFF works fine in MP. the problem is between the chair and keyboard." If thats not going to piss people off I don't know what is.

If he had said "Yeah.. its a bit weird, but i've found this way - Insert long explanation here - that seems to work!" Then the reaction to his posts would been totally different. Instead he starts with what comes across as "You're and idiot" and wonders why he gets blowback :doh::huh:

This!

Just repeating myself, the 1st sentence from the OP, was it does not function in MP, as others have stated.

It works in MP and will iff correctly. Ive explained how.

it DOES NOT work properly in MP. You didnt explain anything. Your hot and cold doesnt make any sense, the IFF still DOES NOT work.

This!

it DOES NOT work properly in MP. You didnt explain anything. Your hot and cold doesnt make any sense, the IFF still DOES NOT work.

This!

What buckeye posted is not what I’m explaining at all, sorry. Iff does work in mp realiably, sorry your not understanding aspect, but if you go back and read and maybe try these things.

Remember this isn’t a perment iff, and will change.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Gents Please Submit Relevant Data for Bug Reports the proper way.

//Closed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs