LRM 2.0 Beta1 enters public test phase

RvEYoda

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you also not have "FixEagleRadar"? You did before and I hope you still do.
We had squad meetings and discussions about LRM. We actually voted on on the use of LRM.

From what I know, only those two LRM options are enabled, the F-15 IFF and the takeoffs only possible from runways.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

We had squad meetings and discussions about LRM. We actually voted on on the use of LRM.

From what I know, only those two LRM options are enabled, the F-15 IFF and the takeoffs only possible from runways.

I just checked. The 4C server is still using the "FixEagleRadar" option which I personally think is very wise!

from LRM details:

F-15 Radar Improvements

IFF : HUD color changes/blinks if you bug/lock a friendly

Automatic Elevation : if you bug a target, radar elevation no longer requires manual control

Automatic Azmuth angle setting : (same as for elevation, if using 3A)

I just checked. The 4C server is still using the "FixEagleRadar" option which I personally think is very wise!

from LRM details:

F-15 Radar Improvements

IFF : HUD color changes/blinks if you bug/lock a friendly

Automatic Elevation : if you bug a target, radar elevation no longer requires manual control

Automatic Azmuth angle setting : (same as for elevation, if using 3A)

It could be. When it comes to server administration, my job is to restart the mission, without touching anything else! :)

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Hey guys

Want to point out that the AdA mod is not working when the LRM is on.

We tried lately with <51>Case to sort it out and it stills in progress.

Anyway we need Yoda's feedback to make significant improvement about that issue and currently and according to Case it seems that the problem comes from the payload numbers.

Regards

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

If it is a payload issue, it will write a log file in /temp/illegalweapons.log

(or similarly named file, i don't remember)

Inside that file it will say what payload it thinks is illegal. You can then copy paste

that line into the export.lua where the other payload settings are to make that payload legal.

I do not develop LRM at this point as I am mostly working on things related to

beta project(s).

// Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Hi Yoda,

If it is a payload issue, it will write a log file in /temp/illegalweapons.log

(or similarly named file, i don't remember)

Inside that file it will say what payload it thinks is illegal. You can then copy paste

that line into the export.lua where the other payload settings are to make that payload legal.

This is exactly what we tried to figure out yesterday, and the illegalweapons.log file comes back that the plane index is -1. As far as I can tell this number comes from the PlaneToInt function that does not know the name of the airplane. The AdA mod replaces the models of the MiG-29S and its weapons, but it also changes the name of the aircraft.

I could not figure out what name the aircraft does give and how to make LRM accept it. The next thing I wanted to try is if the name in the MEinit.xml file is the culprit, cause if it is they can just change it on the client side. Perhaps you know where the plane name that LRM uses originates from?

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ah yes that would be the problem.

From what I can tell, the Lofc lua cannot afaik directly export what plane

you are actually flying, only a text string with your name and plane.

This is how in LRM the plane type is determined, i think.

You can edit that function planetoInt (and there is likely a findplanetype function

that takes a string in there somewhere also) to suit your needs or edit

the name parameter for the mirage in the meinit...i think....it should solve that issue.

I think the string parsing function is the one your should be looking at, where it is first

determined. I think this is during load-in somewhere by LuaExportStart.

is there something like a global parameter g_planeType or similar?

I think it only goes on the numbers in the plane type. Like the "15" at string positions

[2] and [3] in "F-15", or maybe if LUA starts with index 1 (i cannot remember)

With a planetype=-1 it likely wont know what to do...

There should be a few positive integers that it knows about

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Hi

Good luck for tests.

Please note that AdA mod v1 replace names of several planes :

- MiG-29A (perhaps named MiG-29 in the MEinit ? the shape file is MiG-29.cmd)

- MiG-29G

- MiG-29S

- MiG-29K

- Su-27

- Su-24MR

- Su-30

Some weapons names are also changed, e.g. the "R-60" becomes a "Fox 2 Short"...

If needed, you have a more complete list in the read-me here : http://www.ada-mod.org/adamod/?q=node/13

(scroll down for english version)

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png