Canned Damage ?

Phantom_Mark

Does the A10C use an overall hitpoints tally.......been flying this thing years and kinda just suffered it but just want to ask......

The engine power drops progressively each hit you take, feels very canned, and it assumed every extra round you took just happened to hit the engines, and just happened to reduce power output by exactly the same amount every time ?

I'm not sure but I don't think so. Like the other night I got clipped by a AAA that I didn't see. Knocked out my right engine and multiple systems instantly. I have hadd the Hog knocked completely off line with a single well placed flack round or burst of AAA. So I think the damage is dynamic.

Edited by TheOtherSider

I'm not sure but I don't think so. Like the other night I got clipped by a AAA that I didn't see. Knocked out my right engine and multiple systems instantly. I have hadd the Hog knocked completely off line with a single well placed flack round or burst of AAA. So I think the damage is dynamic.

Sorry, just so we are clear :D , the damage model is awesome, no doubts about that whatsoever, it seems to be more so when hit by machine gun fire and stuff like that, light weapons feel like they are just chinking away at a hit point counter linked to available engine power, where the more serious hits seem to be reflected in proportional systems failures etc?

I wouldn't say I noticed that. I got hit last night, lost cicu and a variety of systems. I had no air speed indicator but controls were highly responsive. Wingman indicated I was smoking. Did a high key overhead break recovery. I botched it, but I still think it demonstrated significant damage but no loss of engine power.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I think the damage model for the A10C is great. Never seems to be the same damage / failures. Keep it please.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Does the A10C use an overall hitpoints tally.......been flying this thing years and kinda just suffered it but just want to ask......

The engine power drops progressively each hit you take, feels very canned, and it assumed every extra round you took just happened to hit the engines, and just happened to reduce power output by exactly the same amount every time ?

Not the case here. I've recieved plenty of different dammage and quiet often the engines were not affected by it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

All aircraft will eventually have the new damage model, as you maybe aware we are starting with our WWII aircraft first before rolling it out to others.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2