Desk vs chair mount

Hi all,

Has anyone tried both table and chair mounts for the hotas? Did you find one better than other, and why?

I won't be modifying the stick with a longer one, so i guess side mounted stick will be what I do.

I have the option to do either, I'll be building it whichever way I go, but prefer to only so it once.

I'm thinking desk will be cheaper (can do timber rather than aluminium). Downside will be I might bash my knees on the mounts, unless I do quick release clamps.

If I do chair. I need to modify some arms I got, to fit my chair, then make and attach a mount.

I've got a ch combo, which don't have mount holes. Thinking easiest option regardless of how I make the mount, is to use 4 magnets glued onto the base, and add some metal for them to stick to.

Anyone got thoughts/experience?

Thanks

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

My Foxx deskmounts mount my CH Hotas with heavy duty industrial velcro , which has worked very well .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Has anyone tried both table and chair mounts for the hotas? Did you find one better than other, and why?

What will be your primary air frame?

I currently have the TMWH on MonsterTech deskmounts, but am contemplating converting the stick to a chair mount as I'm concentrating on the F-16C atm. The chair mount is simply better-suited to the F-16C.

I'm thinking desk will be cheaper (can do timber rather than aluminium). Downside will be I might bash my knees on the mounts, unless I do quick release clamps.

MonsterTech have you covered. :)

If I do chair. I need to modify some arms I got, to fit my chair, then make and attach a mount.

Check out the MonsterTech site.... they have accurate mounting templates for all popular chair-mount options. If you're building your own mounts these can guide you. FYI DXRocker chairs use the Form1 3-bolt pattern... tested and confirmed.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

Thanks. Hornet is where I'm at. I did consider going for centre stick and extending the stick, but probably won't go to the effort. If you decide to swap, please report back with which you prefer. Probably too late for me, but for future searchers :)

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME