mapping rudder to throttle

Gavski1

I have a Warthog stick and an X52 throttle - on the top of the X52 is a rotor that I use as a rudder because I cannot use pedals.

I want to get a TM throttle and want to know if there is anything on the TM throttle that I can use as a rudder? any kind of slider or rotor that I can map to throttle?

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

I have a Warthog stick and an X52 throttle - on the top of the X52 is a rotor that I use as a rudder because I cannot use pedals.

I want to get a TM throttle and want to know if there is anything on the TM throttle that I can use as a rudder? any kind of slider or rotor that I can map to throttle?

If you get the cheap TM throttle, it has rudder control.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

^I can't say enough about the TWCS throttle, I went for the warthog stick but have been very reluctant to trade in the throttle. You have to take it apart and lube up the rails, but once you get it adjusted correctly it is really light and accurate. The toggle switch under your middle finger comes in REALLY handy and the TDC works like a charm. And yeah, the slap paddle should work extremely well for rudder control. It ain't pretty, but pretty is as pretty does.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

^I can't say enough about the TWCS throttle, I went for the warthog stick but have been very reluctant to trade in the throttle. You have to take it apart and lube up the rails, but once you get it adjusted correctly it is really light and accurate. The toggle switch under your middle finger comes in REALLY handy and the TDC works like a charm. And yeah, the slap paddle should work extremely well for rudder control. It ain't pretty, but pretty is as pretty does.
Yes. Agree. Had to adjust the friction and added WD40. Haven't bothered with some real grease yet. Any recommendations of what to use?

Also, there's lots of space on the base for switches etc. if I wanna mod it later on. Also thinking about adding some detents, seems very easy.

Another thing I've noticed which I've never seen anybody else mention.

Is basically a single axis Hornet throttle, with some other options.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I just ordered a TWCS and Warthog flight stick to replace my X52 Pro I've had for years. I don't want rudder pedals under my desk because I've BTDT and to me it just isn't worth it. I hate twisting the stick though and for years have been missing the rudder paddle that was on my Top Gun, so I was very glad to learn about the TWCS. The Warthog throttle doesn't have this feature and I want the paddle axis for rudder way more than I want dual throttles and a bunch of extra switches I have to reach for. I'm thinking of cutting and painting a heavy metal plate to mount the TWCS to so they look like a pair, and I bet it will give a nice quality feel to the TWCS too.

Edited by BallsOFire

I5, GTX1060, TM Warthog A-10C Flightstick, TM TWCS, Odyssey+ WMR