DCS World and Exports...

FlyNate

I am temporarily using an older 1360x768 Samsung LCD TV for a monitor until my Hog-pit is finished. I used double-sided tape to attach my Cougar MFD Controllers to the bottom left and right corners of the monitor, and edited my MonitorSetup.lua file to always have the A-10C MFCDs in their respective places to simulate having real MFCDs. They get in the way a little here and there, but better than nothing at all and they are only temporary. I purchased a TFT 3.5" LCD Screen with a default resolution of 320x240 and connects via an AV plug. It runs on a 12v 1A power supply and works great when I plug my DVD player into it. I found a schematic of how to build a VGA to AV adapter. I have completed construction of my CDU and want to use it for the display. I need some SERIOUS help to achieve this, so someone please help me! I cannot get anything to show on the screen at all, and I think I can get the CDU display on it if I knew a little morre about MonitorSetup.lua. The "Dummies' Guide for MonitorSetup.lua" is great! That's what I used to setup my "piggy-back" MFCDs, But I need a "Complete Dumb@ss Guide to MonitorSetup" :doh: I feel lost as I could possibly be and I am going crazy wishing my CDU would have a functioning display.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

Edited by FlyNate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a thread that should be moved to the pit building section of the forum.

Certainly you're likely to get more and better answers there than in the general DCS world forum.

ED Forums >> English >> Sim Topics >> Input and Output >> Home Cockpits.

Many very skilled and enthusiastic pit builders there that are very generous with advice.

Edited by esb77

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Hey FlyNate. I have a similar screen to you for my CDU and I'm simply using one of these little convertors:http://www.amazon.co.uk/KanaaN-Composite-Converter-SHIPPING-DELIVERY/dp/B003U0PHC8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388572948&sr=8-2&keywords=composite+to+vga (There are loads of them on there, so I'm not sure who the seller was)

For exporting other items than MFCDs, the init.lua of each indicator must be changed. Check out this guide: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1152239&postcount=1

The "Dummies' Guide for MonitorSetup.lua" is great! That's what I used to setup my "piggy-back" MFCDs, But I need a "Complete Dumb@ss Guide to MonitorSetup" :doh: I feel lost as I could possibly be and I am going crazy wishing my CDU would have a functioning display.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

you find what you are looking for in the exact same thread where you have found my guide:

» Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“

This pre-sets will switch on the export of avionics to dedicated view-ports - just by simple copy'n'paste.

And will remove any conflicts between A10C and Ka-50

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1541311#post1541311

2Ka-50AbrisandShkvalONexample.jpg

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.2A-10CMFCDsinCockpitOFFexample.jpg

...and there is no need to set your left screen as Main in a 'windowd' setup if you don't want to.

Use the 'Phantommonitorfix' to align the DCS simulation screen in your Top-Left corner of your whole desktop - even if your left monitor isn't the main-screen.

Tip - place the exe or a shortcut of this skript it in your startup folder ,

C:\Users\>User Name<\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup to lower your workload .

So it is loaded when your system boots and you don't have to manually start it any more. - It uses no measurable recurrences and only gets active when DCS.exe is loaded.