[UH-1H] Tactical Air Assault - COOP 8

attachment.php?attachmentid=114641&stc=1&d=1426003097

Objectives

- Reclaim insurgent-held Novorossiysk, Kabardinka and Gelendzhik by inserting friendly infantry. Infantry are stationed on the north ramp of the airfield.

- Several US ammo boxes stolen by the insurgents are hidden amongst their camps, watch your fire and bring them back to the pickup zone.

- One Unarmed MEDEVAC is available.

Load Infantry

Land on the ramp with the blue smoke and use your radio (F-10) to load soldiers.

BEWARE of the friendly trucks roaming the airfield, they do not like you. Best place to load troop is on the taxiway right in front of the ramp

Unload Infantry

Land in the desired dropping zone within 800m of the smoke (see briefing pictures) and use your radio (F-10) to unload soldiers.

Once unloaded, a squad can be controlled (with Combined Arms module) or picked up again and re-deployed or brought back to base.

They will automatically run for the smoke.

Drop Zones

- #1 Novorossiysk City Center - Red smoke

- #2 Novorossiysk Harbor - Orange smoke

- #3 Kabardinka City - Green smoke

- #4 Gelendzhik Airfield - Blue smoke

1st zone must be cleared to activate the 2nd, etc.

An additional pickup zone for troops is loacted 5Km north of the Gelendzhik arifield.

STAY AWAY from unactivated zone.

Quick Reference : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2345979#post2345979

Download : http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1306109/

Credits :

Custom pickup script by Deck.

Original "Huey Drop" mission by Deck adapted by EightBall.

Pics from the mission :

Screen_150312_014714_zpsmlbsvdji.jpg

Screen_150311_230841_zpso577fbgx.jpg

Screen_150312_012010_zpsyaa7lc67.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball

Great mission Eight Ball! Myself and a few others managed to clear all the areas and bring back all but one infantry units that were alive back to the ramp. He wouldn't get on... Hint message said we were too far from a pickup zone. And also had issue with one sling in red zone, it wouldn't come up in the all cargos menu for pickup, but otherwise brought all other slings back to ramp.

Someone concluded the reason was because the crate had been destroyed. Is that the case?

Despite the two issues, we all had A LOT of fun completing this mission. Thanks!

Thanks docbrown, glad to hear you guys had fun :)

I also had that issue with cargo crates but it was in the harbor, not sure why. Maybe your friend is right and the model just don't update once it's damaged/destroyed by weapons.

I'd have to make further testing to be sure.

But it doesn't really matter, initially those crates had an important role, you had to bring x amount of cargo back to base to unlock the next zone.

But I've never found out how to make that work so I drop the idea and just let the crates there.

As for your issue with the infantry, I honestly have no idea.

I didn't make the load/unload script, I don't know what could cause that. =/

I'm still very much a rookie with the mission editor.

I've been playing with it for years but this mission is my first try at making something somebody else than me can play and understand :)

single player version with ai choppers would be good

i tried to play this game alone and insurgents slaughtered me and my troops :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 year later...
sorry maybe is broke but i dont see any blue smoke in the north of the airfield , and no f10 option

Yep is broken, I have freshened it up a little for DCSW v1.5x (new MIST,etc) to have some chance of working, but I can't fix the custom lua scripts.

I think it works for only the host - so you can fly it solo, but for multiplayer with other clients connected, they will not get the F10 radio options, smoke etc.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Yep is broken, I have freshened it up a little for DCSW v1.5x (new MIST,etc) to have some chance of working, but I can't fix the custom lua scripts.

I think it works for only the host - so you can fly it solo, but for multiplayer with other clients connected, they will not get the F10 radio options, smoke etc.

Regards, Ian.

thank you i'll try

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

• 2 years later...

damn, its not working anymore since a few month. You cant load in troops, if you go to radio and then F7 for troops, there isnt the option to lead them in :/

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

• 1 year later...