which JSOW variant we'll get next Wednesday?

WildBillKelsoe

A?/B?/C?

which one?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

From WAGS: ED Forums » English » Digital Combat Simulator » DCS: F/A-18C Hornet » Hornet Mini-Updates

...As such, 2.5.5 is slated for 5 June and will include AGM-154A and C (along with the BRU-55A/A rack)...

From what I‘ve seen in videos from those guys who messed around with the lua file to get the JSOW „a bit earlier“, I believe it will be the original A model with the BLU-97/B cluster bomb submunition.

In my opinion a great addition to the Hornet‘s arsenal when it comes to SEAD. I can‘t wait to work out my own tactics using that thing against an S-300 site in one of my selfmade missions

Edited by Hog_No32

From WAGS: ED Forums » English » Digital Combat Simulator » DCS: F/A-18C Hornet » Hornet Mini-Updates

...As such, 2.5.5 is slated for 5 June and will include AGM-154A and C (along with the BRU-55A/A rack)...

Nope...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3933903&postcount=157

" This is an introduction video regarding use of the AGM-154C JSOW for DCS: F/A-18C Hornet. The AGM-154C is planned to be included in the next Open Beta release. "

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Not ready yet :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Are we going to get cluster version in the future?

Can jsow be launched against moving targets like big ships? maybe with help of jtac or tpod?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Can jsow be launched against moving targets like big ships? maybe with help of jtac or tpod?

Yes, we will get cluster A version.

No, it can only be used against stationary targets. While stationary ships do qualify, if you can supply coordinates via TPOD, what's the likelyhood it will be indeed stationary? :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3934656&postcount=158

"This will also allow us time to complete integration of the JSOW A version (still working on HT fuze settings)."

Soooo A and C if things go according to plan...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• ED Team
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3934656&postcount=158

"This will also allow us time to complete integration of the JSOW A version (still working on HT fuze settings)."

Soooo A and C if things go according to plan...

Yes, A and C are planned for next week, the 12th.

Thanks

That's some good news we'll probably be getting both variants at the same time twilightsmile.png

the original A model with the BLU-97/B cluster bomb submunition

Will this be more powerful than the current cluster bombs?

So that'd be the same as in the CBU-87. Haven't flown the A-10C for ages, but those were considerably more effective than the Rockeyes even back then.

Theoretically you could guesstimate a ships position upon impact, or even calculate it and then try to put them there... don't know if that could be done with WP offset function (which still isn't implemented though).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Not unless you know exactly where the target will be at the time of impact. There is a version with terminal IR guidance but that won’t make this version of the Hornet (maybe a paid Super Hornet update down the track :)).

Use a Harpoon at stand-off ranges of an LGB at TPOD ranges.

No, the JSOW-A and C we will have in the future will only attack stationary targets. Of course, you can predict the way forward based on experience and throw JSOW in front of the moving target. But that's another story. AGM154C-1 has link 16 control, and the terminal can be guided by man in the loop, thus hitting the moving target. But we didn't get it.

From wikipedia

"AGM-154C (unitary variant)

The AGM-154C uses an Imaging Infrared (IIR) terminal seeker with autonomous guidance. The AGM-154C carries the BROACH warhead. This two stage warhead is made up from a WDU-44 shaped augmenting warhead and a WDU-45 follow through bomb. The weapon is designed to attack hardened targets. It entered service with the US Navy in February 2005."

Do you know if this different to the JSOW variant we're getting? or is it inaccurate? I would take "unitary variant" to mean that they'd all have the same features and would expect it to have some sort of infrared seeker in DCS based on this entry in wikipedia.

From wikipedia

"AGM-154C (unitary variant)

The AGM-154C uses an Imaging Infrared (IIR) terminal seeker with autonomous guidance. The AGM-154C carries the BROACH warhead. This two stage warhead is made up from a WDU-44 shaped augmenting warhead and a WDU-45 follow through bomb. The weapon is designed to attack hardened targets. It entered service with the US Navy in February 2005."

Do you know if this different to the JSOW variant we're getting? or is it inaccurate? I would take "unitary variant" to mean that they'd all have the same features and would expect it to have some sort of infrared seeker in DCS based on this entry in wikipedia.

Wags said in Youtube comments that the version we're getting has an IR seeker, but it'd make no difference to how it works in DCS - the version we're getting just has 'scene-matching' (which I'm guessing means it'll compare against a reference picture of the target to improve accuracy). They're not going to bother modelling it, as it makes no difference to accuracy in DCS and they've got bigger fish to fry (I'm paraphrasing).