PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

On 12/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, PaulRS said:

Contacted Miles as, like a few others, I ordered back in Dec 2020. Excellent support from Miles and the problem was sorted within  days and my order is now in transit.

Cheers

Paul

My order arrived a week ago and I'm just dipping my toes into the Point ctrl pond.

So far so good.

There are quite a lot of button combos to get your head around but just working through slowly is the key for me. The equipment worked out of the box in my DCS cockpit. I still need to fine tune, but so far the experience has been very positive. Cold start is much easier and more intuitive that either 2D or trackIR has been for this newbie.

I've mapped the radio menu to one of the buttons on the side of my G2. should I be able to click on the list with pointctrl or is it back to the mouse to operate those menus?

just finished setting the timers on the finger controls. Again quite straightforward, just take/make the time to go through the instruction sheet in slow time.

A great piece of work Miles. S!

Paul

You could use PointCTRL for them but remember that DCS will have two cursors when a radio menu is open and you’ll have to use the white dot cursor for radios.

I’d instead recommend VAICOM PRO and Voiceattack for your comms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I have a problem with my left FCU. The red IR light is permanently on, I can't turn the FCU off and the buttons seem to have stopped functioning. The left FCU cursor still appears in the cockpit but pressing the buttons on the FCU has no effect on the in cockpit buttons.

If I press L1 the IR light continues to flash rapidly, releasing L1 defaults back to the IR light being permanently on.

Basically, the buttons are not functioning on the left FCU they way they should.

Anybody else encountered and if so is there an easy solution?

Thanks

Paul

4 hours ago, PaulRS said:

I have a problem with my left FCU. The red IR light is permanently on, I can't turn the FCU off and the buttons seem to have stopped functioning. The left FCU cursor still appears in the cockpit but pressing the buttons on the FCU has no effect on the in cockpit buttons.

If I press L1 the IR light continues to flash rapidly, releasing L1 defaults back to the IR light being permanently on.

Basically, the buttons are not functioning on the left FCU they way they should.

Anybody else encountered and if so is there an easy solution?

Thanks

Paul

Problem solved.

The answer was on the Point Ctrl Discord. It's a bug with some of the early V2 models. The buttons freeze if you are pressing too many buttons at once or during shutdown.

You can either wait for the battery to drain or do a hard reset by disconnecting the internal FCU battery and reconnecting. A word of warning, the new resin housings are  thin and are quite brittle. I would advise waiting for the battery to drain as primary option, or have some super glue on standby. 

Yup I snapped the top cover on mine... an easy fix though.

Cheers

Paul

On 1/19/2022 at 3:15 PM, RogueSqdn said:

You could use PointCTRL for them but remember that DCS will have two cursors when a radio menu is open and you’ll have to use the white dot cursor for radios.

I’d instead recommend VAICOM PRO and Voiceattack for your comms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This looks like an excellent option. The level of immersion looks jawdropping. I'll look into this. The cost is pretty minimal.

Thanks

Paul

On 1/23/2022 at 7:42 AM, PaulRS said:

Problem solved.

The answer was on the Point Ctrl Discord. It's a bug with some of the early V2 models. The buttons freeze if you are pressing too many buttons at once or during shutdown.

You can either wait for the battery to drain or do a hard reset by disconnecting the internal FCU battery and reconnecting. A word of warning, the new resin housings are  thin and are quite brittle. I would advise waiting for the battery to drain as primary option, or have some super glue on standby. 

Yup I snapped the top cover on mine... an easy fix though.

Cheers

Paul

This looks like an excellent option. The level of immersion looks jawdropping. I'll look into this. The cost is pretty minimal.

Thanks

Paul

It is - I never fly DCS without it, Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro - excellent tool!

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

My pointctrl has stopped working.

When I connect it to USB I have a "Unknown USB Device Descriptor Request Failed" message.

Is it arduino based? I was doing some arduino sketches and it stopped working after that.

I have a V2. Is there a way to reset / reinstal firmware?

Thanks.

I add some other information: the IR sensor led does not blink but the green one is on; if I click the additional buttons I have no led blinks. The device seems to be... bricked! I have it since two months. Need urgent support, thanks.

Edited by nessuno0505

5 hours ago, nessuno0505 said:

My pointctrl has stopped working.

When I connect it to USB I have a "Unknown USB Device Descriptor Request Failed" message.

Is it arduino based? I was doing some arduino sketches and it stopped working after that.

I have a V2. Is there a way to reset / reinstal firmware?

Thanks.

I add some other information: the IR sensor led does not blink but the green one is on; if I click the additional buttons I have no led blinks. The device seems to be... bricked! I have it since two months. Need urgent support, thanks.

Hey Nessuno,
DMed you in the discord.

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

• MilesD changed the title to PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Hello, I sent in a preorder in October of 2021 and was wondering what the timeline is? I sent two emails to ask where I am in the queue and no reply yet. It's very confusing, please just tell me how long is the wait? I tried to interpret on Discord and it looks like its about a year? Is that true?

7 hours ago, Nigel VP said:

Hello, I sent in a preorder in October of 2021 and was wondering what the timeline is? I sent two emails to ask where I am in the queue and no reply yet. It's very confusing, please just tell me how long is the wait? I tried to interpret on Discord and it looks like its about a year? Is that true?

I preordered Feb of 2021 and still waiting, but am getting close now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I was closer than I thought!

My turn came up this morning, have paid and should have it before long now. Really looking forward to trying this puppy out! I could have been mistaken when I pre-ordered it might have been even before Feb 2021 not sure.

Edit: Just double checked, yes I pre-ordered on 2/1/2021.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Enjoy it!  I'll change everything for you.

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Curious... When I placed my order last year, the price was listed at $175.00

My invoice shows $227.50

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

49 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Curious... When I placed my order last year, the price was listed at $175.00

My invoice shows $227.50

175 was for Basic Kit, 220 is for Advanced Kit.

Don B

14 minutes ago, dburne said:

175 was for Basic Kit, 220 is for Advanced Kit.

Tbh, I don't recall specifying. And emails don't either. Would it be possible to exchange/swap? @MilesD

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Submitted new order per email instructions.

--Arthur C Clark

45 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Submitted new order per email instructions.

Hey Sr.
Got the invoice update. My bad, you did order the basic kit. Since everyone usually orders the Advanced Kit, that's the default invoice. I must have forgot to change it.
I do recommend the magnetic chargers though for $12.00 USD, They work really well.

Thanks for your patience,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

5 hours ago, MilesD said:

Hey Sr.
Got the invoice update. My bad, you did order the basic kit. Since everyone usually orders the Advanced Kit, that's the default invoice. I must have forgot to change it.
I do recommend the magnetic chargers though for $12.00 USD, They work really well.

Thanks for your patience,

Miles

Awesome thanks Miles. 

Will I be receiving a new invoice?

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

Hi Miles

I dont remember either what I ordered but if you could make sure, I would like the advanced kit.

Im a bit disappointed that it will take a year to get this so if anyone drops out and wants to sell, let me know.

Regards

Nigel

Edited by Nigel VP

Editing now, I will put the magnetic chargers on there, just let me know if you don't' want them. The old invoice link should update, but you will also get another one.

Thanks

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

14 hours ago, MilesD said:

Editing now, I will put the magnetic chargers on there, just let me know if you don't' want them. The old invoice link should update, but you will also get another one.

Thanks

Miles

Thanks again!

I don't really need the chargers, my budgets a little tight already.

--Arthur C Clark

3 hours ago, Sr. said:

Thanks again!

I don't really need the chargers, my budgets a little tight already.

I know the feeling, I will include them at no charge.

• Like 2

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

5 minutes ago, MilesD said:

I know the feeling, I will include them at no charge.

Thanks man 🤜

--Arthur C Clark

Yay got a tracking number now, looks like my Point Control will be shipping out tomorrow.

Really looking forward to trying this out after about a year of waiting. Good times ahead.

Don B