Tigershark - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
frodrigues2016

Send a message via Yahoo to frodrigues2016
Default Tigershark

Everyone has eard about the F5 Tiger II....i would like to know if anyone has eard about the F20 TigerShark?....and if it his a viable project for DCS.
frodrigues2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
MVS=okie=

never went past prototype, doubtful.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Cool Breeze

Definitely one of those great "what if" planes! Maybe in a few years when the devs run out of popular planes to develop. We will start seeing stuff like this appear in DCS.
Lots of folks will howl about how "unrealistic" it would be to have jets like this in the game though. Realism is a matter for server masters to take into account not sim developers in my opinion. Lots of planes to come ahead of her though and still lots of room for her also, here's hoping for a maybe from someone in the future!

F-20 Tiger Shark Promo video!
https://youtu.be/6BDgQwlfHII

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."
John F. Kennedy
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #4
MVS=okie=

I always was a fan of the concept of the F-20 and it has a cool look too it. I use to play a an old table top wargame called Air Superiority/Air Strike by GDW back in the 80s that had the F-20 in it as a what if, of course it had the F-19 too .
Old 07-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
mattebubben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVS=okie= View Post
never went past prototype, doubtful.
it did go past Prototype.

It was a fully developed aircraft it just never got purchased by anyone.

But still i dont think a full module is likely since there is probably not enough data on it.

And i see no point/reason for adding aircraft that were never adopted / Used when we have so many aircraft that we dont have in the game that are much more important/significant
(even though i really like the F-20 and im sad nobody adopted it as i think it was a great aircraft i dont think they should add it to DCS any time soon).

Would be much better to add any number of aircraft that have seen service.

Either common mainstream aircraft Like F-16 or Mig-23 or something more obscure like a Mitsubishi F-1 or AIDC F-CK-1.

Or maby one of the many chinese designs since there is currently nothing chinese in DCS and they represent one of the big aircraft building nations,
maby something like a J-8 or Q-5? or one of the later J-7 variants (that are different enough from the Mig-21 not to conflict with the existing mig-21Bis module)

Last edited by mattebubben; 07-17-2016 at 10:08 PM.
mattebubben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #6
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
And i see no point/reason for adding aircraft that were never adopted / Used when we have so many aircraft that we dont have in the game that are much more important/significant
(even though i really like the F-20 and im sad nobody adopted it as i think it was a great aircraft i dont think they should add it to DCS any time soon).
Totally agree!!
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:21 AM   #7
MVS=okie=

I said that wrong, I didn't mean to say it was not a fully developed fighter, I just meant it never was used by anyone and only like 3 were built (is that right?), but yes I agree there is no point in making it here, I purchased the F-5 and will be happy with it I'm sure when it is released.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:15 AM   #8
Drag0nWIng

only 2 prototype, how?
maybe someone could buy one from nasa or museum.
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:35 AM   #9
mvsgas
Veteran

I don't think it matter if they make an F-20 or not. But I don't think it matters if it was active or not or if it was a "prototype". AFAIK, SU-25T never enter productions and the KA-50 was very limited production and service time and I enjoy both of those. Maybe the F-20 would be fun.
EvilBivol-1

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #10
Sim Flyer

As what i have been reading about the F20 it would be a very enjoyable aircraft and also an aircraft that i would like to se in DCS but there are other aircraft i would like to see before this one.
Sim Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote