Mirage F1 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #21
Sajonez

@Buzzles Alright, this is a good answer. Thank you.

@NeilWillis Oh my...Once again I am saying its called honest feedback from online player, nothing more... If some developer will write down that he doesnt stand for this kind of feedback from potential customer, than its pretty clear. Sure I have a choice to buy or not to buy, to support or not to support...words just explain reasons better than purchase numbers. So far, Ive supported everything and looking forward for other projects...and here, I am looking forward for Mirage F1.

TL RAVEN logo
Sajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #22
NeilWillis
Veteran

Very fair point Sajonez, and I wouldn't ever want to censor anyone. However, and here is the thing that annoys me, as I am sure it does many others.

First, it isn't stating anything that hasn't been said ad nauseum before.
Second, he hijacked a thread to make his comments - that's not very good netiquette.
Third, how is a prejudice feedback? All he says is he doesn't like training aircraft. Is that feedback, or just background noise? No one says he has to like what is released. Useful feedback should take the form of making a simple choice. Buy it, or don't buy it.

Isn't that also relevant here? I guess getting on for 1/4 of all posts here are in the form of pointless opinions about which product someone would or wouldn't buy; debating when a product will be released; stating that they prefer one or other genre (just how many WW2/modern debates do we need?). After a while it just gets very boring frankly.

I guess you could also say that these responses that slate people for it are also getting past a joke, and frankly, yes they are. So I apologise if I have stirred the pot on that score.

Is it really just honest feedback? To me it was unnecessary, and inappropriate - that's just MY honest feedback.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #23
Iberian

Send a message via ICQ to Iberian

I find the C-101 very interesting aircraft choice, and i can't wait to fly it. I'm an aviation lover so I would even buy a Cessna 172 module if someone was to make one. So to that person that thinks the trainers are less interesting, I'm sure a lot of ppl don't share that thought.

In a way the "simpler" aircraft servers as a way for new groups of developers to get an understanding of how to apply their skills withinthe DCS world platform, so later they can try with a more complex aircraft.

Now back on the topic at hand, the Mirage F1 has battled vs MiG21s often, it would be a great DCS opponent.

Last edited by Iberian; 10-26-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #24
DocSigma

Let the Devs develop what they want to develop; they invested the capitol and time affording them that right. My advice is to be grateful that there is constructive - and very productive - cooperation between ED and third party developers enabling expansion of the DCS world/environment. Be patient; and, in time, i'm sure there will be an ample number of combat modules developed that will satiate your combat experience need.

We are mere mortals, and cannot know the minds of the devs
Old 10-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #25
JuanOscar
3rd Party Developer

Back to the Mirage F1, is an aircraft really close to the team in many ways, with some work done on it in the past... So we would like to develop the Mirage F1 for sure.

But we have to go step by step, due it is not only depending on us. So we cannot announce anything officially so far... patience
Old 10-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #26
Stratos

So we can train on the C101 then move to the F.1... one day of course
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #27
Poker

The future looks cool isn´t?
Training on C-101EB, as we are the best in our virtual air force academy we can choose our first combat assignment between:
- Mirage F.1 (who knows, maybe...)
- ED F-18
- VEAO Eurofighter

Almost the same as the real Spanish Air Force! . Someone please add the F-5B in between and that completes the saga...

BTW I was at Aire75, a pleasure to greet you guys at the stand!

JM
Old 10-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #28
Stratos

That's my idea too, a virtual spanish AF.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #29
Iberian

Send a message via ICQ to Iberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
That's my idea too, a virtual spanish AF.
I used to run a group of Spanish AF for Flight sim a few years ago (EAE Ejercito del Aire Español) It would be cool to have one in DCS
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #30
kazereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iberian View Post
I find the C-101 very interesting aircraft choice, and i can't wait to fly it. I'm an aviation lover so I would even buy a Cessna 172 module if someone was to make one. So to that person that thinks the trainers are less interesting, I'm sure a lot of ppl don't share that thought.
I am much the same way. There are interesting things to in all kinds of aircraft and endless amount of things where people can improve their skills.

I am looking forward to both C-101 and F1 from Aviodev as additions to the growing fleet of aircraft in DCS