Mirage F1 - Page 2 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #11
Iberian
Member
 
Iberian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 378
Send a message via ICQ to Iberian
Default

in Aviodev's old facebook page it had various pictures of the Mirage F1 they were working on, looks great so far!

Here's a vid https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #12
Sajonez
Junior Member
 
Sajonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 12
Default

Well, its a kinda sad that you prefered trainer aircraft before very interesting combat machine. I think that feedback of DCS players is important and I hope you will take it without offence..
Today I wrote a post on VEAO Simulations facebook as a reaction on project HAWK and its the same with this one. I hope you dont mind if I just copy here the exact words.

... Our CZ/SK virtual squadron will not support this kind of modules. We want frontline combat machines, not trainers or aerobatic planes. As owners of every DCS module which can be purchased right now, we are enjoying combat in DCS World MP on proven servers. Sorry guys but my opinion is clear. Time and money which you invested in this project could be spent way better. I am continuously watching ED forum so I understand that you have different kind of development teams, but anyway....If you release some logical combat machine in good quality which can be usefull in MP combat, you can count on it will appear in our collection.
__________________
Pilot of the CSAF - TL RAVEN

TL RAVEN logo

Last edited by Sajonez; 10-18-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Sajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #13
Flagrum+
Posting Rights Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: r/hoggit
Posts: 6,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajonez View Post
Well, its a kinda sad that you prefered trainer aircraft before very interesting combat machine. I think that feedback of DCS players is important and I hope you will take it without offence..
Today I wrote a post on VEAO Simulations facebook as a reaction on project HAWK and its the same with this one. I hope you dont mind if I just copy here the exact words.

... Our CZ/SK virtual squadron will not support this kind of modules. We want frontline combat machines, not trainers or aerobatic planes. As owners of every DCS module which can be purchased right now, we are enjoying combat in DCS World MP on proven servers. Sorry guys but my opinion is clear. Time and money which you invested in this project could be spent way better. I am continuously watching ED forum so I understand that you have different kind of development teams, but anyway....If you release some logical combat machine in good quality which can be usefull in MP combat, you can count on it will appear in our collection.
Trainer ...? *confused* The topic at hand is "Mirage F1"?
Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #14
CYLON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
Trainer ...? *confused* The topic at hand is "Mirage F1"?
I think what he was trying to say is, he and the members of his virtual squadron do not support AvioDev's initial development of a "training" aircraft in lieu of the Mirage F1. I don't think he actually understands that all of the training aircraft in development for DCS can be used or are used to supplement real world combat operations. The HAWK, L-39, and C-101 all have some sort of combat capacity and are considered "war-birds", so I don't understand what the point of bringing that particular subject up is, other than, he wants the Mirage F1 instead and is angry.
CYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:24 AM   #15
Flagrum+
Posting Rights Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: r/hoggit
Posts: 6,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY View Post
I think what he was trying to say is, he and the members of his virtual squadron do not support AvioDev's initial development of a "training" aircraft in lieu of the Mirage F1. I don't think he actually understands that all of the training aircraft in development for DCS can be used or are used to supplement real world combat operations. The HAWK, L-39, and C-101 all have some sort of combat capacity and are considered "war-birds", so I don't understand what the point of bringing that particular subject up is, other than, he wants the Mirage F1 instead and is angry.
So, in short: that posting was completely OT.
Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:34 AM   #16
CYLON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
So, in short: that posting was completely OT.
Pretty much.
CYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #17
NeilWillis
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,714
Default

I'm sure the developers will be suitably chastened by his remarks, how remiss of them not to cater purely to his needs despite the rest of us loving the Hawk! We mere mortals should take note I think, the warbird gods have spoken.

I think it's round about now that someone restarts the WW2 debate too?
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
Sajonez
Junior Member
 
Sajonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 12
Default

I am sorry if I was OT but I didnt see any topic where I could post my feedback / opinion and also have chance to get some answer from developers....or maybe some chance to talk about it little bit. Your posts are pretty much OT as well without any content ;-)

Combat capabilites of these kind of aircraft ( C101, Hawk, L-39...) are very limited. You can use it as a light attack aircraft but in rough multiplayer DCS World they will be very vulnerable and their tasks must be easy with minimum threats if you want to succeed.
Trainer aircraft sounds very well but DCS reality is separated from the real one. If you crash, you can spam again. A lots of guys bought FC3 package which includes supersonic jets and attackers with very simplified systems. They are ideal to learn basics and combat stuff.
As an aerobatic airplane, they can be very handy but not every squadron is aerobatic....

Mirage F1 is one fine aircraft and could be one of the most usefull planes right now.

Once again I am saying dont take it as a rude critics. Its just feedback from DCS World fan which is addicted to online multiplayer.
__________________
Pilot of the CSAF - TL RAVEN

TL RAVEN logo
Sajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #19
Buzzles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajonez View Post
I am sorry if I was OT but I didnt see any topic where I could post my feedback / opinion and also have chance to get some answer from developers....or maybe some chance to talk about it little bit. Your posts are pretty much OT as well without any content ;-)

Combat capabilites of these kind of aircraft ( C101, Hawk, L-39...) are very limited. You can use it as a light attack aircraft but in rough multiplayer DCS World they will be very vulnerable and their tasks must be easy with minimum threats if you want to succeed.
Trainer aircraft sounds very well but DCS reality is separated from the real one. If you crash, you can spam again. A lots of guys bought FC3 package which includes supersonic jets and attackers with very simplified systems. They are ideal to learn basics and combat stuff.
As an aerobatic airplane, they can be very handy but not every squadron is aerobatic....

Mirage F1 is one fine aircraft and could be one of the most usefull planes right now.

Once again I am saying dont take it as a rude critics. Its just feedback from DCS World fan which is addicted to online multiplayer.
Don't take this badly, but a quick search on the specific topic of trainers vs front line combat jets on the forum would have told you the *exact* reason why the inital third party planes are either modern trainers or very old warbirds: DCS is complicated, and in the sim market, you need to walk before you can run.

VEAO recently said in the Hawk topics that the work they did on the Hawk and what they learnt is paying dividends and resulting in substantial improvements in speed in their other projects.
I'd imagine Aviodev will be doing the same thing.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #20
NeilWillis
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,714
Default

One thing we all have to accept is that not everyone shares our opinions, and not everyone wants to constantly read how you'll boycott model A or B because it doesn't fit your personal idea of the new world order.

If you were putting up the money to fund these developments, you can decide what they produce. If you don't then you simply have to live with what they decide.

One thing is certain. No developer will change direction due to anyone here's opinions however vehement the protest, or whether or not you choose to include them in your multiplayer empire.

What you can bank on however, is pissing everyone else off by making statements that are totally irrelevant to anyone else - we all have our prejudices - because that is, after all, all these statements are.

Whether your thing is WW2, modern, trainers, ground attack aircraft or air superiority fighters, someone else will have their own opinions too. Is that so difficult a concept for everyone to grasp? Buy it, don't buy it, it is your choice, but don't think telling everyone else why will make one iota of difference - it simply won't.

On the other hand, if you want to point out technical errors, suggest ways to improve modules somehow, or have some good ideas about how to get the best out of DCS World, great.

That however is of course just my opinion, so as such it is also irrelevant, so let's have yet another debate about what's good and what's not. On the other hand, we could all just get real.

So, shall we get back on topic now? When is the Mirage being released?
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.