Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

That sounds "Interesting"

Does that mean people who (like me) bought BS1 then BS2 "upgrade" will pay price X

And people who just directly bought BS2 will pay price Y ?

where X < Y ?

I don't think so, I think he's referring to people who have any version of BS2 getting a much cheaper upgrade to BS3 than people will pay to buy a brand new copy of BS3

It is a safe bet that if you only have BS1 you will have to pay full price for 'BS3'.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That sounds "Interesting"

Does that mean people who (like me) bought BS1 then BS2 "upgrade" will pay price X

And people who just directly bought BS2 will pay price Y ?

where X < Y ?

You have three ways:

1) get free 3D model and texture update to BS2 and be happy.

2) pay small BS2 upgrade and you get President-S and IGLA as addition.

3) pay full new module for full price.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Couple of questions if you don't mind Matt. Can we still carry Vikhr and Igla at the same time ? And can we make contact with the AWACS or GCI ?

Thanks

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Well who knows how this will pan out

The BS1 to BS2 upgrade cost was just as much a shock to Matt

as everyone else as he did not know it was going to happen that way until the announcement

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Couple of questions if you don't mind Matt. Can we still carry Vikhr and Igla at the same time ? And can we make contact with the AWACS or GCI ?

Thanks

I'm thinking it will deal with whether or not the Igla's have to be able to move, like the Vhikers, and how much exhaust they have ( which interferes with the Shark's turbine engines). Though I have yet to see any picture of Iglas mounted on the inside stations. What would be nice, is a third outside station for iglas only, like the Ka-52 has.

First> I can't Imagine why you would even MENTION something that you paid for TEN YEARS AGO. I mean come on people. You have probably upgraded your hardware five times since then. It's not like we are paying a fortune here. I can only speak for myself and I am more than happy to pay for all these new things.

It's a decade since BS1 came out and sooo much water have flown under the bridges since then.

I mean... I pay more for a saturday out with the boys than I pay for a DCS modue so... yeah

Second: I am *pretty sure* that on one of the pictures shown, you can see two Igla's mounted on the inner Pylons.

If this means that you can take 12 Vikhrs + 4 Iglas - that would be a sweet loadout.

8 Iglas on the two outer oylons and rockets would be a pretty cool wing-commander loadout as well.

Soooo happy and excited for theese news - its LOADS more than I would ever have dreamed of - seeing as how they previously said that we would not get MWS and AA missiles.

This is a day to be remembered :sorcerer:

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I'm thinking it will deal with whether or not the Igla's have to be able to move, like the Vhikers, and how much exhaust they have ( which interferes with the Shark's turbine engines). Though I have yet to see any picture of Iglas mounted on the inside stations. What would be nice, is a third outside station for iglas only, like the Ka-52 has.

They shouldn't move, Vikhrs move in order to align themselves to the laser target. While with IR missiles like Iglas the missile does all the work. So if they cannot be mounted in internal it would be for another reason.

Ah, thanks Wags!

Please give us FLIR also, if that's possible. Without it, it's almost impossible to do night attacks. I know there are those "illumination" rockets, but they seem like ancient technology.

You saw the 3D model : Shkval, no FLIR ;)

They can model the Shkval filters, there is a low luminosity one. Although it obviously won't be as good as a FLIR...

They can model the Shkval filters, there is a low luminosity one. Although it obviously won't be as good as a FLIR...

Never say Never :)

And all it would take model wise is the ball mounted under the SHKVAL.

I would think FLIR is what people would want the most. You just can't do night missions with the Shark without it.

Not only unfortunately. It would then need to implement a new cockpit version with new specific avionics. It would have been nice but they obviously didn't choose this way.

Still Shkval is currently usable at night, at least for me, I see with it like in bright day which is kinda sick btw.

• ED Team
I have the upgrade Ka-50-2. I will have this discount too? New Cockpit will have new glass MFD display?

You can be pretty sure that you will need to be at Black Shark 2 level to upgrade, so you should be good, BS 1 I am sure won't be valid.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Anybody knows, do the MWS include an RWR?

It's different System, called SPO-32 PASTEL RWR, after countless Disscussions over the Years the Conclusion was the RWR got never Operational on Ka-50 or past the design Phase.

MAK-UFM, nice done ED finally some cool Helicopter Stuff. Round two for the Pesky IGLA Soldiers :D

In his Operational History was also more Dealing with asymetric Warfare, then lunch Attacks on SAM Sites.

Little bit offtopic, but there is a long long List how the Russian modified the Skhval for beeing night Attack cable, but wonder how this looks like?

Was for example Shkval+N (Night Attack), was it operational without the FLIR Turret you see in the most Photos?

Never saw any Picture with the Mercuy Low Light Sensor?

There also claimed some get FLIR Sensor in to the Skhval and Thermal Mapping.

Is there any good Information, about the Night Attack ability?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Best news letter in ages! Looking forward to the update. Just curious, ED were always adamant they wouldn't be adding air to air missiles on the Ka-50 because although they were tested, they were never used in service. What's changed? Is it going to realistic for us to carry Iglas or not?

I'd just like to know if we're flirting with fantasy with these new additions. I have huge respect for ED for their dedication in sticking (as close as is possible) to reality. Real aircraft that were used in service, not prototypes or testbeds. ED deserve my money, but I won't buy fantasy.

I'll be buying the Mi-24 at full price.

Edited by martinistripes

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Heuuum...

Kamov-50 ?

Yep sure they deployed 2 helicopters in "operation" in Chechnya... They deployed 2 testbeds/prototypes...

:D

"Ka-50 took part in the Russian Army's operations against separatists in the Chechen Republic during the Second Chechen War. In December 2000, a pair of production Ka-50s arrived to the area." -from the Ka-50 Wiki

It was the first use of them in combat so they were, in a way, being tested. But they were production aircraft, that's not really the same as a prototype, is it? If they were deployed in a combat scenario, that's good enough. But the AA missiles?

Should we now allow every tested experimental configuration of all other aircraft in DCS World? I don't really want to rain on anyone's parade here, because it's a bloody good parade! It's time and attention spent on a really great module; the great grandfather of all other modules. But what changed with the air-to-air thing? How come we've gone from, "Definitely no, you will not have air to air, it's not realistic" to "here, have some air-to-air capability if you like"?

Edited by martinistripes

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Meh, these "production" aircrafts didn't even have an ABRIS at the beginning, they set in place a specific maintenance group which "added them" right before being deployed. (These were no22 and 25 if I do well remember)

Chechnya was nothing else than an occasion to test the general concept, nothing more. They were pre-production prototypes. Having them being deployed in operation doesn't change anything to this. The main purpose was to test the aircraft in real conditions. It's like the Super Pershing tank in WW2. One got deployed at war, still the production version was different on many sides thanks to the experience they got from it.

Kamov-50 never was more than a prototype, whenever and wherever would you be looking.

The Air-to-air was planned on the Kamov-50 just like most modern combat helicopters. The only thing is that on the version ED decided to release, which is obvisouly not the exact same than the one they want for this new release, cables weren't installed in order to have the ability to shoot the Iglas, which is very common because expensive. But plug in the cables and wow, guess what, it will work ;) That's all.

Edit : here is all the story :

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=75432&d=1357148409

And if you read all to page 3, you will read this :

2c598843bcc0156d180fc505688de74ab9403ecd.png

Better than wikipedia right ? :p

They are called "prototypes" many many times in this pdf ^^

Edited by dimitriov

Well... in RL you are a bit more flexible. Sometimes aircraft are upgraded after the production line with more systems during their operational lifetime. I don't know specifically about the KA-50 but I know about some other aircraft that were being constantly upgraded with newer systems in some Air Forces.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

That's definitely a must be working in the new BS3.....

if there will be a flir, i would pay. otherwise not willing to pay for only igla

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5