Low FPS (cockpit and external) with Oculus Rift - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
Tellurico

Default Low FPS (cockpit and external) with Oculus Rift

Hi all,
I am doing some extensive testing with the Titan X and the Oculus Rift DK2.
I found a good compromise between quality and performance and I created a benchmark mission I am using to test the various aircrafts.

I can keep constant 75fps (no judder) with every plane (Hawk and A10C included), even with cockpit and flood lights on, but there is no way to get the C-101 working at that frame rate, I always get bad judder which makes it unusable with the Rift.

The problem is mainly visible in cockpit view (as if there is too much geometry or it is not very well optimized) but also looking the aircraft with F2 causes the problem.
I can get to 75fps just in extremely sparse situations (over the sea for example) but as soon as I get close to an airport judder starts again.

Turning on the cockpit flood lights makes things much worst. Unfortunately, there is no way to shortcut the other light controls from the hotkey assignment panel and the clickable cockpit is unusable with the Rift.

It's such a sin because I love to fly this plane, I would really love to get a smooth experience as the other planes.

Giuliano Golfieri aka Tellurico
36° Stormo Virtuale
Italy

Last edited by Tellurico; 04-12-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Tellurico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Spetz

Probably because the C-101 is optimized for EDGE, not the current DCW World graphics engine.

i7 7700k, MSI z270 M3 mobo, 16 Gb Ripjaw DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti, Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler, Corsair NVMe SSD for OS, 1tb Mushkin SSD for games, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, 5.1 surround, Oculus Rift
Spetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:24 AM   #3
rcjonessnp175

? clickable cockpits work perfectly in the Rift.... set rift as primary and turn it on when mission is loading...
Old 05-07-2015, 07:38 AM   #4
Tellurico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetz View Post
Probably because the C-101 is optimized for EDGE, not the current DCW World graphics engine.
OK thanks, I'll wait for DCS with EDGE even more impatiently now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
? clickable cockpits work perfectly in the Rift.... set rift as primary and turn it on when mission is loading...
Thanks for the hint, I've always used the DK2 as secondary monitor , will try as primary
Tellurico is offline   Reply With Quote