YAK-52 FAQ - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 11:49 PM   #21
zhukov032186

I felt a grave disturbance in the Steamworks, as if thousands of wallets all opened at once, and were suddenly empty. Thanks guys
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #22
Abburo

There is a YAK52-TW version. It is actually a tail dragger which hides comepletely its main wheels inside the wings. Is by any chance something that ED might consider to adapt?
HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel M.2 250 GB, VPC Mongoos + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, G13, T650, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift
Abburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:59 PM   #23
norbot

[QUOTE=NineLine;3585169]Yak-52 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What language will the cockpit be in on release?
A: Currently we have a Russian. English & Chinese versions are WIP.

Any news about a complete English cockpit? A lot of the instruments are still in Russian. If you can't read that (like me), it's quite hard to know at a glance, at which instrument to look at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_180920_223147.png
Views:	122
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	194319  

Last edited by norbot; 09-27-2018 at 11:42 AM.
norbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #24
Jester986

Is there a timeline for a damage model? I'd like to use this as a FAC and mark targets with the smoke pod? Also could we get some generic skins for other countries other than bare metal? I know I can download them but for multiplayer use. Thanks.
Jester986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #25
gulredrel

What are the next steps implementing missing things?
Would like to have a working ARK instrument to do some NDB nav training flights.
gulredrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #26
Redglyph

Q: Will there be new features in the ME and mission flow to allow for training/"civilian" missions?

A few items to clarify and illustrate the question:
- support in Lua to read the gauges and model parameters, and to write updated values on actuators: most of the time it is much easier to put that in a script than using many triggers and actions, especially when it has to be repeated several times
- more precise triggers to gather info: typically, what horizontal/vertical speed at touch down, or what is such model parameter when the user hit such trigger in space, flag to indicate whether something happened, even a short event for which current triggers would react too late
- 3D zone triggers (currently only 2D circles, and very visible green gates): typical examples are control of pattern flight, approach and departures
- module state persistence: it is strange to get a fresh new aircraft at the start of each mission during a campaign, maintenance could be available but the negligence should have consequences
- campaign data: the same idea but for general campaign state, idea of progression, items still to achieve, scores, ...