Keybind menu shows blank

Korstat

It is very repeatable for me. Here is my explanation of how I can make it happen and go away (in another topic).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3624264&postcount=2

The key point is you have to be using multiple monitors _views_, not spanned mode. Multiple views comes when using the "3 screens" lua file, for example. If you switch to "1 screen", even if spanning over 3 monitors, then the problem goes away. You don't have to enable nVidia Surround mode to span 3 monitors using "1 screen". DCS will span across 3 monitors like it is in surround mode if you select "1 screen" and a resolution that encompasses all 3 monitors. But if you then select "3 screen", it switches to 3 camera views as determined by your monitors .lua file. It seems it is the multiple view mode that is the problem. I assume this occurs with 2 monitor, or other multi-view setups, but I only tested the "3 screens" mode. My 3 screens file is the default 3 screens lua provided by DCS.

The text in the config menu is there. We just can't see it. I can select the column headings for example and I can see the text when it highlights the text (because you are allowed to change the controller name).

The problem exits in the current OpenBeta Branch (as of today still). The problem does not exist in the release version (as of today still).

In my case is worst. I discovered that yes.. putting one display the controls appears.... BUT it don't let me modify anything. Yes.. they catch the values of joystick and keyboard, but once I hit done, all is black and I have to quit the DCS with task manager.

That is totally a problem because I need to modify controls before tomorrow!!

Edit: The black screen comes because settings.lua in MissionEditor folder. I removed it and let generate other.. and now is working. BUT still I have the problem with the show controls (and let me modify them) with 3 screens).

Don't know why a settings.lua would affect to put the black screen when modifying controls... but it does... and it didn't before.

Edited by Japo32

• ED Team

Drakoz

Thanks for good description.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Same.

YES YES YES the Same

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I created a support ticket with ED. They said the problem is not with them. Their updates don’t touch the User folder.

All of us are wrong?

How about everyone having this problem create a support ticket?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I created a support ticket with ED. They said the problem is not with them. Their updates don’t touch the User folder.

All of us are wrong?

How about everyone having this problem create a support ticket?

It is not in the user folder, it's in the monitors lua files under :

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

Constraining the GUI viewport to the center screen (on 3 monitors/surround configuration as Drakoz said earlier) causes this issue, which didn't happen before this release... ! so yes , ED did do something here...

So my workaround for now is to change the GUI viewport resolution to be the SAME as the 3 monitors combined (now 6000x1200 for my screens with BC).

Now I can see the controller menus back.

you can also delete the GUI viewport parameters, so DCS will run on the "Center" screen parameters which is normally the sum of 3 monitors in multi monitors pc.

Problem is now the GUI is spread across 3 screens which is highly uncomfortable.

The splash screen when running DCS which is also spread across part of the 3 screens indicates this problem.

I hope ED will solve it and fix it soon.

Callsign   SETUP

Wow, glad I found this post. This happened to me today as well. I run triple screens using a custom 3 Monitor lua that is in my Saved Games folder.

The first time I started the game today I got a message that it couldn't connect to the ED servers and would run offline. Then I got this error message that it was going to DISABLE ALL OF MY PRODUCTS THAT I PAID FOR! So, I Ended Task on DCS to stop that crap.. Not sure if that has anything to do with this..

I removed all my mods and ran Cleanup, Update, and Repair twice. Then I found this thread...

Commenting out this line fixed it. Yes, my MonitorSetup lua file is in my Saved Games folder.

--UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Thanks!

PS:

I put in a ticket for this as well. ED responded that it is a bug, and will be fixed. S!

1262196329_DCSDeactivateEverything.png.07ea058ee543e31d8df810d9e73a6dd3.png

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I should really check the boards more often. I've had this problem for several weeks and have done all kinds of things up to and including a complete removal and fresh reinstall. I did need to do it anyway so I'm not too upset. I'll be glad when this issue is fixed though!

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is fixed for me in todays Beta Patch.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread. Im still having this issue - how about others?

I'm running 3 screen 5760x1080 setup.

Keybindings or controllers not visible (unless hovering mouse over it) - everything just looks blank. But everything works same as before. Have not tried to assign/change any controls - but the Add Assignment Panel shows blank too.

Help?

Running the latest stable DCS World 2.5.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

This was solved 3 Beta and 2 Stable updates ago.

Beta Update: DCS 2.5.3.22176

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3636114&postcount=29

I believe this is the way they described the fix, which matches what people found in this thread (and other threads):

Scale UI does not scale properly to UIMainView if not the Same Resolution as DCS Resolution - fixed.

Stable Update: DCS 2.5.3.22176

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3638932&postcount=8

Double check you are running the most recent update.

I have not tested the stable version as I only run the Open Beta, but the latest Stable release supposedly brought the Stable version up to match the Beta.

There may be a corner case where it still happens, but I haven't seen it. Which monitor (LUA) config are you using?

There is still another issue where drop down menus show up on the left monitor (for me on a 3 monitor config using the default 3 monitor LUA file). This is not directly related to the original problem discussed here, but I mention it because multi-monitor stuff is often broken in new releases. I don't think the ED team does much testing with multi-monitors, so if you have done anything uncommon with 3 monitors (like a custom monitors LUA script), it is possible you have found another variation of the issue.

Double check you are running the most recent update.

I feel bit ashamed - but it looks I was behind updates. I was so used to DCS World offering updates by itself during startup that I thought I was up to date. Maybe something got messed up once I moved my installation folder to an SSD, not sure.

I'll get back to this if it still occurs after the update - but I doubt it. Many thanks for your help.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer