Ka50 Cockpit too bright and washed out.

Jonney

Hey everyone,

Recently I've gone back to trying to fly the Ka50 and I seem to have an issue with the cockpit light levels.

I use an HTC Vive and fly in VR.

It's OK on the mission brief page, but as I click the 'Fly' button, after about 2 secs, it's like someone has turned on a spotlight and everything is far too bright. The cockpit lights are selected to 'off'.

It really hard to spot targets on the Targeting display screen as it's like trying to watch TV when the sun shining on the screen.

It's present in openbeta and release for me. Ive tried messing with settings and adjusting the gamma, but to no avail.

I'm not sure when this started happening as I've not flown the Ka50 for quite a while.

It also affects the default english, russian and Ricardo's cockpit mod.

I'm not really sure what else to try. Is this a new bug that's crept in during one of the updates or am I just being dippy?

picture.php?albumid=1579&pictureid=10097

Edited by Jonney

I flew again today.. the tv screen is just like what this thread says,,, plus nasty lines appear like the old tv's from the 1950's when a tube goes bad. washed out, bright, or too dark,,,,, sometimes, you get lucky and it looks decent for a few, then goes back to crappy and can't see. Yes, this is probably listed in bugs, but why broken now after all those years of a decent screen to target targets. Sad that it could take months to fix things that worked many years until some bad code in some updates. I don't think it my computer, as I have pretty much good equipment and software. Plus there are many other pilots who have been affected by these issues. I am happy there are some of us here who can tell those who can help in better words and descriptions that I can, about what is wrong.

update:

Nvidia changed V-Sync to adaptive, almost everything I can think of is maxed out, but no Overclocking of anything. it seemed to have helped with the IT-23VM TV monitor.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a post about how frustrated I am with the ka-50. They deleted it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the same on the Huey and Mi-8. Probably its a general problem. What I found fixed it was to set the 'shadow'' setting to 'High' or anything higher than 'Flat only'.

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

• 9 months later...

I have the same, though it just seems to be sunlight, It does get unusable. I find that the Ricardo's cockpit is a bit worse even that standard because the led displays are unreadable. Any fix for it?